Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 29, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #22,516 of 75,272
Anyone here remembers the bass slam of vintage Sony earbuds ? any equivalent ones that are available "?

@Danneq is the expert in this! :thumbsup:

When I was a kid, I had a few Sony mdr-e484 which come with diamond amorphous diaphragm, class 1 Linear crystal-ofc litz cable, ceramic housing, gold plated unimatch plug, very advanced. The material and design of it was much better than many of the modern one. I listen to cassette tape with a Walkman.

The sound was great and vivid. Great speed, bass, mids, treble...everything. Very balanced too. It impresses me most When I listen to hand clapping...it's so real. My friend, a musician who plays violin, listened to my Walkman e484 combo, told me that her audiophile hifi couldn't produce a hand-clapping so real and vivid and that frustrated her. I'm still looking for an earbud that can produce real hand-clapping sound.

Someone said that the best bass slam come from Sony mdr-e575! But e575 is very demanding on source.

Aug 29, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #22,517 of 75,272
The standard k's 300 or the samsara? Im on the fence between the samsara and the k600. The samsara appears to be k's top model at the moment at least given its price. I am also thinking it will be more compatible with more sources with them being 300ohm vs 600ohm. I cant really find any review on either one however the only thing i have heard from someone that has both is that they were equally impressed by both and they both are better than the k500. However they have not had a chance to actually fully compare both models.

Is the K's 300 Samsara called that, because of the specific wire they're using on it?
Are both of the K's 300 earbuds "voiced" the same?

Aug 29, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #22,518 of 75,272
Is the K's 300 Samsara called that, because of the specific wire they're using on it?
Are both of the K's 300 earbuds "voiced" the same?

No from what i have heard they are tuned differently. The one review i found said the Samara is like the k500's awesome bass mixed with the lush mids and highs of a blox. Another person i found that owned the samsara said that its the k500 but with all the problems fixed with the high frequencies. I couldnt find anythin else on them no real detailed reviews sadly. Im thinking of getting them over the k600 as i think at 300ohm they would be more versatile. Just wish i could find someone that could give me more details about them.

Aug 30, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #22,522 of 75,272
Can someone give a comparison between K's 300 Samsara vs Yinman 600? Both of them are in the same price category.

Aug 30, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #22,524 of 75,272
@Danneq is the expert in this! :thumbsup:

When I was a kid, I had a few Sony mdr-e484 which come with diamond amorphous diaphragm, class 1 Linear crystal-ofc litz cable, ceramic housing, gold plated unimatch plug, very advanced. The material and design of it was much better than many of the modern one. I listen to cassette tape with a Walkman.

The sound was great and vivid. Great speed, bass, mids, treble...everything. Very balanced too. It impresses me most When I listen to hand clapping...it's so real. My friend, a musician who plays violin, listened to my Walkman e484 combo, told me that her audiophile hifi couldn't produce a hand-clapping so real and vivid and that frustrated her. I'm still looking for an earbud that can produce real hand-clapping sound.

Someone said that the best bass slam come from Sony mdr-e575! But e575 is very demanding on source.

You are so much audio enthusiast kid. When I was kid, I ride bicycle and play video-games without audio-gear concern. I never own any vintage earbud from AIWA, Sony, JVC, etc..

Aug 30, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #22,525 of 75,272
New Yincrow RW-777 from Jim HCK
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...1d-42c4-a535-3f56c593822e&transAbTest=ae803_2
New-Original-YINCROW-RW-777-In-Ear-Earphone-Earbud-Flat-Head-Plug-Earplugs-Earbud-Metal-Earphone.jpg

Looks quite similar to Hifiman ES100 but seems better looking & better built (all-metal).

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #22,527 of 75,272
Quick question -
Should I get Vido or EMX500 or Yincrow X6?
I have the Ty Hi-Z 32 and i find it great for my type of music and also prefer it while watching movies. I also have the Monk+ but i don't like it that much. I like bass that goes deep into the depths of hell but don't like boomy/thudding in the lower mids. Sub-bass is what i want.
Seeing my preference, what do you guys suggest?

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #22,528 of 75,272
Quick question -
Should I get Vido or EMX500 or Yincrow X6?
I have the Ty Hi-Z 32 and i find it great for my type of music and also prefer it while watching movies. I also have the Monk+ but i don't like it that much. I like bass that goes deep into the depths of hell but don't like boomy/thudding in the lower mids. Sub-bass is what i want.
Seeing my preference, what do you guys suggest?
Apparently these are Vidos at $1.99 :
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Spo...32830431361.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.JAZX4Y
So I think i've answered your question (i've already ordered 2).:ksc75smile:

P.S. Check the listing photos - there's a Vido label on one of the white earbud.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #22,529 of 75,272
Aug 30, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #22,530 of 75,272
The Vido's strength is is bass where it's weakness if vocals. Of those you're considering, the TP16 has respectable bass, the PK2 is balanced across the spectrum, and the RX-1 is a strong budget vocals earbud that's weakness is bass. I'd probably recommend the RX-1 to compliment the Vido personally.[/QUOTE
OMG, if these really are Vidos... I am laughing so hard right now for this 50% discount over the usual price, I mean, what in the world...
Next thing they'll be paying you buy them :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back