Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 3, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #19,396 of 75,272
My main issue with full sized cans is the comfort, have a big head and ears, and most cans hurt my head after 30 minutes.. Those buds don't... My only concern is to if they can measure up to the sound quality of full sized cans, from what i understand they can't reproduce the same bass level right?

For dynamic headphones, definitely. Planars are another story. I can't see earbuds beating the LCD 2's bass extension without over-powering the other frequencies. A good seal definitely plays a role, which is why I decided to stick with IEMs for bass-centric music. Though CampFreds come pretty close, so it may be possible!

What we need are Planar magnetic earbuds. Audeze already released the iSine. How about an eSine(?) for the earbud market!
Zen 2 black edition

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #19,398 of 75,272
My main issue with full sized cans is the comfort, have a big head and ears, and most cans hurt my head after 30 minutes.. Those buds don't... My only concern is to if they can measure up to the sound quality of full sized cans, from what i understand they can't reproduce the same bass level right?

This is interesting. I have the Grado PS500e headphone, but as good as they sound, I don't love wearing full sized headphones for longer periods of time. My goal with earbuds is the try to find something that will get close to matching them. While I am new to buds, and find their capability far exceeds what I thought they could do, I'm not sure they can match the Grados. Overall, I find that the Grados have a bigger sound. I'm not saying the resolution detail, etc. of buds is below par, that's not the case. And if you can get a good fit, the bass is pretty impressive.

In my experience so far, they just don't seem to match the bigger sound of larger headphones. I am finding I'm using my Grados much less, we'll see how this journey continues. Have the Shozy BK on the way to try out next.

Apr 3, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #19,400 of 75,272
  well I don't know how warm these are compared to others but the philips she3205 comes with mic and has flat cables, might be a bit pricey though if bought at retail price and also it shaped like earpods if that is good or bad

for me they are quite pleasant sounding and have nice amount of bass but probably not basshead bass

I ordered some without mic (she3200) from ebay for about 10 USD but they came in a bag instead of retail packaging

@SpiderNhan this could be what you are looking for

Looks like earpod style earphones and no earbud. Earpods are not comfortable. I used Apple Earpod and could not even wear them for 30 min.

Apr 3, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #19,403 of 75,272
Fellow B320 owners, how would you describe their vocal presentation? To my ears it's almost like people are singing/speaking in a horn shell, with multiple transient echoes, voices are always fuzzy

Apr 3, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #19,405 of 75,272
http://www.head-fi.org/t/843190/the-7-cubu-earbud

Apr 3, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #19,406 of 75,272
I've been away from head-fi for a while. I wanted to try out some earbuds and found these on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/222179974635  Aiwa HP-EX11

anyone have experience with these? I picked up a pair because the aiwa brand gives me nostalgia since it was the brand of my first minidisc player.

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #19,407 of 75,272
http://www.head-fi.org/t/843190/the-7-cubu-earbud

I tried looking for them on ali and found these kube earbuds instead

they have pretty low resistance, I don't remember seeing 9ohm earbuds before

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #19,408 of 75,272
I tried looking for them on ali and found these kube earbuds instead

they have pretty low resistance, I don't remember seeing 9ohm earbuds before

Once you find a pair you will find they are extremely easy to drive. Many times easer to drive than say Apple EarPods?

Strange as again, I never thought foam covers would bring out the best in them. It may have been that my continued demos before purchase and before the introduction of foam covers was having me hear the wrong frequencies enhanced by listening to them nude.

I never thought that foam covers would do what they did to the signature.

The foamies made everything more clear?

Your link has nothing to do with the Cubu earbuds?

Sorry I can't get a better source to purchase. Crazy too as they are sold here everywhere. They also do make a small MP3 player called the Cube though? The player comes with the Cubu earbuds as a combo.

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #19,409 of 75,272
Your link has nothing to do with the Cubu earbuds?

I didn't say they did, I was implying that they are the same company, since this was the only earbuds I found when looking up the words "kube cubu" on aliexpress

I looked up on ebay as well but as far as I know they probably only sell stuff from their website  newkube and maybe amazon

I mean easier to buy than taobao I guess...

are these the same?

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #19,410 of 75,272
I didn't say they did, I was implying that they are the same company, since this was the only earbuds I found when looking up the words "kube cubu" on aliexpress

I looked up on ebay as well but as far as I know they probably only sell stuff from their website  
newkube and maybe amazon

I mean easier to buy than taobao I guess...

are these the same?

I have purchased a lot of stuff here, but you 1) need to make sure they have stock and 2) have sold a bunch before.

https://www.bukalapak.com/p/elektronik/headphone/1a9gh6-jual-the-kube-earbuds-earphone-headset-murah-kualitas-studio-dijamin-mantep-suaranya-gan-gak-diragukan-lagi

You may find 50 dealers selling them at Bukalapak. They are everywhere here like cans of Coke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back