Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 28, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #25,306 of 75,634
Oh boy... I’m having doubts about how I connected the 2 pin cables to my masya on day one... does it matter which way the LR signs are facing?? naturally i faced them in the same direction as the LR markings on the earbud itself... what if it was supposed to be the other side out? my god, is this my problem all along??

I could test it but im paranoid the jacks may not even be matched and ill have one good one bad. I’m hoping it’s irrelevant which side faces out but i read on an iem thread it matters? is this the case for dynamic drivers??

On the Rose Masyas I have my cables with the letters on the cable in line with the ones on the buds and these earbuds sound great to me. I am plugging them in to a Fostex HPA4BL desktop amp though.

I think both of you have the correct pin orientation, I received my Masya today and it came with the card shown below.

masya.jpg

Nov 28, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #25,307 of 75,634
treble mids? soundstage??

The soundstage is above average, more width than depth, mids and treble are pretty evenly matched, mid isn't as clean or clear as the Kinera, its the bass that's boosted I feel.

It has a fun warmish sound, with the thick bass and soundstage going.

Oh yea the cable has a nice matte finish to it, but its a little stiff

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #25,308 of 75,634
The soundstage is above average, more width than depth, mids and treble are pretty evenly matched, mid isn't as clean or clear as the Kinera, its the bass that's boosted I feel.

how will u compare it to other earbuds such as the original graphene , emx 500 ?

Nov 28, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #25,309 of 75,634

let me know hows yr foam experimentation going.

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #25,311 of 75,634
Just bought a Dunu 2000j. Empty wallet
Makes two of us :D

Shozy BK + Hifime Sabre DAC 9018

I think both of you have the correct pin orientation, I received my Masya today and it came with the card shown below.

If they included that in yours but not ours they must have received a few complaints about the poor labeling on the earbud itself.

They should have two dots to line up depending on side/polarity... couldn’t be so difficult

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #25,312 of 75,634
Kinera Buds Mini-Review (Bare shells)

Disclaimer : Please take it with a grain of salt.

Over 30 hours burn-in passed.
Source : DX200 + AMP1, High Gain, Fast Roll-off, Volume 77/150
Tonality: neutral tend to a tad bright
Vocal : Medium-sized imaging neither big nor lean, somewhat sexy-liked female vocal but it's not reach dry sound for my ears. the position is a bit forward
Treble : Decent detail resolving though it is still far from TOTL detail monster e.g. Rose Mojito. No harsh treble detect.
Bass : It's lack of bass texture. sub-bass exists but doesn't dive deep. Anyhow I heard bass go down a bit deeper than very first hours of burn-in.

Conclusion : I prefer this Kinera buds over Shozy BK. While vocal tone of Shozy BK tend to warmer side, I find myself prefer vocal tone from Kinera Buds. Since Kinera Buds is limited quantity. Sadly I couldn't get more. Hope all other owners are unsatisfied with it so that I might possibly to get another one in 2nd hand market.

Cheers,
Chaiyut A.

If you prefer it over the shozy bk due to tonality I’d like to ask which foams you are using on your bk? I find the thick donuts make itvery warm bassy and too much in your face, it lacks any airy sound.

Nov 28, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #25,313 of 75,634
@seanc6441 : It comes with stock full foams. By the way, I tried Shozy BK at an audio store. It's not mine.

Nov 28, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #25,314 of 75,634
@seanc6441 : It comes with stock full foams. By the way, I tried Shozy BK at an audio store. It's not mine.
ah ok. Yeah I didn’t like it with full or heigi donuts so much.

Nov 28, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #25,316 of 75,634
i want to try an earbud do you guys any recomdend an analytical earbud? my budget limit is $70(perhaps more if worthy not over $100) im currently using an IEM ( ATH IM02) and i wanna try good earbud with analytical sounds..need advice thank you

Late reply and perhaps you already bought one of the recommended earbuds, but for a clean neutral sound that leans towards analytical I would recommend Yincrow RW-777. You can find them for around $45-50 on Aliexpress. I haven't heard Creative Aurvana air but used to own Audio Technica CM7 & CM700TI and Yincrow RW-777 is a bit similar in sound signature with a deep and spacious soundstage, good instrument separation and layering and not too bass heavy (even for earbuds). Still bass is okay. There is also no trace of sibilance or harshness in the treble in RW-777.

Nov 28, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #25,317 of 75,634
@seanc6441 @KookaBurrra : Thanks for your inputs. If I have a chance, I will go to try Shozy BK again in form of bare shells. During this time, earbuds market looks a silent air. Somehow I think at the end of this year until the first quarter of next year. We might see a big lot of earbuds tsunami.

Nov 28, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #25,318 of 75,634
@seanc6441 @KookaBurrra : Thanks for your inputs. If I have a chance, I will go to try Shozy BK again in form of bare shells. During this time, earbuds market looks a silent air. Somehow I think at the end of this year until the first quarter of next year. We might see a big lot of earbuds tsunami.
I just know from my experience with the BK is that the foams massively change the tonality and balance.

I didn’t like it with thick foams (too warm and dark) and with no foams it’s abit harsh and treble heavy.

I’m using 1 monk thin and 1 layer of monk thin inside to thicken up the front for seal and to smooth the treble. Both are cut into donut one slightly smaller than the other .

So the centre vents are completely open leaving the bass clean and tight. The mid vents are covered by 1 monk and the outer by 2, leave the mids smooth and detailed enough, the highs get tamed nicely. No longer does it sound harsh and the tonality is the most natural of any earbud I have used. Everything sounds true to tone.

The reason I didn’t just apply 1 thin foam over another is because I find the shell gets abit thick and doesn’t fit the ear as well then.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #25,319 of 75,634
that's why I'm trying to set a quota of not more than 10 earbuds PER MONTH (which i currently have broken). i really need to put away some buds before purchasing new ones

There, fixed that for you, and presto - problem solved! :)

Nov 28, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #25,320 of 75,634
I will not buy any more earbuds, I will not try to buy any more earbuds, oh dang those earbuds look cool........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back