Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 29, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #22,501 of 75,465
Hey guys what should i get during this sale on aliexpress. Right now i have the emx500 the vido, the diy graphene, the nicehck diy pk2 and now i need your help should i get the K's 300ohm samsara or the k's 600ohm? Also if you have any other suggestions i should add to my carr during this sale help much appriciated =D

Aug 29, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #22,503 of 75,465
I want to buy some buds from NiceHCK, I read good opinions here for Toneking tp16, diy pk2 and Auglamour RX-1, I want to order one + a vido, what do you guys like more or will complement best the vido or have another recomendation? Also is zishan z1 a good option to buy for this buds? (Is around $20 usd in ali now, or is better to go for walnut v2s for 8 bucks more? Zishan z2 is a bit expensive for me, at the moment I only use my phone for music)

The Vido's strength is is bass where it's weakness if vocals. Of those you're considering, the TP16 has respectable bass, the PK2 is balanced across the spectrum, and the RX-1 is a strong budget vocals earbud that's weakness is bass. I'd probably recommend the RX-1 to compliment the Vido personally.

Aug 29, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #22,504 of 75,465
Hey guys what should i get during this sale on aliexpress. Right now i have the emx500 the vido, the diy graphene, the nicehck diy pk2 and now i need your help should i get the K's 300ohm samsara or the k's 600ohm? Also if you have any other suggestions i should add to my carr during this sale help much appriciated =D

NiceHCK DIY PK2 or EMX500 which do you prefer?

As for your question, Maaaaybe Tomahawk? It's at €22 I think? But I don't have enough other budget earbuds to rank the Tomahawk off of :frowning2: plus the sound is annoyingly slightly "off" sometimes. The annoying part is with a slightly warmer/fuller less veiled sound in the mids/highs and it would be a masterclass earbud in its price range. The soundstage and separation is wonderful.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #22,505 of 75,465
I'm still loving the emx500 sound, especially after burn in which results in a significant change to my ears, but I'm on my third pair in only 3 months now. 2 pairs started rattling in one side, which just escalated from there. I've tried the fix suggested a couple of times, to take the bud apart and put some glue on/glue some paper to the front side of the shell, to put more pressure on the driver. But I've failed to fix it yet..

So question: Has anyone used the emx500 intensively for say 3 months or more, without any problems?
Secondly, does anyone find the nicehck diy mx760 graphene an upgrade to emx500? Are they comparable in signature?

All my emx500 has been from the banned seller (seems to me it does'nt matter where they are bought though).

Thanks a lot:)

If you have rattling problem on one of the drivers, there are 2 solutions which worked several times for me.

I think the rattling comes from the loose driver. The driver membrane which is glued to the front cover may somehow get loose after some usage.

There are two ways to fix this issue. First way to pry open the front cover and check the driver plate if it is glued to the cover properly and doesn't move. When you pull or twist the driver plate it shouldn't move If you have one moving you should push the driver and twist only a little bit until it is stuck to the cover.

The second way is blowing/vacuuming to the membrane gently with your mouth. Sometimes the membrane can be somewhat crinkled and cannot move properly or there may be a small piece of hair or dust left on the membrane which causes ratling/buzzing sound.

I have rescued some earphones with these methods before throwing them to the trash. So please try them before because it is not that easy to break your earphones.

Hope this helps

Aug 29, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #22,506 of 75,465

I read it's difficult to beat the vido wise . What's your thoughts on the buds that you have?

Aug 29, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #22,508 of 75,465
I read it's difficult to beat the vido wise . What's your thoughts on the buds that you have?

Seriously Vido is unbeatable for $3.84. I don't know if it is only me but I hear more details with Vido than Monk, H180, SHE3580 or Seahf AWK F-32

Aug 29, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #22,509 of 75,465
Seriously Vido is unbeatable for $3.84. I don't know if it is only me but I hear more details with Vido than Monk, H180, SHE3580 or Seahf AWK F-32

Now I just had to order these :)

Aug 29, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #22,512 of 75,465
Can I get it offf from aliexpress . You mean it's just thinner that's all?

That works too. It's a thinner version of generic thick foams. Vido might sound too bright with those on depending on your tastes. My preference leans towards analytical signatures, so don't take my opinion as the best option. I was actually thinking of switching them to different foams today...

Aug 29, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #22,513 of 75,465
I ordered the K300's still on the fence if I want to go for the the K600

The standard k's 300 or the samsara? Im on the fence between the samsara and the k600. The samsara appears to be k's top model at the moment at least given its price. I am also thinking it will be more compatible with more sources with them being 300ohm vs 600ohm. I cant really find any review on either one however the only thing i have heard from someone that has both is that they were equally impressed by both and they both are better than the k500. However they have not had a chance to actually fully compare both models.

Aug 29, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #22,514 of 75,465
That works too. It's a thinner version of generic thick foams. Vido might sound too bright with those on depending on your tastes. My preference leans towards analytical signatures, so don't take my opinion as the best option. I was actually thinking of switching them to different foams today...

Seriously I'm very satisfied with this purchase and based on your comment that you can't get better SQ without paying a looooot more w.r.t to the Fido makes it difficult for an upgrade.
Fido bass has abit of a bass bloom but if there's more slam/sub bass it would be better and maybe a bit more aggressive with better dynamics. Is that a lot to ask for LOL ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back