Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 27, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #25,276 of 75,449
@jogawag hows the sq compared to the Masya, like is it worth considering as an alternative or is it slightly below?
What is "the sq"?
if it means "the sound quality of aurvana air", I think that it worth considering as an alternative(perfect sound separation, wider sound stage...).

If you use it, I recommend you to remove the ear hook, and to use Macgizmo earpad.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #25,277 of 75,449
what source are you using with your Kinera? just got mine today and I find vocals to be hollow, tinny and a bit sibilant. I'm using an LG G6 with quad dac on high impedance mode on as a source. The buds respond reasonably well to EQ (a bit of mid bass boost, with aggressive mid to treble dampening), but not sure if this is what everyone else is experiencing.

These buds are only 12 ohm, so they should't be driven in high impedance mode. Im pretty sure any output impedance for that matter, will change a 12 ohms buds sound for the worst.

Most of the other reviews havent mentioned the sound characteristics youre describing, so try changing your source. I wouldn't even drive these out of a shanling m2.

Nov 27, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #25,278 of 75,449
What is "the sq"?
if it means "the sound quality of aurvana air", I think that it worth considering as an alternative(perfect sound separation, wider sound stage...).

If you use it, I recommend you to remove the ear hook, and to use Macgizmo earpad.
sorry yes I meant sound quality. If the Masy doesn’t work out for me I may try this earbud.

Nov 27, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #25,280 of 75,449
You already have Masya, and Masya works well for you doesn't it?
Hmmm, is aurvana air for a change of pace?
More because the the synergy between iphone 6s and Masya isn't great. Maybe the new dac will help but if it doesn't I may be looking for another earbud with open and airy soundstage to complete my collection as the BK's don't offer the qualities of a very open or large soundstage.

The Masya is everything I wanted it to be except for the vocals on my source. Infact I wouldn't even call the Masya very airy but it has enough air and a big soundstage to get the job done on albums that require it and retains that forward sound signature that I like. For instance I find it challanging to listen to Radohead's 'A Moon shaped Pool' on my Shozy BK because the soundstage isn't large enough to really create that atmospheric effect the album needs. Masya sounds better on it but the vocals are just not good on my iphone and ruin the experience.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #25,281 of 75,449
More because the the synergy between iphone 6s and Masya isn't great. Maybe the new dac will help but if it doesn't I may be looking for another earbud with open and airy soundstage to complete my collection as the BK's don't offer the qualities of a very open or large soundstage.

The Masya is everything I wanted it to be except for the vocals on my source. Infact I wouldn't even call the Masya very airy but it has enough air and a big soundstage to get the job done on albums that require it and retains that forward sound signature that I like. For instance I find it challanging to listen to Radohead's 'A Moon shaped Pool' on my Shozy BK because the soundstage isn't large enough to really create that atmospheric effect the album needs. Masya sounds better on it but the vocals are just not good on my iphone and ruin the experience.

I listened to Radiohead's 'A Moon shaped Pool' on amazon.
Aurvana Air work well for wider sound stage and sound seperation. However, I do not know the correct answer for the sound of this special vocal...

Nov 27, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #25,282 of 75,449
I listened to Radiohead's 'A Moon shaped Pool' on amazon.
Aurvana Air work well for wider sound stage and sound seperation. However, I do not know the correct answer for the sound of this special vocal...

Yes Thom Yorkes voice is definitely 'special vocals' lol.

The track 'daydreaming' is probably one of my favourite of all time, but it only sounds magical on the right earbud. Very layered music with lots of detail in the background.

This album in particular requires much air and separation or it will sound mushy. Masya can handle it well on my laptop it sounds good but I'm looking for this vocal tone with higher detail and more crisp sound from a better DAC.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #25,283 of 75,449
what source are you using with your Kinera? just got mine today and I find vocals to be hollow, tinny and a bit sibilant. I'm using an LG G6 with quad dac on high impedance mode on as a source. The buds respond reasonably well to EQ (a bit of mid bass boost, with aggressive mid to treble dampening), but not sure if this is what everyone else is experiencing.

Just a fiio q1 off pc, also used it through my crappy P9 phone too, didn't notice much difference, they're definitely not as thick and full as the BK, I'm guessing that contributes to the slightly better soundstage too. I personally prefer that little bit of sparkle, didn't find it too harsh.

It was the most neutral out of the 3 I received and had a quick listen on the day.
It also probably helped that I had lowered expectations after the 1 average review that was posted few days ago.

I’ll have my new dac by the end of the day so I can check then:)

I bought from aliexpress seller YaonTiger. Not sure if I have any cover at all from Rose tech. How do I even inquire if needed? They don’t have a website...

I heard it was hard to deal with Rose, that was why I opt for penon, probably still have a shot but they'll make it difficult for you...

Nov 27, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #25,284 of 75,449
@euge The hard part is actually contacting them in the fist place... No website, no email as far as I can see, nothing.

I don't think my Masya is faulty just yet though, still convinced/hoping it is just my source.

My new hifime dac was delivered earlier but I was out so they will deliver it again tomorrow or I will pick it up at a local depot.

Nov 27, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #25,285 of 75,449
Just a fiio q1 off pc, also used it through my crappy P9 phone too, didn't notice much difference, they're definitely not as thick and full as the BK, I'm guessing that contributes to the slightly better soundstage too. I personally prefer that little bit of sparkle, didn't find it too harsh.

It was the most neutral out of the 3 I received and had a quick listen on the day.
It also probably helped that I had lowered expectations after the 1 average review that was posted few days ago.

Dunno if it really makes any difference, but someone (Steve?) said that we should burn them in for at least 30 hours and not use them out of a phone. You have already noted that there wasn't much difference between the Q1 and the phone. I'll get mine eventually :)

Nov 27, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #25,287 of 75,449
@seanc6441 yeah hopefully that'll help, ppl on the rose tech thread could probably help you get in contact if needed

@j4100 I read that too, sounded really defensive lol I didn't notice much diff but I'm pretty casual, sounds great to me.

Maybe it'll sound smoother later on, do hope you enjoy yours and not be disappointed like the other guy!

Nov 27, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #25,288 of 75,449
Fengru HYCK100 from cklewis looks gorgeous. May be i am wrong but didn't find any.reference about it. Hope they sound good ...

https://fr.aliexpress.com/store/pro...43.html?spm=a2g0w.12010615.0.0.77de0c52bLFplf

That looks soooo nice. Now that I think about it, it is confusing why people are not talking more about Fengru products, there are quite a few on Aliexpress yet I only saw a few mentioned here.

The way male MMCX connector is in phase with the body of the earbud is the best part, more earbuds/iems should have a coherent design which includes this kind of integration. Sometimes it hurts so much seeing an expensive beautiful earphone with plastic and out of place cable connector.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #25,289 of 75,449
@euge We literally tell the person to get a hold of where the Rose Tech earphone was bought in order to get a hold of the crafters. It's part of the reason many of us strongly suggest buying through Penon Audio as they don't mind acting as a middleman to get repairs.

Nov 27, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #25,290 of 75,449

Users who are viewing this thread

Back