Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 3, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #19,382 of 75,342
I never listened to mx300, but according to some description, mx300 has "insufficient treble and bass can be bloated." This is not the case with Sharp 1bit. Though it does not have top notch refinement, its treble and bass are both quite nice. To my ears its apparent shortcomings are warmth in midrange and sibilance.

Apr 3, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #19,388 of 75,342
Which one is better? Can you compare to other totl buds?

I can say briefly, the natural sound + sound stage / imaging / seperation of the mx985, takes me to places, drawing me a story in my head when my eyes are closed.

The Ty Hi Z 650 have a more "fun" sounding and reminds me why I got in love with each track in my collection which the MX985 isn't able to do. 

Apr 3, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #19,389 of 75,342
@bar3336 I'll have to agree with not rushing in.  As I don't know your headphone experience, I'd usually recommend starting at the budget range to get an idea on preferred sound, then assuming you do decide you're a fan of earbuds, continue up the path and keep experiencing what's offered, but take your time on the journey as even with the relatively inexpensive format it can add up.  If I remember you ordered the Zen 2, which is a phenomenal earbud which pleases most, so you should hopefully be happy with it.

Apr 3, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #19,390 of 75,342
Yes, i have the ve monks+ which is amazing to my ears... And i come from listening to the senn hd600 and akg k702... I was blown away as to how such small button like buds that cost 2 pennies and are super comfortable can create such sound... So i was like a mad man searching for higher ranked buds to see how would those sound... So ordered the k's 500, zen 2, ty650... And i'm not even such of a music listener... More like a tv/movie kind of guy... A casual music listener...

Apr 3, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #19,391 of 75,342
My main issue with full sized cans is the comfort, have a big head and ears, and most cans hurt my head after 30 minutes.. Those buds don't... My only concern is to if they can measure up to the sound quality of full sized cans, from what i understand they can't reproduce the same bass level right?

Apr 3, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #19,393 of 75,342
 from what i understand they can't reproduce the same bass level right?

Have a listen to k's 500;it trumphs fullsize cans also in terms of bass reponse in both quality and quantity.i assure you its definitely better than your both neutral fullsized cans hd600 and Akg one.Thats why i am saying wait till you receive all the buds.
Also proper sealing is required to get desired bass from buds;for that you can use foams and rings.But without loose sealing also k's 500 is a beast.

Apr 3, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #19,395 of 75,342
My main issue with full sized cans is the comfort, have a big head and ears, and most cans hurt my head after 30 minutes.. Those buds don't... My only concern is to if they can measure up to the sound quality of full sized cans, from what i understand they can't reproduce the same bass level right?

For dynamic headphones, definitely. Planars are another story. I can't see earbuds beating the LCD 2's bass extension without over-powering the other frequencies. A good seal definitely plays a role, which is why I decided to stick with IEMs for bass-centric music. Though CampFreds come pretty close, so it may be possible!

What we need are Planar magnetic earbuds. Audeze already released the iSine. How about an eSine(?) for the earbud market!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back