Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 8, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #20,566 of 75,861
Too much mid-bass and treble roll-off. Too much warmth for my tastes. Wasn't crazy about the sticky cable either. But I heard that the black version clears all that up. Guess I'll see.

For other TOTL, you can never go wrong with Cypherus buds. Avoid QFred, since they have the same sound signature (though I prefer these over Zen 2.0 regular). Other buds like Diomnes have really limited stock, so they are hard to get (I was lucky on snagging a Lv2). You can check the list in my signature for impressions on buds I've heard. It's pending a 2.0 update though lol.

I agree on the cable and your perception of the Zen 2.0 in general. I believe it does change a bit with burn-in, but it is not going to change all that much. I HATE the cable. I'm probably going to swap it for an SPC one, which should help a bit with the thickness and increase the upper mids and treble as well. Will see. I wouldn't mind a different color housing either. The cable on the black is crazy stiff though. I think it is a silly move not to include at least an "o" ring as a slider. I'll probably source one of those as well and undo the XLR that mine is terminated with to slide that on.

Jun 8, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #20,567 of 75,861
20170608_141034.jpg Guess what's in the box :)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #20,571 of 75,861
@WayTooCrazy The ultimate TOTL right know might be Shozy Stardust (neutral bright) or Cypherus CampFred (neutral warm, fun-ish) I haven't bought Campfred 2 yet but I love the first one. Go balanced if you can :)

@ctaxxxx You should consider the Blur, beautiful mid centric with uncanny clarity and wide soundstage. +the build is very nice. it's so pretty, feel like wearing jewerly.
Would love to have your feedback on them.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #20,573 of 75,861
@WayTooCrazy The ultimate TOTL right know might be Shozy Stardust (neutral bright) or Cypherus CampFred (neutral warm, fun-ish) I haven't bought Campfred 2 yet but I love the first one. Go balanced if you can :)

@ctaxxxx You should consider the Blur, beautiful mid centric with uncanny clarity and wide soundstage. +the build is very nice. it's so pretty, feel like wearing jewerly.
Would love to have your feedback on them.

That's why I'm looking for more impressions on the Zen 2.0 Black Edition and how they stack up against other 'buds. I spent a pretty penny on the Zen 2.0 Standard and Zen 2.0 Black Edition... and would like to know where I'm going before spending anything else on a lateral or worse, going backwards in SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back