Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 2, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #25,546 of 75,330
I have tried the stock donut foam before but it was quite sometimes ago. So, basing on that memory alone, it fares a bit better than full stock foam. Love the mid bass impact with the untainted treble but it hurts the imaging quite a bit. I will try again later with donut foam. Btw, this is solely basing on my setup. It might work differently to other persons. IMHO
Double monk thin donut is pretty much my combo on every earbud except the cygnus which actually sounds tonally better with monk thin normal foam.

Everything else benefits from donut monks with a second layer on the front but not on the back so it remains a good fit.

Dec 2, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #25,548 of 75,330
I do have the silicone rings on a lot of my earbuds under the foams to help with fit
I can’t use those the make the fit too large, mx500 shell size is large enough already.

PK2 shell is just perfect for moi. Maybe I have ears on the smaller size, not sure.

Dec 2, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #25,549 of 75,330
Been listening more to the new graphenes. The sound is so liquid, sweet and relatively smooth. Signature kind of broad u shape. Where emx500 has big bass and the mids start thinner and raise high to upper mids the mx760 has more linear transition from bass to mids so lower mids are more intimate and emotional but have slight nasality especially female voices. Overall beautiful sound. I especially like how they present all instruments that have metal parts in them. All those shimmers and crashes, also sounds of breaking glass, strings of guitars and pianos. In some way reminds me of hifiman re0. Can't wait to listen to DSOTM on these , want to give more break in. I think 10 years ago they could sell for three hundred easily. Maybe this is a new toy thing , I don't know. Also, I'm no expert on sound so take salt.

Dec 2, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #25,550 of 75,330
I pretty much only use combinations of monk foams (monk thin or new monk semi thin) because the detail is just that much better.

So yeah I do experience it too :)
Wa wa wait what, what is monk semi thin?

Dec 2, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #25,552 of 75,330
well i did play sound audiophile grade music ( youtube) and yes they sounded better than others on the new graphenes, so yr observation may be valid...well my verdict is still not yet out on them.. earlier i noted that they do sound different from the first day most of the hollowness is gone .. they might be burning in as we speak... I can only fully conclude after 50 hours
"audiophile grade music on YouTube" is an oxymoron. That recording is playing far from its full resolution, even for YouTube (it was uploaded at only 480p).

Dec 2, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #25,553 of 75,330
Been listening more to the new graphenes. The sound is so liquid, sweet and relatively smooth. Signature kind of broad u shape. Where emx500 has big bass and the mids start thinner and raise high to upper mids the mx760 has more linear transition from bass to mids so lower mids are more intimate and emotional but have slight nasality especially female voices. Overall beautiful sound. I especially like how they present all instruments that have metal parts in them. All those shimmers and crashes, also sounds of breaking glass, strings of guitars and pianos. In some way reminds me of hifiman re0. Can't wait to listen to DSOTM on these , want to give more break in. I think 10 years ago they could sell for three hundred easily. Maybe this is a new toy thing , I don't know. Also, I'm no expert on sound so take salt.

If it's a "new toy thing", then I'm still afflicted 3 months later! :)

Dec 2, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #25,554 of 75,330
"audiophile grade music on YouTube" is an oxymoron. That recording is playing far from its full resolution, even for YouTube (it was uploaded at only 480p).
Not to mention youtube’s compression even at 1080p or higher. Although I think how the file is uploaded is a determining factor.

Something like spotify is more assuring in that sense, you get well converted/compressed 320kbps so there’s almost no loss from CD quality. Infact some will say there’s no human discernable difference at all to losseses and a well done 320 mp3 file.

With youtube it varies too much from video to video.

Dec 2, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #25,556 of 75,330
I just realized i dont own any wireless earbuds, so i decided to (try to) make one while im looking for a new bud :)

So, any suggestions on mmcx buds, warm sound, good soundstage and good detailed low end is what i ask for, nice vocals (mids) are also a plus.
Also, and this is more important, anyone has any experience with bluetooth mmcx cables (dongles?), and which one would you suggest to pair with mmcx buds.

I'm looking to spend around 150eur for both buds and cable.

Thanks guys!

Dec 2, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #25,557 of 75,330
good for you. for me, after the Liebesleid, i'm quite satisfied and loose a lot of steam for purchasing or trying a new one, well, at least for now. although i still enjoy reading this thread to see if there's a new earbuds that interest me again.
Nowadays i settled for this set:
-Svara L with bluetooth cable as my daily driver when i need to move around a lot
-Willsound MK2 for daily wired backup if the Svara's out of battery
-Liebesleid when i can sit/lay down and really enjoy listening to music

i might slim down my rarely used buds in the future, because I'm not really a collector.. although the Red Demun will likely stay with me forever.. it just have that special thing, i don't use it quite often, but i can't seem to find a reason to let it go.

now this earbud isn't talk a lot..does the bass extend deep or rolled off? does the treble grainy sounding?

I've read some opinions about Liebesleid stating that it is not too far from Shozy BK when it comes to sound signature. Then I figure I can settle with Shozy BK for that sort of sound signature.

I could do with less earbuds, but it's difficult for me to get below 15 and impossible to get below 10!

About Yincrow RW-777, bass it more about quality than quantity. It is not bass light but can appear so compared to something like Svara (I suppose, from reading about how Svara sounds like). Treble is very clean sounding and appears to be extended without becoming bright like Rose earbuds can be like. There is something almost "vintage" about the sound. It reminds me of old TOTL Sony and Aiwa earbuds with a sort of "dry" sound.

Dec 2, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #25,558 of 75,330
Hey Guys!! What would be something that has the same sound signature as Monk Plus with more sub-bass but of the iem shape? I adore the Monk Plus sound. But looking for something smaller in size and preferably in iem shape. Thanks!!

Dec 2, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #25,559 of 75,330
Hey Guys!! What would be something that has the same sound signature as Monk Plus with more sub-bass but of the iem shape? I adore the Monk Plus sound. But looking for something smaller in size and preferably in iem shape. Thanks!!
I have no idea if VE use the same signature in IEM’s as earbuds but you should consider the VE biggie and small IEM’s. They are brand new IEM releases from Venture Electronics and if you can order them from VEClan (you need to message the guy who created VE, Lee!) but you need to have made a previous order from him to get first service because they are in high demand and he wants to get a good repoire with his buyers on a friend to friends basis so he asks for a message to and from himself and the buyer.

Basically if you can get them the price is $40 each (biggie is high impendance, small is for mobile source) you can get a deal of $60 for both.

244B0E13-DDCC-42F4-A5B2-67D37B4242BD.jpeg

So far the opinion seems to be the small actually is preferred and you need quite a powerful source for the biggie.

Get the small if you wanna try out a new VE IEM.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #25,560 of 75,330
QKZ DM7, cheap and plenty of bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back