Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 21, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #23,102 of 75,287
Ok results are in for Vido vs mx500. The mx500 is brighter in tonality than the vido. Vido has a way better sound stage compared to mx500 that feels in your face and claustrophobic. Also the vido is better at articulating details over the mx500. The bass on the vido is very good in both quantity and quality and is more detailed and controlled compared to mx500. The vido is a really amazing earbud for the price. I would place the vido as a must have and highly recommend. I cant say what the durability will be for this thing but considering it is less than 4 dollars who cares buy a dozen of them. I am really impressed by it and I own a lot of other earbuds. The hype is most certainly real for this one I was not able to find any real faults with them other than the unknown durability factor the sound quality is just unfair. I even listened to Yosi's bubbles it was pretty epic.

I would most certainly recommend the Vido over the mx500 hands down. And if im being honest here just go buy it...... NOW

Sep 21, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #23,103 of 75,287
Ok results are in for Vido vs mx500. The mx500 is brighter in tonality than the vido. Vido has a way better sound stage compared to mx500 that feels in your face and claustrophobic. Also the vido is better at articulating details over the mx500. The bass on the vido is very good in both quantity and quality and is more detailed and controlled compared to mx500.

I would most certainly recommend the Vido over the mx500 hands down

I'm not agree with you about that. "Vido has a way better sound stage compared to mx500 that feels in your face and claustrophobic" : NO!!! :fearful: The soundstage of EMX500 is open, airy and have nothing "claustrophobic" (you are the first people to said something like this, here...).

The mx500 is brighter in tonality than the vido.
Ok, you don't like the tonality and the "signature" of EMX500, but it does not make it a bad earbud : it's not for your taste... You confuse "taste" and "quality", right?

For me, EMX500 are really better than Vido.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #23,105 of 75,287
+1 with Kooka :)
+1 with Kooka too. Luckyeights must have a lemon EMX500. This is not uncommon I have had both bad and good multiple copies of earbuds - for example Monk Original, Auglamour RX1. I have one EMX500 and a few Vidos and personnally my EMX500 is way better (more extension on both ends and better soundstage). It has been mentioned on several occasions that the EMX500 are like Vidos on steroids and rightly so. I must point out that the EMX500 comes with a cable that alone cost $7.00 (same as I have bought in the past to recable Vidos). So a recabled Vido comes to the same cost as the EMX500. And for that personally I can safely say that its the best valued easily available earbud.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #23,106 of 75,287
+1 with Kooka too. Luckyeights must have a lemon EMX500. This is not uncommon I have had both bad and good multiple copies of earbuds - for example Monk Original, Auglamour RX1. I have one EMX500 and a few Vidos and personnally my EMX500 is way better (more extension on both ends and better soundstage). It has been mentioned on several occasions that the EMX500 are like Vidos on steroids and rightly so. I must point out that the EMX500 comes with a cable that alone cost $7.00 (same as I have bought in the past to recable Vidos). So a recabled Vido comes to the same cost as the EMX500. And for that personally I can safely say that its the best valued easily available earbud.
Has anyone compared EMX500 vs RY4S yet?

Sep 21, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #23,107 of 75,287

Well i got the rest of my buds today.... Here is my whole collection.

top left to right
Ty650
Nicehck graphene
T-music (gen 1)
Monks
Auglamour rx1
Nicehck pk2
Rose Masya
K's 300 Samsara
MX500
Vido
Sony e808+
lastly **** pt15

ohhh and i forgot to get the qian 39 in this shot =(

Anyway Basically the ones that are out of the cases/packaging are the good ones IMO. The rest have their uses but i feel they are more niche. I will go into more detail on these earbuds at a latter date as i have some comparing to do between the mx500 and vido these two buds are quite impressive given their price point. I will be trying to find their weaknesses. Basically these two have a very similar sound signature to themselves and the K's Samsara. ***Note that even though the signature is the same this does not mean same quality i will need some time to compare them.

The PK2 is probably the most strange or interesting out of the bunch as far as its sound signature, its basically W shaped its very unique indeed. Not bad but unique and by unique I mean that no other earbud sounds like them that I own.

basic review

Ty650 - Very mellow earbud it is what i would consider the upgrade path from the Monk plus. Mid centric with a more analogue sound.

Nickhck Graphene - Bright earbud lots of details and energetic I find them fatiguing, these would be an upgrade from the **** pt15.

T-music - Dont buy these

Monks - Mid centric with a veiled sound signature I dont really like them. The upgrade from these would be the ty650 which lifts that veil quite a bit but keeps the overal signature imo.

Auglamlour - One trick pony for mid lovers, Lack bass and sparkle on high end. Basicly a mid bud, dont like these either.

Nicehck pk2 - Very unique sound signature out of the whole lot these are the only ones that have a W shaped signature its very interesting you would have to listen to it to understand fully how different these are from the rest.

Rose Masya - Very clean and crystal clear earbud. Very neutral sound signature and very detailed. These are great all rounders although sometimes but not too frequently can be a tad too bright. But these handle bass and vocals very well.

K's 300 Samsara - These at first I was unsure about something sounded off in the mid to high range but i figured it out DO NOT USE FULL FOAM on these EVER!!! (except for maybe the ultra thin ones that come with monks) These buds have the best bass out of the bunch as far as quantity but is slightly behind in quality compared to Masya. Mids are very good on this earbud a tad better than those on the Masya whom i find to be a little thin sometimes. Highs on this earbud are very good but you cant use full foam or they get messed up badly. I would say the highs are a little less in comparison to masya as far as air and everything goes but still very good.

Mx500 and Vido share similar sound sig to the Samsara I will need to compare more but basically these earbuds punch above their price point. I have not had a whole lot of listening time with them but they are both very good however they are a little bit more congested and are more closed in compared to Samsara.

Sony e808+ - These are if you just want pure BASS, they really go deep in the bass department but their highs are kind of weird and the mids recessed.

**** pt 15 - High centric bud for all you high frequency lovers however i would probably recommend the Nicehck graphene over these they keep the good high end but balance out the rest of the frequencies better than these.

Qian 39 - These are very warm mid centric buds with good bass. Highs are a little rolled off on these. These buds are also kind of unique sounding almost analogue like I suppose. They are very pleasant to listen to. These also have very good layering/separation, you can pick out each instrument being played and listen to just it if you focus on it.

So that pretty much sums it up hope this helps you all in your future purchases. I will further compare those vidos and mx500s at a latter date.

Ok this is a brilliant post thank you for this. Very interesting about the Samsara and Masya comparison. Can I ask were you using the Masya full foam and Samsara donut foam?

I have the Masya arriving in a few days and I'm just wondering if the thinner sounding vocals would be an annoyance or if it's only thin sounding in comparison to the samsara.

I really love a bud with full sounding vocals but without sacrificing balance and only a touch of warmth.

Maybe some mild EQ would bring out a more full sound for the Masya. A good seal also. Did they fit your ear well? Just curious thanks :)

Edit: If I looked at the picture I'd realise you used Monk thin foams on the samsara... whoops xD

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #23,108 of 75,287
k's earbud samsara...hmmm is it worth the extra price for the new cable?

Ok this is a brilliant post thank you for this. Very interesting about the Samsara and Masya comparison. Can I ask were you using the Masya full foam and Samsara donut foam?

I have the Masya arriving in a few days and I'm just wondering if the thinner sounding vocals would be an annoyance or if it's only thin sounding in comparison to the samsara.

I really love a bud with full sounding vocals but without sacrificing balance and only a touch of warmth.

Maybe some mild EQ would bring out a more full sound for the Masya. A good seal also. Did they fit your ear well? Just curious thanks :)

Edit: If I looked at the picture I'd realise you used Monk thin foams on the samsara... whoops xD

Masya if full foam.

Sep 21, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #23,109 of 75,287

Not sure why you would say its a lemon? There is no distortion or driver issues that I can hear.

Sep 21, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #23,110 of 75,287
If I may jump in... is there a bud that would be a significant step up from the Monk+ ? I enjoy the clarity, sparkle, and engagement of the VE but would love better imaging, musicality, and impact. Any ideas?

That shouldn't be that hard.... I was not that impressed with the Monk+ once I tried out a number of other earbuds. Try the NiceHCK PK2 or Yinman 150.

I found problems with most of the earbuds I have tried so far though. T-Music V2 was too flat and boring but everything sounded pretty well controlled. The Yinman 64 ohm was a bit lacking in the highs. The Qian39 and SHE3800 were just kind of meh. The TY Hi-Z 32's bass was too much and was not very good quality. The Monk+ and T-Music V1 both seemed to be like lacking in bass quality. It didn't feel very thigh to me. The NiceHCK PK2s are super comfortable and have a very good midrange and highs but the bass is lacking. The Yinman 150 ohm are my favorites so far but I wish they had more sparkle in highs.

I have Vidos on the way (mostly to play with modifying) and **** PT15. I am planning on ordering Rose Maysa in the very near future. I am hoping I can find an earbud I completely love soon because I prefer the form factor and soundstage of earbuds over IEMs. I would much rather wear earbuds at work.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #23,111 of 75,287
Has anyone compared EMX500 vs RY4S yet?
EMX500 vs. RY4S

EMX500 - V-shaped sound. Detailed treble, and deep but a little thin bass. Good braided cable.

RY4S - Treble and medium are clear, and strong bass with core. But rubbery coating cable. Though I like this RY4S's sound more.

Edit:
I do not think that the sound of EMX 500 is close to Vido.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #23,112 of 75,287
Can somebody link me where to buy the Vido? I can't find it.

Also, anybody from the US have declined payment, AliExpress has me send documents to prove the payment methods are legit.

I rather not provide these documents with personal info to a Chinese website.

Is it just my bank or anybody have good luck with using payment methods from a US bank?

Sep 21, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #23,115 of 75,287
EMX500 vs. RY4S

EMX500 - V-shaped sound. Detailed treble, and deep but a little thin bass. Good braided cable.

RY4S - Treble and medium are clear, and strong bass with core. But rubbery coating cable. Though I like this RY4S's sound more.

Thank you. So as I thought: Qian25~Vido~RY4S, and EMX500~TY-Z 32. I am just trying to have similar models compared between each other, so people here don't keep buying near duplicates with same sound :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back