Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 31, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #22,591 of 75,235
Moondrop Nameless driver is 13.5mm. I assume that its shell is smaller than typical MX500 shell, and it states that it has 4-wire. That means it could be re-plugged to 2.5mm. balanced plug.

Aug 31, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #22,592 of 75,235
are the fengru/**** versions of the EMX500 all the same? they look identical.

It's hard to say. I want to say that Fengru makes this version, but navigating through sloppy technical specs on Ali Express is not the best way to find answers. I say "****" because this is the seller I purchased from and there's been reports that there is 2 versions of the DIY MX500 - and they are both great - that are slightly different in sound sig, yet look identical.

Aug 31, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #22,593 of 75,235
It's hard to say. I want to say that Fengru makes this version, but navigating through sloppy technical specs on Ali Express is not the best way to find answers. I say "****" because this is the seller I purchased from and there's been reports that there is 2 versions of the DIY MX500 - and they are both great - that are slightly different in sound sig, yet look identical.
Ah yes I think i've seen two versions of MX500 DIY but I assume that once the name EMX500 DIY is in the title it's the same earphone. I see many sellers have it listed and I purchased the one with Fengru in the title.

Thanks!

Aug 31, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #22,595 of 75,235
I'm mostly impressed by the resolution of the sound. And I hate sibilance, I am using pfe232 right now, happy with the detail level but a bit prone to sibilance. K's 500, K's 300 samsara, Rose Masya, Rose Mojito, by those of 4 which one would you suggest me. Does Mojito worth the difference with Masya. I'm planning to buy Masya right now, but impressions are it is vocal emphasized and i like flat response more.

Aug 31, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #22,597 of 75,235
Moondrop Nameless driver is 13.5mm. I assume that its shell is smaller than typical MX500 shell, and it states that it has 4-wire. That means it could be re-plugged to 2.5mm. balanced plug.
da3295cad1c8a786a26238c06d09c93d71cf5065.jpg

Nameless in the wild (probably somewhere in ChengDu).

Also there is an unboxing article of Nameless (in simplified chinese):
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5297472909

Aug 31, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #22,599 of 75,235
Right now the only bud I have is a Monk plus. I find the sound to be excellent for acoustiv vocal albums...singer sonwriter...folk etc. With some other music that depends on true sub bass I just am not getting it with these. i do not need thumping artificially booted bass but I do want to hear what is meant to be there. I do have headphones and iems that will do that but I am interested in having a couple of nice,but not expensive, buds. I do have a Boarseman MX98 and a **** pt15 on order. I am worried that the **** might be too bright. I cannot handle sibilance or fatiguing sound. Any suggestions as to what else I should consider?

Also the Monks feel a little large in my ear. Are some a bit smaller in diameter? Maybe I just have not learned how to fit them properly. Is it normal to get more sound and a bit more bass when pressing on them while the music is playing?

Aug 31, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #22,600 of 75,235
Right now the only bud I have is a Monk plus. I find the sound to be excellent for acoustiv vocal albums...singer sonwriter...folk etc. With some other music that depends on true sub bass I just am not getting it with these. i do not need thumping artificially booted bass but I do want to hear what is meant to be there. I do have headphones and iems that will do that but I am interested in having a couple of nice,but not expensive, buds. I do have a Boarseman MX98 and a **** pt15 on order. I am worried that the **** might be too bright. I cannot handle sibilance or fatiguing sound. Any suggestions as to what else I should consider?

Also the Monks feel a little large in my ear. Are some a bit smaller in diameter? Maybe I just have not learned how to fit them properly. Is it normal to get more sound and a bit more bass when pressing on them while the music is playing?
All the earbuds with Yuin-Docomo shells (all those earbuds with PK as codenames) are smaller and more comfortable to wear than Monk Plus (that is using standard MX500 shell). Qian 39 is also quite a bit smaller and lighter than Monk Plus.

Aug 31, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #22,601 of 75,235
which earbuds are good for blues/rock? i am looking for good soundstage/imaging, detailed or clarity and emphasize on the guitar sounds (electric guitar especially). i am looking at the rose masya for now
sounds like a good choice i bought the Masya a few days ago for its soundstage, separation and detail

Aug 31, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #22,604 of 75,235

I ordered the EMX500 and NICEHCK DIY PK2 from aliexpress. Obviously having not heard them myself I cannot say for certain they will suit your needs however from what I read these seem like fantastic mid range earbuds for a very good price between $10-20 each.

The emx500 is said to have a balanced slightly u shaped but warm and detailed sound sig. Good soundstage for an earbud at this level also.

The DIY PK2 is supposedly similar sounding to the Shozy Cygnus which is a well regarded earbud great for vocals and all round performer.

Can't go wrong to start there! As for the shell the diy pk2 has a smaller shell which may fit better. the emx500 has the standard mx500 shell like the monks.

The Masya is in a much higher price bracket at $95-105 but it does tick all your boxes i guess. if you want to spend that much. I myself have one on order because ive heard such good things about it!

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #22,605 of 75,235
How much better is mojito, 'cos price is the twice.
Can't say myself. The reviews here on Headfi seem to indicate that the Mojito is an upgrade all across the board but has a more analytical sound while the maysa is possibly more 'fun' and warm sounding in the mids. Just from what I've heard, you can check the reviews and see for yourself if you feel like it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back