Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 1, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #23,386 of 75,540
BtXNZ
I just ordered the
K's Earphone K300 300ohm earphone.
Now i have question.
https://imgur.com/a/BtXNZ
1.What is that thing i marked on the picture?
2.I see there is a 2kind of foam 1 was cutout in both side & other one is just regular.Why 2types?

That is a silicone ring, you can fit that under a foam to make the fit more secure or just use earbud bare

Oct 1, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #23,387 of 75,540
My totally ungrounded guess would be that, Astrotec aim for the niche market in which buyers buy an earphone in accordance with pricing, regardless of SQ, a philosophy Dr. Fang, boss of HiFiman, blatantly confessed in Baidu tieba.

Oh no, don't get me wrong - I have no problem with a company trying to build it up as a luxury brand and sells overpriced products. However, I'll assume any of such brand will make sure its products can be qualitatively competitive in the market. Hifiman might have some really expensive headphone to sell, but last I checked, those are also some of the best sounding headphone in the world. I will have problem if Shangri-La sounds like a pair of Beats by Dre, but not if it can go up against the new Orpheus or a well setup SR-009 - and that's really what I was wondering here: are these new Astrotec really the ToTL sounding earbuds that they should be? As that certainly ain't the case last two times around.

Oct 1, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #23,388 of 75,540
Very good combo lgv20->tube amp vali2 -high grain->vido.
Instrument separation.Soundstage Depth Bass slam. Every characteristics is better performed. I am very surprised how well earbuds pair with tube amp. I have to reconsider each last cheap earbuds with this configuration. Vido. Mx500 pk1 ...

Oct 1, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #23,389 of 75,540
Oh no, don't get me wrong - I have no problem with a company trying to build it up as a luxury brand and sells overpriced products. However, I'll assume any of such brand will make sure its products can be qualitatively competitive in the market. Hifiman might have some really expensive headphone to sell, but last I checked, those are also some of the best sounding headphone in the world. I will have problem if Shangri-La sounds like a pair of Beats by Dre, but not if it can go up against the new Orpheus or a well setup SR-009 - and that's really what I was wondering here: are these new Astrotec really the ToTL sounding earbuds that they should be? As that certainly ain't the case last two times around.
I agree with you 100%. I wasn't saying HiFiman makes crappy earphone, they make great earphones (crappy QC sometimes though), just a pricing strategy I cannot get on board with that was expressed by Dr. Fang. I have no problem with them charging 50,000 usd for Shangri-La, premium price for premium product, fair enough. But they also make it a habit to cut the price in half a lot of their products, many early customers are understandably pissed.
Price does influence perception of SQ, you don't appreciate enough until it costs enough, a tendency some sellers are not shy away from cashing in on.

Oct 1, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #23,390 of 75,540
Does anyone know whether the Diy PK1 at NiceHCK (https://m.aliexpress.com/item//32823569005.html) and the Diy PK2 at a certain shop are the same product?
Or does anyone know whether the Diy PK2 sound like EMX500?

I have only the Diy PK1 and EMX500. And I like the sound of EMX500.
If the Diy PK2 and EMX500 sound the same, I will buy the Diy PK2.

Please teach me.

Edit:
Later I inquired and confirmed at HCK that the Diy PK1 and the Diy PK2 are the same product.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #23,393 of 75,540
image.jpg
Very good combo lgv20->tube amp vali2 -high grain->vido.
Instrument separation.Soundstage Depth Bass slam. Every characteristics is better performed. I am very surprised how well earbuds pair with tube amp. I have to reconsider each last cheap earbuds with this configuration. Vido. Mx500 pk1 ...

Earbud is also great to discern the quality of tubes! Tube amp and dac have great musicality.

When I was a kid, i started collecting vintage small tubes...of ecc81, 82, 83, and 88. These are just 1/5.

Oct 2, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #23,395 of 75,540

Earbud is also great to discern the quality of tubes! Tube amp and dac have great musicality.

When I was a kid, i started collecting vintage small tubes...of ecc81, 82, 83, and 88. These are just 1/5.
You're very lucky. A lot of experiments to do. I only ve got 3 tubes. A Tad A Genalex golden and the one that came with the amp. Tube are expensive now. At my surprise I notice more improvements with the vido. A margin improvement with the Samsara and Shozy BK.

Oct 2, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #23,396 of 75,540

But you can't assume the present...

Oct 2, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #23,397 of 75,540
But you can't assume the present...

I said that exact same thing just before I bought Lyra Classic when I already feel that I had overpaid for the Lyra 6 - I was willingly to give them one more chance back then to prove themselves, but it still came as another disappointment.. So this is not just a mere empty assumption but an attempt to learn from one's previous mistakes. On one hand, I'll be happy to know that the new earbuds do actually improve THAT much to warrant the very high price; on the other hand, I don't want to feel that I have gotten burnt the 3rd times - and how many times a man needs to get burnt before he quits? All I am saying here is, Astrotec has a lot to prove, given their track record so far.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #23,398 of 75,540
I said that exact same thing just before I bought Lyra Classic when I already feel that I had overpaid for the Lyra 6 - I was willingly to give them one more chance back then to prove themselves, but it still came as another disappointment.. So this is not just a mere empty assumption but an attempt to learn from one's previous mistakes. On one hand, I'll be happy to know that the new earbuds do actually improve THAT much to warrant the very high price; on the other hand, I don't want to feel that I have gotten burnt the 3rd times - and how many times a man needs to get burnt before he quits? All I am saying here is, Astrotec has a lot to prove, given their track record so far.
Ok noted bro. Appreciate tour feedback .

Oct 3, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #23,400 of 75,540
I just received my most anticipated product buy from online.
The K's Earphone K300.
I am not audiophile.But i am so much excited to hear the high impedance earphone sound.But I can't hear any magical difference compare to my apple earpods.Actually my apple earpods sound like more open to me.

I tested it on my lg g6 quad dac.When i enable my dac it's only gain the volume.Other wise it's too low.
Bit disappointed.Though my only aim to buy this earphone to check what is quad dac sound like.
Any recommend you guys to buy other earphone that can increase my audio experience level at lower price range earphone.Or should i stick with them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back