Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 11, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #18,796 of 75,317
  That would be like lumping all earbuds with MX500 shells as being similar. There are so many variables... and the **** and 1More clearly have different bodies, even made from different materials.

Okay, you're right... should I still give the 1More Piston a chance? Can it hold its own? 

I'll give a vague response… I haven't heard the EO320, but personally I'd give it a chance because I feel very positive about 1MORE. I have their E1008 earbud and Triple Driver IEM and like both of them a lot, and it gives me confidence about trying out other items in their product line.

Mar 12, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #18,797 of 75,317
need a new pair of iems. budget around $50 and i've used in the past: vsonic vsd3s (first generation with the removable cables), alpha+delta d2, kz ates. and my favourite has to go to the vsonics vsd3s. i enjoy listening to rock, jrock, pop, hip hop. should I Get the vsonic vsd3 new? I read the vsonic vsd3p is not that great.

I really interesting in vsd3p too, does anyone tried?

Mar 12, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #18,798 of 75,317
Can you give me some names of earbuds based on this characteristics/reviews:
Sound is all-arounder, very even and balanced across the spectrum. Bass is fast and very detailed, its amount is just right. Mids are just slightly forward. Voices are nicely detailed with no touch of sibilance. Imaging is terrific: instruments has bodies and positions, soundstage is 3D and deep, the whole sound has a great integrity itself as well as a nice joint to surroundings. OK2 combines technical competence with fun and soul, providing you with accurate reproduction of the music itself and the emotions the music carries.
It has a very detailed, fast sound. Textures sound great on it.
Instrument separation and positioning, soundstage and decays are also very good.
I would say it is a very analytical bud.
Budget until around 100 Eur.

:)

Any opinion?

Mar 12, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #18,800 of 75,317
Seahf 650? I'm not an expert about soundstage but they are very detailed with great extension and you can have them for less than 100 with headfi discount. Neutral on the bright side, need powerful source to shine. Drawback is they are not as musical as upper priced models but depending on what you listen this may be not a problem.

Imo i let asura 2 go because i barely used them. Not enough bass for me. If you mostly care about vocals they are excellent though.

Mar 12, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #18,801 of 75,317
I really interesting in vsd3p too, does anyone tried?

I was really hoping to like this as I absolutely loved the VSD3, but honestly felt a little underwhelmed.  For the price, I prefer the MM Tomahawk.  It's been a little bit since I've listened to it, so can't give a quick rundown of the sound.

Mar 12, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #18,802 of 75,317
I was really hoping to like this as I absolutely loved the VSD3, but honestly felt a little underwhelmed.  For the price, I prefer the MM Tomahawk.  It's been a little bit since I've listened to it, so can't give a quick rundown of the sound.

Thank you, I have to remove from my listed. For Tomahawk, I don't like it, feel like unnatural.

Mar 12, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #18,803 of 75,317
Just a quick message to say that I'm loving my K's 500 :). This is my only high end bud, but yeah, really love them. I only use them in the house, with either S4 (rooted with custom kernel for better audio) or on my laptop. They're driven just fine, though I think I notice a bit more ease and briskness on the laptop (especially way down low). But either combo is not at a loss for anything.. They bring lots more detail than what I had so far, and these are the first buds that truly give me this open full headphones kind of experience (whilst being much more comfortable imo). Normally I EQ quite a bit to bring (mostly sub) bass up, I like to feel a good presence there as long as it doesn't overpower the other freq's, makes the sound more alive and puts me more in the middle of it for my taste. The K's have a beautiful tuning and balance between frequencies on their own I find, extension is really good on both ends and so far I found the bass never comes across as strained or lacking in speed. Actually, all the freqs sound 'fast' / brisk, very responsive, which contributes to it not muddying details - it's very resolving and I find many more details that I lack with my other stuff (admittedly not as high end). I'm glad I cancelled my PM4 preorder and got this instead, I really prefer the sound and type of presentation earbuds can give over IEMS nowadays. On my laptop, not using any EQ, it really feels like a good room with very nice speakers are lodged into my ear (though it's a lot more comfortable than that sounds LOL ! ). I look forward owning a power source with balance 3.5 out to experience these even better in the future, hopefully. But yes, I'm very pleased - a big step up in price compared to the budget buds, but the sound is really of another level too. I also really like the cable. I had expected the opposite looking at pictures. Wearing them down and moving around you do get some microphonics, but as I listen overear and usually in the house I had no problem with this. The cable is really flexible and curls around my ear perfectly for overear listening, just to give you an idea, Monk v1 and Monk+ cable (I suppose most people know these buds and cable) are stiffer than this cable !

Mar 12, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #18,804 of 75,317
So I drafted my earbuds comparison list in Google Docs (because Head-Fi's list feature sucks...). Obviously I got lazy half-way through. Will update later with better descriptions. I just did all these from memory.

Also, what is a good song to test imaging? Not sure how good I am in determining that.

Mar 12, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #18,805 of 75,317
So I drafted my earbuds comparison list in Google Docs (because Head-Fi's list feature sucks...). Obviously I got lazy half-way through. Will update later with better descriptions. I just did all these from memory.

Also, what is a good song to test imaging? Not sure how good I am in determining that.

Great write-up!
I get the impression that mojito is more detailed and spacious than Campfred, is that right?

Mar 13, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #18,808 of 75,317
Big thanks to @rudi0504 and @Cyperus on Sunday at CanJam Singapore I got to listen to QFred, CampFred (both balanced and single ended), Blue Dart and the CampFred 2. Gonna say I am mighty impressed. While it is only a brief listening, it is easy to tell they are Contender / Champion material.

p/s: Tried @rudi0504 Zen 2 Black with VE's full balanced portable amp as well, and it is also an excellent setup abide it is more transportable than portable

Mar 13, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #18,809 of 75,317
Big thanks to @rudi0504
and @Cyperus
on Sunday at CanJam Singapore I got to listen to QFred, CampFred (both balanced and single ended), Blue Dart and the CampFred 2. Gonna say I am mighty impressed. While it is only a brief listening, it is easy to tell they are Contender / Champion material.

p/s: Tried @rudi0504
Zen 2 Black with VE's full balanced portable amp as well, and it is also an excellent setup abide it is more transportable than portable

Blue Dart impression?

Mar 13, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #18,810 of 75,317
Big thanks to @rudi0504
and @Cyperus
on Sunday at CanJam Singapore I got to listen to QFred, CampFred (both balanced and single ended), Blue Dart and the CampFred 2. Gonna say I am mighty impressed. While it is only a brief listening, it is easy to tell they are Contender / Champion material.

p/s: Tried @rudi0504
Zen 2 Black with VE's full balanced portable amp as well, and it is also an excellent setup abide it is more transportable than portable
wow I wish I was there. :sweat_smile::joy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back