Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 13, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #26,071 of 75,270
The K's K600 is my favourite earbud whilst sitting at my desk. It is akin to having a regular headphone on but it does like a bit of juice so it has to be amped. The EBX is easy to drive and much better built it is solid with changeable cable.

How much juice? I wonder if, for example, the Fiio E12 or Cayin C5 would do them justice.

Edit: The C5 puts out 800mW + 800mW (32 ohm load), and the E12 puts out >880 mW @ 32 ohms, so I'm pretty sure those should be able to handle the K600's.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #26,072 of 75,270
Thank you my friend. That's why I needed to know. Somehow my new version Graphens have opened up in sound and this clip below you can try and tell me. It somehow sound better on the new graphene than the emx500. Can't explain why

Face it - you're becoming a "grapheny head" lol

Dec 13, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #26,074 of 75,270
Thank you my friend. That's why I needed to know. Somehow my new version Graphens have opened up in sound and this clip below you can try and tell me. It somehow sound better on the new graphene than the emx500. Can't explain why

I only have the old (original) graphenes but listening to this track with those and the EMX500 I find the difference is the vocal is more clear and spacious on the graphene, the EMX500 drowns it under the backing music. I then listened with the Seahf AWK-F32T and that sounded much more balanced of all

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #26,075 of 75,270
I only have the old (original) graphenes but listening to this track with those and the EMX500 I find the difference is the vocal is more clear and spacious on the graphene, the EMX500 drowns it under the backing music. I then listened with the Seahf AWK-F32T and that sounded much more balanced of all
well on the new graphenes it sounds better in terms of the soundstage depth articulation but in all other aspects the emx 500 is better.

what about this? try this:

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #26,076 of 75,270
I am a fan of the Seahf AWK-F32T too. We may have similar tastes, since I see we are in agreement on a lot buds! :) The Seahf is very balanced and smooth sounding. A great budget bud.

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #26,077 of 75,270
How much juice? I wonder if, for example, the Fiio E12 or Cayin C5 would do them justice.

Edit: The C5 puts out 800mW + 800mW (32 ohm load), and the E12 puts out >880 mW @ 32 ohms, so I'm pretty sure those should be able to handle the K600's.
I have only used them with my Fostex HPA4BL. I will try them with a couple of daps, too busy listening right now to my new DSQM Z&W Panda PK2s that I received today

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #26,078 of 75,270
I am a fan of the Seahf AWK-F32T too. We may have similar tastes, since I see we are in agreement on a lot buds! :) The Seahf is very balanced and smooth sounding. A great budget bud.
I have a few Seahf earbuds I really like their sound

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #26,079 of 75,270
I found some junk earbuds that I think came with a cheap (dumb) mobile phone. No good for listening to music, but I thought it might be an indicator of what to look for in terms of fit. Somewhat predictably for me, the fit is hopeless because my ears stick out a bit. These things just slide sideways into the ear canal and end up sounding weirdly muffled and like they're echoing from a distance. Absolutely no way to make them stay on my ear with a proper orientation

Diameter is very close to 17 mm and there are no foams with them. The question is, are these so typical of earbud size that I should just give the idea entirely, or should I look for something significantly larger or smaller? I've used IEMs for years, so the last time I had earbuds was when I was probably 12-14 years old, but I don't remember fit problems, perhaps because of foams and maybe relatively smaller ears back then?

Anyone think they have enough knowledge and experience of earbud fit to hazard a guess on what I should look for to get something right for my ears?

v_cheap_earbud.jpg v_cheap_earbud_diameter.jpg earbud_sideways_3.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #26,080 of 75,270
Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #26,082 of 75,270
@Orac : I will re-post from Earbuds Anonymous Facebook Group agian here.

Please see this ear anatomy.. You have to put earbud inside 1-2-3. If you can do just 1, it means you never put that earbuds in properly. Please choose other smaller earbuds. If you can do 1-2, you could still use it but you might not hear a same sound that producer intents to. If you can put it inside 1-2-3, It means you get perfect fitting. Diameter of typical MX500 shell is 16.8 mm., PK or Shozy shell is 16.1-16.3 mm., Rose Mojito or Masya is around 15.5 mm. For much more shell type, please look up to the credit link. Hope this helps.

earbud_anatomy_02.jpg

Credit to Doctor Komkrit : Link

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #26,084 of 75,270
Something to share

http://fukuoka-prize.org/en/laureate/prize/gra/arrahman.php

By his world-famous music, Mr. A. R. Rahman has opened up a new arena for film music, and has become a driving-force of this field to gain it a new recognition. His bold fusion of traditional South Asian, classical Western and popular contemporary American hip-hop and other music has created a number of unforgettable tunes with pleasing melodies and a powerful beat. They have become synonymous with the films for which he wrote them, and resonate in many hearts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back