Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 21, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #26,311 of 75,272
It is about DHL custom fee policy on each country. Mine paid $14. Another country is different.
That’s more or less what would have been charged even if by regular postal service, at least if shipped to Denmark (EU) or Norway (non-EU). There import tax (VAT) would have been €13 (25% of item value + shipping) and customs handling fee would have been €21.50 (Denmark) or €15 (Norway). VAT in Ireland is 23%, €12 in your case, so DHL apparently charged you €26 in handling fee.
This is why I’m willing to wait the 4 weeks for economy shipping from China...

Paying more than 50% of the items cost should be a crime! Imagine if the item was only worth the €50 I paid for it and If Penon charged me shipping fee’s... I should count myself lucky I guess:/

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #26,312 of 75,272
Last thing to add about the earbud, it’s rated at 32 ohms impendance but has a sensitivity of 120db!

These this can be driven easily through my phone (6s), infact the sound really well driven as the bass is really punchy and there is power behind it.

Dec 21, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #26,313 of 75,272
This is why I’m willing to wait the 4 weeks for economy shipping from China...

Paying more than 50% of the items cost should be a crime! Imagine if the item was only worth the €50 I paid for it and If Penon charged me shipping fee’s... I should count myself lucky I guess:/
It sucks, but anything that escapes fees is lucky, not standard. I don't know if DAPs and earphones are subject to duty, but you should pay item value + duty + VAT, shipping + VAT. DHL add handling fees of something like €15 + 2% of the value, and they're often sly ****s because they add the 2% after everything else.

Challenge it if it's calculated incorrectly.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #26,314 of 75,272
My red Memt x6 have finally arrived. I plugged them into my Ruizu A50 to make sure they worked. I planned to leave them to burn in but 90 minutes later they are still in my ears. I cannot really compare them to anything yet because I have never used buds with the albums that I am playing right now. The one playing right now has not been listened to in years. Too much music, Too much gear. Not enough time.

They stick together with magnets to help keep them tidy when stored. The cable is fabric below the split and rubber above. No microphonics. They fit very comfortably in my ears so smaller than Monk shells.

Besides the red these come in black, silver, gold and rose gold.

The red is not really this bright in real life. It matches my red Cayin N3.

Original-MEMT-X6-In-Ear-Earphone-3-5MM-Stereo-In-Ear-Headset-Dynamic-Earbuds-Hifi-Bass.jpg

Original-MEMT-X6-In-Ear-Earphone-3-5MM-Stereo-In-Ear-Headset-Dynamic-Earbuds-Hifi-Bass.jpg

Dec 21, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #26,316 of 75,272
My favourite thing about them so far is that you can play music loudly or play very trebley music and it's never fatiguing but still very lively and detailed up top. Don't know how they did that so well.

interestingly, this is what i would describe the Liebesleid..but with slightly higher resolution to the BK (the BK wins on punchy-ness) . how does the BS1 bass compared to the BK or masya?

My red Memt x6 have finally arrived. I plugged them into my Ruizu A50 to make sure they worked. I planned to leave them to burn in but 90 minutes later they are still in my ears. I cannot really compare them to anything yet because I have never used buds with the albums that I am playing right now. The one playing right now has not been listened to in years. Too much music, Too much gear. Not enough time.

They stick together with magnets to help keep them tidy when stored. The cable is fabric below the split and rubber above. No microphonics. They fit very comfortably in my ears so smaller than Monk shells.

Besides the red these come in black, silver, gold and rose gold.

The red is not really this bright in real life. It matches my red Cayin N3.

would love to hear a review for it soon, it's pretty! how's the size compared to regular mx500 shells? i want to "poison" my wife to like earbuds, but haven't had success yet (she prefers iems because mx shells hurts her ears). haven't tried yuin tipes yet

Dec 21, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #26,317 of 75,272
Penon BS1 Official is a two thumbs up from me. Needed an hour burn to settle the drivers but it’s sounding awesome now.

Deep and spacious like the Masya with a lovely balance to its sound.

Medium fullness and sweet vocals.

Not as natural as the shozy bk but equal resolution and the treble is more smooth but equally as articulate.

It’s a da mn addictive sound for everything. Where the Bk failed with my radiohead albums this succeeds, where the masya failed me with full vocals this also just about succeeds.

I regard it equal to the BK but a better all round choice for most genres. You only sacrifice a tiny bit of natural sound because the stardust is the best i’ve heard in the midrange and vocals and this comes close with a smoother presentation which I enjoy on tracks that need the help.

It’s better than the Rose Masya for most genres also I feel. This bud is a definite all rounder.

Guys I give my approval, just be careful with DHL shipping I had to pay €38 fee’s on a €52 earbud.... it’s a joke.

I knew I sensed a TOTL earbud when i first saw it. Mine should be arriving today, cant wait to get it hooked up and get it burning in a little bit before I give it a good listen. If i really like it think Penon will let me order a second for $60 you know for a backup. Oh how is the bass on it?

Dec 21, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #26,318 of 75,272
how's the size compared to regular mx500 shells? i want to "poison" my wife to like earbuds, but haven't had success yet (she prefers iems because mx shells hurts her ears).

You probably missed the part quoted below ...blinded by the red MEMT... lol They are still in my ears after about 3 hours.... no discomfort and they are not shifting around so the sound is staying stable and sounding great. Still have not listened to my normal "test tracks" yet..... just letting the little Ruizu A50 play folder after folder ... Will plug it into the Cayin N3 later. My ears do get a little itchy from foams touching them... that always happens. IEMs are the same though... the inner ear itches from the tips after awhile. Headphones get heavy or hot sometimes...or clamp too much. We just need a little microchip in our brain that we can transmit the music to...

They fit very comfortably in my ears so smaller than Monk shells.

I can use my earbuds that have Monk shells. At first I could not. Still they are bigger than I would like. I wonder what the Monk Lite will be like. I am happy with my little collection now. I do not need any more.

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #26,319 of 75,272
You probably missed the part quoted below ...blinded by the red MEMT... lol

you're right, i completely missed the "smaller than monk" post part :joy:

I can use my earbuds that have Monk shells. At first I could not. Still they are bigger than I would like. I wonder what the Monk Lite will be like. I am happy with my little collection now. I do not need any more.

i also went to the same process, having the mx500 shells hurting from just 15 to 20 minutes of use, to be able to use the Svara L in my ears for hours. foams do itch, especially the thin monk foams. i like the Hiegis and the black thin monk-ish foam because they have a smoother and more rubbery feel to them

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #26,321 of 75,272
My ears do get a little itchy from foams touching them... that always happens. IEMs are the same though... the inner ear itches from the tips after awhile. Headphones get heavy or hot sometimes...or clamp too much. We just need a little microchip in our brain that we can transmit the music to...

And if that microchip fails, we can always fall back to the ultra-comfortable Nighthawks! :)

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #26,322 of 75,272
You have been waiting on these for a while. Where did you get them?

Aliexpress AK Store ...they have all five colors

Earlier today when I was looking for some reviews I found it on Amazon UK but not in the red... only silver and black...and under a different name when you do the Amazon search. And yet the photos are all the same...Weird. And you are in the UK so you could have it Saturday if you are prime :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Attraction...e=UTF8&qid=1513873842&sr=8-1&keywords=memt+x6

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #26,323 of 75,272
And if that microchip fails, we can always fall back to the ultra-comfortable Nighthawks! :)

Can't beat the NighHawk for comfort or if you prefer closed, my Sennheiser HD630vb are also very comfy. But we should not stray off topic....

I will have to rank my earbuds(someday) according to comfort. Sometimes it is not just the size of the shell but also how well they stay in place. I find longer stems (like on my Edifier H190) help me to fit them. If there is little or no stem,I find them very fiddly to get in place. Fingers not as nimble as they once were. You should see how long it takes me to get a foam on. Although today I did better than I thought I would. The foams stretched well without tearing.

Usually I ask my husband to put the foams on for me but unfortunately he has to work now and again.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #26,324 of 75,272
Aliexpress AK Store ...they have all five colors

Earlier today when I was looking for some reviews I found it on Amazon UK but not in the red... only silver and black...and under a different name when you do the Amazon search. And yet the photos are all the same...Weird. And you are in the UK so you could have it Saturday if you are prime :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Attraction...e=UTF8&qid=1513873842&sr=8-1&keywords=memt+x6

lol - I was accidentally a prime member after hurrying to order something and clicking on the wrong link. I have since cancelled that, since I rarely order anything from Amazon and don't need to pay them £80 a year for their tv stuff. I should have waited another week! I have to say, I'm tempted by the red ones.

I was listening to Songhoy Blues - Resistance, this morning using my Kineras for the first time since burning them in. Not critical listening, as I was in the office and needed to keep an ear on the phone, but they sound great. I think it would be worth them making another batch.

Dec 21, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #26,325 of 75,272
You have been waiting on these for a while.

I have checked and found out that my Memt x6 took 5 weeks to get to the UK from China. Ordered on Nov. 16th and shipped Dec. 8th arriving today the 21st. I think they did not have them in stock when mine were ordered otherwise why would it take 3 weeks just to post them? The price has gone down. Mine were £17.99 and now they have dropped to $16.99 which would be £12.70. Maybe it is best to not jump on things immediately...but I liked the red:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back