Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 7, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #20,538 of 75,698
@Saoshyant it's quite easy to reterminate:) cables are separated and jack is very easy to open. Right is marked by a blue shade.

The only tricky thing is to not revert the ground cable. Or you have a veiled mono sound. Double check before applying the heat shrink.

If you have a balanced source, it's a must. Cf1 has so much potential to scale.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #20,539 of 75,698
how to contact him? i have no fb account. thanks..

Have a head-fi member PM him on fb with your email address. I have a tinfoil hat when it comes to fb so I can't be of help.

Jun 7, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #20,540 of 75,698
I have made a grave massive mistake. A long while back i purchased a pair of sony e808+s off alliexpress and when they arrived I was already happy with my qian39s so i tossed them in a drawer and never opened them. Today while gong through the drawer i found them and was like what the heck ill try them today....... OMG!!!!!! the BASSSSSSSSS iv never heard so much bass and sub bass from anything like this ever this is some sort of freaking magic trick. Like who the heck used a time space compression device and put a 10 inch woofer in this thing? Anyone know where i can buy more of these things the listing i originally purchased from has long since been removed and now i must baby these. Only ones i can find now are the 808pl version on ebay and i dont know if they will sound like this or not.

Sadly though they are not very comfortable and they sound a little thin in the mid range but if your looking for some bass buds these things are pretty amazing at least i think so.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #20,542 of 75,698
I have made a grave massive mistake. A long while back i purchased a pair of sony e808+s off alliexpress and when they arrived I was already happy with my qian39s so i tossed them in a drawer and never opened them. Today while gong through the drawer i found them and was like what the heck ill try them today....... OMG!!!!!! the BASSSSSSSSS iv never heard so much bass and sub bass from anything like this ever this is some sort of freaking magic trick. Like who the heck used a time space compression device and put a 10 inch woofer in this thing? Anyone know where i can buy more of these things the listing i originally purchased from has long since been removed and now i must baby these. Only ones i can find now are the 808pl version on ebay and i dont know if they will sound like this or not.

Sadly though they are not very comfortable and they sound a little thin in the mid range but if your looking for some bass buds these things are pretty amazing at least i think so.
How are the in details? Good details but warmness and smoothness too?

Jun 7, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #20,544 of 75,698

Yeah.. modded pair )) P70607-205626-001.jpg

Jun 7, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #20,545 of 75,698
How are the in details? Good details but warmness and smoothness too?

I really like their sound signature they are very enjoyable to listen to. I would not call these warm or cold they are very neutral in that regard. The sony e808+s are airy sounding not hollow but airy and the bass is very prominent and goes very low compared to all the earbuds I have. The mids i would say are slightly thin and slightly recessed but not so much so as to cause any concern or deterrence in my opinion. Vocals sound very clear. The qian 39s are warmer than the e808+s but they sacrifice some of that airy clarity that the e808+s have. In all honesty they are both very good and very enjoyable earbuds. They are both cheap enough to get both and try them out.

I own the ty650, Rose Masya, monk plus, qian 39 and the e808+ in earbuds and i own the Hifiman he400i, akg 7xx and audio technica m50s.

Out of earbuds my two favorite are the qian 39 and this sony e808+ as they are both very enjoyable to listen to and have very good detail. They also present music in a way that can put a smile on your face and to me that is what music is all about. I would recommend buying both as they are both extremely cheap and determine which of the two you like best or in my case i like both just wish the e808+s were a little more comfortable i will probably try to do some shell mods to make them more comfortable.

Jun 7, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #20,546 of 75,698
Jun 7, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #20,547 of 75,698

That is some great praise for the e808. I own own one and didn't like it because of peak issue. Maybe just my build. But now maybe i should dig it back and listen.

Truth is I always been fan of VE porous foam. I just recently found full foam is not that bad.

Jun 7, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #20,548 of 75,698
I did dig back my drawer and found e808. This time put donuts foam.

Yes it's very airy, detail. Dynamic with lots of depth and tight punchy bass with almost no decay and absolutely no bleed at all.

Wow what a treat listening to SOAD and Mars Volta. the energy is indeed very very good.

But it also reminds me why i left it in the drawer. The highs although very extended (beyond ty32) seems rather unnatural for me. On some track it sound like I'm hearing splashy 64kbps mp3. Maybe it's just me. Maybe i should burn this one longer. didn't even have reach 100 hour before i retired it months ago.

Edit. Listening to Tipe-X now. Wow also very nice. Tipe-X old album always has great depth, and hard hitting bass.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #20,549 of 75,698
I did dig back my drawer and found e808. This time put donuts foam.

Yes it's very airy, detail. Dynamic with lots of depth and tight punchy bass with almost no decay and absolutely no bleed at all.

Wow what a treat listening to SOAD and Mars Volta. the energy is indeed very very good.

But it also reminds me why i left it in the drawer. The highs although very extended (beyond ty32) seems rather unnatural for me. On some track it sound like I'm hearing splashy 64kbps mp3. Maybe it's just me. Maybe i should burn this one longer. didn't even have reach 100 hour before i retired it months ago.

What track are you listening to so that i may see if i hear it as well. I listened to a couple songs with piano, and female vocalists and didnt notice anything in the high range that was bothersome. Oh i forgot until i was thinking of cringy highs i also have that pt15 with the metal housings some where that thing has annoying highs but didnt notice anything with these as of yet.

Jun 7, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #20,550 of 75,698
What track are you listening to so that i may see if i hear it as well. I listened to a couple songs with piano, and female vocalists and didnt notice anything in the high range that was bothersome. Oh i forgot until i was thinking of cringy highs i also have that pt15 with the metal housings some where that thing has annoying highs but didnt notice anything with these as of yet.

If you have access to stick figure - smokin love or Ariana Grande side to side. This 2 song show excessive problem with the highs i mentioned.

Remember how bad mp3 highs sound like? That what I'm hearing although the mp3 itself is 320kbps. I can hear the same with Spotify extreme..

Obviously not all songs react like this. Maybe 10-15% of the time. Like i said maybe I just got bad batch. But yes e808 have a very good depth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back