Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 9, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #18,721 of 75,329
  Buy the stock 180, add a rhodium plug or gold plug for 90% of the edimun v3 sound.

Red demun is a little harder to approximate. takes more than a plug swap to get most of the way there

Gonna make a youtube on how to be good at earbud DIY after I get a little less busy. The whole industry of DIY makers relies on keeping the whole process secret as if it's so mystikal. I'd show any of you willing to pick up a soldering iron what's good and people will still hit me up 
wink.gif

got any links to the rhodium plug or gold plug that you would suggest for that?

Mar 9, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #18,722 of 75,329
Buy the stock 180, add a rhodium plug or gold plug for 90% of the edimun v3 sound.

Red demun is a little harder to approximate. takes more than a plug swap to get most of the way there

Gonna make a youtube on how to be good at earbud DIY after I get a little less busy. The whole industry of DIY makers relies on keeping the whole process secret as if it's so mystikal. I'd show any of you willing to pick up a soldering iron what's good and people will still hit me up :wink:

i'm curious is there a way to make the plug on the edimun hot swappable between the gold one and the rhodium, so we can get two character sound in one earbud. oddly enough, nowadays my go-to all arounder earbuds are the edimun and the blox b200. the others are great, but seem specialized compared to the blox and edimun

Mar 9, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #18,724 of 75,329

got any links to the rhodium plug or gold plug that you would suggest for that?

I am a big fan of neutrik myself and the rhodiums you can pay $15 for an Eidolic. However the aliexpress ones are fine too. Neutrik is good stuff if you want gold or whatever.

i'm curious is there a way to make the plug on the edimun hot swappable between the gold one and the rhodium, so we can get two character sound in one earbud. oddly enough, nowadays my go-to all arounder earbuds are the edimun and the blox b200. the others are great, but seem specialized compared to the blox and edimun

Probably I would suggest you re-terminate to quick disconnects but then it becomes difficult because at some point one of those connectors will be made of some kind of material.... there is no easy way really aside from picking one you like more?

Mar 9, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #18,725 of 75,329
  I am a big fan of neutrik myself and the rhodiums you can pay $15 for an Eidolic. However the aliexpress ones are fine too. Neutrik is good stuff if you want gold or whatever.

Probably I would suggest you re-terminate to quick disconnects but then it becomes difficult because at some point one of those connectors will be made of some kind of material.... there is no easy way really aside from picking one you like more?

Buy two edimuns?  
wink_face.gif

Mar 9, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #18,726 of 75,329

true that. i will be on the lookout for edimun gold then :D

Mar 10, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #18,727 of 75,329

I'm glad to hear you found what you're looking for, and for a much better price than some of those other $200 ear buds. :wink:

Mar 10, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #18,728 of 75,329
The h180 gets more love, especially since it is the base for the edimun mod.

The 180 can be found for $7-8 with epacket shipping, just in case the edifier store doesn't have epacket.

H180 in the basket!

I live in Mauritius.. so no ePacket! For me SG post is the fastest, followed by NL, HK and somewhere far away.. CN post.

Am waiting for:

She3800
UiiSii U2
1more EO320

Just got my (lost for months) e808+, its very nice! Now my fav nite time buds.. Listening to the older infected mushroom albums!

Mar 10, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #18,729 of 75,329
Nice to see a fellow Mauritian here! Thought I was the only one for the past 12 years or so 
biggrin.gif
. I've had the H180 for more than 2 years but just recently decided to recable (ordered some braided cable last week). They are already impressive and always thought the drivers had a lot of potential.

P.S. Just realised that you said you 'live in Mauritius' not that you're mauritian - my bad. Anyway we share the same perks with respect to ordering audio gears online 
beerchug.gif

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #18,730 of 75,329
Nice to see a fellow Mauritian here! Thought I was the only one for the past 12 years or so :D . I've had the H180 for more than 2 years but just recently decided to recable (ordered some braided cable last week). They are already impressive and always thought the drivers had a lot of potential.

P.S. Just realised that you said you 'live in Mauritius' not that you're mauritian - my bad. Anyway we share the same perks with respect to ordering audio gears online :beerchug: .

Haha i am Mauritian :) and live in Mauritius too :p

I am still plodding through the budget picks untill I find my preferred earbud signature.. For IEMs I have already found (my) endgame in the LZ-A4

@akash - You should try the LZ-A4.. Its a open back vented design and doesnt have the usual IEM vacumn feel..

Mar 10, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #18,731 of 75,329
Dietris is really nice. If Shozy BK is like a concert hall-like(not an opera hall, though), this one is like an old smoked through'n'through bar with spotlight for a band. Not so much of revealing,some details are missing, but it is so neat that you don't give a damn. 

Comfy is what they are.

For those who chase not the best details and clarity for auditioning, but the best buds for work - consider this as an option. Zero sibilance, zero-fatigue and nice warm sound overall. Treble is a bit rolled off, bass is sometimes too gentle( i mean the impact, not the quantity - quantity is just right), but overall it is a splendid earbud, especially given a reasonable pricing.

Finally I have something to compare K's 300 with. Hopefully, I can finish the comparison of K's line-up this weekend.
Meanwhile, I learned that there is one more K's that is present only on Tao - K's 150.

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #18,732 of 75,329
  Dietris is really nice. If Shozy BK is like a concert hall-like(not an opera hall, though), this one is like an old smoked through'n'through bar with spotlight for a band. Not so much of revealing,some details are missing, but it is so neat that you don't give a damn. 

Comfy is what they are.

For those who chase not the best details and clarity for auditioning, but the best buds for work - consider this as an option. Zero sibilance, zero-fatigue and nice warm sound overall. Treble is a bit rolled off, bass is sometimes too gentle( i mean the impact, not the quantity - quantity is just right), but overall it is a splendid earbud, especially given a reasonable pricing.

Finally I have something to compare K's 300 with. Hopefully, I can finish the comparison of K's line-up this weekend.
Meanwhile, I learned that there is one more K's that is present only on Tao - K's 150.

That is exactly how I'd describe the Monk+.

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #18,734 of 75,329
H180 in the basket!

I live in Mauritius.. so no ePacket! For me SG post is the fastest, followed by NL, HK and somewhere far away.. CN post.

Am waiting for:

She3800
UiiSii S2
1more EO320

Just got my (lost for months) e808+, its very nice! Now my fav nite time buds.. Listening to the older infected mushroom albums!

Can you pls share link of UiiSii S2? 

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #18,735 of 75,329

Comfy is what they are.

White or Black Dietris?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back