Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 2, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #25,561 of 75,330
Dec 2, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #25,562 of 75,330
Dec 2, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #25,563 of 75,330
Been listening more to the new graphenes. The sound is so liquid, sweet and relatively smooth. Signature kind of broad u shape. Where emx500 has big bass and the mids start thinner and raise high to upper mids the mx760 has more linear transition from bass to mids so lower mids are more intimate and emotional but have slight nasality especially female voices. Overall beautiful sound. I especially like how they present all instruments that have metal parts in them. All those shimmers and crashes, also sounds of breaking glass, strings of guitars and pianos. In some way reminds me of hifiman re0. Can't wait to listen to DSOTM on these , want to give more break in. I think 10 years ago they could sell for three hundred easily. Maybe this is a new toy thing , I don't know. Also, I'm no expert on sound so take salt.

i remember that earphones used to sound good in the 1990s. i agree with u the new graphenes resemble some of the 1990s old Sony earphones that came with discmans but with a broader soundstage and heavier sound
the new graphenes i will describe them as full glass oriented heavy sound ( the type when u hear glass breaking, it has a tremedous impact with depth), or bubbly effect but raw.. the only problem they arent very detailed on nuances or articulation but come off as whole sound

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #25,564 of 75,330
About Yincrow RW-777, bass it more about quality than quantity. It is not bass light but can appear so compared to something like Svara (I suppose, from reading about how Svara sounds like). Treble is very clean sounding and appears to be extended without becoming bright like Rose earbuds can be like. There is something almost "vintage" about the sound. It reminds me of old TOTL Sony and Aiwa earbuds with a sort of "dry" sound.

Mighty nice sounding description! "vintage"="very good sounding" to me (at least as far as headphones are concerned).

Just to be sure, are these the ones?

Not an exorbitant price either :)

Dec 2, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #25,565 of 75,330
I just realized i dont own any wireless earbuds, so i decided to (try to) make one while im looking for a new bud :)

So, any suggestions on mmcx buds, warm sound, good soundstage and good detailed low end is what i ask for, nice vocals (mids) are also a plus.
Also, and this is more important, anyone has any experience with bluetooth mmcx cables (dongles?), and which one would you suggest to pair with mmcx buds.

I'm looking to spend around 150eur for both buds and cable.

Thanks guys!

I'm using the Svara L (page soundstage and iem like bass) with the nicehck bluetooth for daily use, and it is in fact my most used earbuds because of the convenience. you could exchange the svara with other mmcx earbuds that you prefer. I won't use it for sport though, I don't think it could stand up to be soaked in sweat... better to buy a dedicated sport Bluetooth ones for that

I've read some opinions about Liebesleid stating that it is not too far from Shozy BK when it comes to sound signature. Then I figure I can settle with Shozy BK for that sort of sound signature.

the Liebesleid is different from Shozy BK to my ears.. it is closer to the Mojito, but with warmer and less piercing highs. the soundstage is also larger and instruments placements is better to my ears than the BK (BK is more closer/intimate) . BK has bigger and punchier bass, more attack on treble, while the Liebesleid has leaner bass and more resolving treble)

I could do with less earbuds, but it's difficult for me to get below 15 and impossible to get below 10!

my target is 5... or 10 if pushing it... although I'm currently at more than 15 earbuds and close to 30 if counting the IEMs and headphones.. failing badly at my goal

About Yincrow RW-777, bass it more about quality than quantity. It is not bass light but can appear so compared to something like Svara (I suppose, from reading about how Svara sounds like). Treble is very clean sounding and appears to be extended without becoming bright like Rose earbuds can be like. There is something almost "vintage" about the sound. It reminds me of old TOTL Sony and Aiwa earbuds with a sort of "dry" sound.

thanks for the description. i might check them out in the near future
edit: a fellow of mine said the yincrow is close sounding to the hifiman with more bass and warmer signature.. is it about right?

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #25,569 of 75,330
the niceHCk EB200, anyone can compare it to the graphenes or EMX500?

IMHO EB200 better than EMX500, more realistic sound, less V shaped. EB200 has less bass but more natural and well defined with better texture. EB200 has mids with better clarity and bright, clean presentation. Low treble with more presence in EMX500. EMX500 has a wide, deep and open sound, maybe irrealistic but spectacular. EB200 more controlled and realistic soundstage and image.
EMX500 has wow effect, EB200 has more pleasant listening.

Dec 3, 2017 at 5:20 AM Post #25,571 of 75,330
Dec 3, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #25,572 of 75,330
Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #25,575 of 75,330
Hi guys, so I just received my CampFred 2, and I really think they sound incredible!

I first tried them with full foams, and I thought they sounded a bit warm. After I put donut foams, I thought they sounded a bit more clear. I think that they sound great right now, but I do wish they had a bit more clarity. Could you recommend any foams that will make them sound a bit more clear?

I tried them without foams, and they sounded way too bright. I guess what I'm looking for is a midpoint between half foams and no foams :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back