Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 1, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #19,306 of 75,542
  Yes fiio a3 and tube amp will be fine;as earbuds are more efficient compared to fullsize cans.
Ty 650 is good for movies having good soundstage.
RX-1 is compressed sound with forward vocal;so not recommanded.

i have one more suggestion like Toneking TY2.i Auditioned once;its like theatre experience with less bass.
its a good option.If you have bigger ear .Housing size is slightly larger than normal mx500 housing.
i checked Amazon.co.jp ;where some people mentioned when a rubber ring is used ;it will increase the bass further.

Hope it helps.

so i'm a newbie to earbuds...but from what i read here...the k's 500, zen 2.0, ty650 are the best earbuds? there are more recommendations?

Apr 1, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #19,307 of 75,542

so what would be a general all around best ear-bud? the hp-650? good for music and movies? what is considered the best ear-bud? is there such a thing? 

It would be good;if you order VE Zen black 2.0 this is the end game.
Some good earbuds are also manufactured by Cypherus Audio;indonesia.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/826036/cypherus-audio-products-discussion-thread-campfred-earbuds-qfred-earbuds-and-cax-golden-reference

Apr 1, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #19,309 of 75,542
  It would be good;if you order VE Zen black this is the end game.
Some good earbuds are also manufactured by Cypherus Audio;indonesia.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/826036/cypherus-audio-products-discussion-thread-campfred-earbuds-qfred-earbuds-and-cax-golden-reference

ordered the ve zen 2.0 standard, also like i said the hp-650, and the k's 500, the Cypherus Audio ones - how do you buy them? they only have a facebook page? probably cost more right?

Apr 1, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #19,310 of 75,542
  ordered the ve zen 2.0 standard, also like i said the hp-650, and the k's 500, the Cypherus Audio ones - how do you buy them? they only have a facebook page? probably cost more right?

Pm mr- cypherus by email:-cypherusaudio@gmail.com "or" PM Via head-fi :- http://www.head-fi.org/u/157530/cyperus

Btw they have many top of the line product with different sound signature.Campfred cost around 160$.The old batch is OOS and new batch are in production and will be available later.Ask cyperus for more info.

Apr 1, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #19,311 of 75,542
Looking at selling my Crow Audio Ravens, the fit has been nagging me slightly due having a stiff sort of cable. If anyone is interested feel free to PM me.

Apr 1, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #19,312 of 75,542
how much do they cost? the mx985 are no longer manufactured right? CAX campred?

A little silly to use a out of production totl bud and a currently made $150~ mod for youtube and movies!

There are plenty of sub $10 buds that are really equally competent especially at non music. Remax 303 or qian39 for example.

Ty 650 is great if you like a laid back and neutral sound

Seahf 650 is better if you like a little kick in the sound.

Apr 1, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #19,313 of 75,542
how much do they cost? the mx985 are no longer manufactured right? CAX campred?

A little silly to use a out of production totl bud and a currently made $150~ mod for youtube and movies!

There are plenty of sub $10 buds that are really equally competent especially at non music. Remax 303 or qian39 for example.

Ty 650 is great if you like a laid back and neutral sound

Seahf 650 is better if you like a little kick in the sound.

Agreed. Those earbuds are overkill for movies and TV. For watching streamed content the audio is usually compressed significantly. Any budget bud is adequate and a mechanical volume control like the one made by koss is highly desirable.

Apr 1, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #19,315 of 75,542
I was looking for a all around bud, both for movies and tv and for music, but in your opinion a budget bud like monk+ or qian39 will be good enough for tv?

they're both good enough for me for music much of the time, and i am very picky, so yes they're good for tv :)

but i won't recommend monk for tv, as i think it makes vocals without music present sound a little weird. i would lean towards qian39, she3800, something like that... don't be fooled by the low prices.

I love my seahf 650 but when people say it needs some SERIOUS amping they ain't lying. It is just a bad choice for TV if not only because of the price but also because they just can't get loud enough without an amp most sources.

Apr 1, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #19,318 of 75,542
Honestly I'm not entirely unopposed to using more expensive earbuds for movies if you have them.  For kind of mid to upper cost, I like the Maysa due to a reasonable bass and great vocals, making it a very engaging experience.  For budget range I've been using Mantis Q6, although I need to find something for them for a better seal, as they use the earpod design.

Apr 1, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #19,319 of 75,542
idk... why not use TOTL earbuds for movies? esp... considering how much some people invest in home theater setups. Some movies have great sound design also or hinge around their soundtrack like Arrival.

Actually I was just remembering Audio Technica CM707 and it might be cool for movies, Of the earbuds I've had it's the one that made me feel like sounds were sometimes coming from outside the earbud the most, I remember that catching me off guard occasionally while playing some games with positional audio, though IIRC it's a little bass light compared to Asura 2 I'm using now.

Apr 1, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #19,320 of 75,542
Ok... Am officially confused as to what headphones to use for tv and movies... I understand that high end buds are for music... Need budget buds for movies, but which ones are tge best for that purpose? Monks are no good for that? Qian39 are ok? Something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back