Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 3, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #25,576 of 75,341
Hi guys, so I just received my CampFred 2, and I really think they sound incredible!

I first tried them with full foams, and I thought they sounded a bit warm. After I put donut foams, I thought they sounded a bit more clear. I think that they sound great right now, but I do wish they had a bit more clarity. Could you recommend any foams that will make them sound a bit more clear?

I tried them without foams, and they sounded way too bright. I guess what I'm looking for is a midpoint between half foams and no foams :)
Monk thin foams.

And if that’s still not clean/clear enough, try monk thins foams cut into a donut foam.

Dec 3, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #25,579 of 75,341
Dec 3, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #25,581 of 75,341
IMHO EB200 better than EMX500, more realistic sound, less V shaped. EB200 has less bass but more natural and well defined with better texture. EB200 has mids with better clarity and bright, clean presentation. Low treble with more presence in EMX500. EMX500 has a wide, deep and open sound, maybe irrealistic but spectacular. EB200 more controlled and realistic soundstage and image.
EMX500 has wow effect, EB200 has more pleasant listening.

How good you express yourself, friend. I wanted to explain the same thing the other day but there was no way, someone thought I was deaf. Hahaha

Dec 3, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #25,583 of 75,341
Last time I checked my eb200 they had too thin mids for my taste. But I have to admit they sounded good with quality studio recordings.

And I forgot one important thing about 10/22k graphenes... Bass quantity is comparable to Vido only hits harder. Have to go.

Dec 3, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #25,585 of 75,341
Just a quick heads up guys and girls that I have up for sale (in the for sale forum )my Shozy Cygnus Limited Edition earbuds....
Limited edition? So it’s not the regular Shozy Cygnus? Cannot be for that price lol

Dec 3, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #25,586 of 75,341
Just wanted to state that having a beard and using emx500 with their cable is absoulte nightmare of microphonics, not even considering a slighthest movement produces terrible cracking noises due to cable rattling a bit inside shells.
Such a shame considering they truly are great buds, do you guys know any emx500s with a regular plain old sturdy cable? (red Yincrow x6 comes to mind, they have really good cable)

Dec 3, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #25,588 of 75,341
Just wanted to state that having a beard and using emx500 with their cable is absoulte nightmare of microphonics, not even considering a slighthest movement produces terrible cracking noises due to cable rattling a bit inside shells.
Such a shame considering they truly are great buds, do you guys know any emx500s with a regular plain old sturdy cable? (red Yincrow x6 comes to mind, they have really good cable)

Can confirm lol

The cable is pretty rubbish either way, I’ve called it nasty on more than one occasion.

Dec 3, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #25,589 of 75,341
They are only available in China ...but there sound is on a par with the BK model but with added fun . ClieOS posted some impression here a while back

Ignore all this underlined text, I was wrong there is two versions!

Hate to break it to you but most of the earbuds we buy here are only available in china hence we use aliexpress to obtain them.

The Cygnus goes for £66 new. I got mine second hand for much less, but that’s besides the point.

As an owner of both I do love both, but only at their respective price points of £66 and £123 for the Cygnus and BK approximately. I think you’re vastly overestimating the value.

But hey, as long as people know what they are paying for, the one and only shozy cygnus it’s all good.

Good luck with sale
!

EDIT: It appears you are suggesting these are not the normal cygnus, sorry if this is true as I’ve never heard of a second versiom.

Maybe the price is justified for that version and it’s pretty interesting to know if this is indeed a more high end cygnus.

I’ll have to google this earbud now!.. Well google didn’t show anything but you are right as Clioes does mention a cygnus LE version... that’s very cool, sorry to question it lol!

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #25,590 of 75,341
That's ok @seanc6441 if you do a search on facebook you will see some more info on them.

But basically the main difference is the cable which is now solid silver which takes the sound away from being all about the mids from the standard model to a more open sound like the bk but less neutral and more energetic whilst still retaining the reference like sound of the bk.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back