Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 5, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #15,946 of 75,869
Can I ask which one is the 3.5mm ? I'm confuse as there is two option to choose and it doesn't say why one cost more or less. So the $159 is? & $143? 

If you click on the options you will see one says normal (3.5mm) and one says balanced (2.5mm).

--

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #15,947 of 75,869
  Out of two one is standard 3.5 mm and another one balanced 2.5mm .Balanced one cost $159.

Thanks.

If you click on the options you will see one says normal (3.5mm) and one says balanced (2.5mm).

--

I have to hover my mouse over to get "Normal and Balance" to show up. Sorry I'm new to this site. I'm really reallly Looking forward to your thoughts on these. especially with such a BOLD claim to kicking the K3003 & IE800's ass.  

Thanks.

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #15,948 of 75,869
  Unbalanced
https://aliexpress.com/item/Hot-K-s-Earphone-500-ohm-Balanced-High-Impedance-In-Ear-Earphone-Earbud-500-ohms-Earbud/32751502658.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.0.ufTl7N

Balanced
https://aliexpress.com/item/New-K-s-Earphone-500-ohm-2-5mm-Balanced-Plug-High-Impedance-In-Ear-Earphone-Earbud/32779007786.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.0.ufTl7N

Yes, I knew. In conclusion, there are total 4 models of K's Earphone. But there is no detail about cable material among of them. I just saw some pics from japanese guys in twitter said that the cable of 2.5mm model is more flexible than 3.5 version. Also, I really curious about version I and II. Do they just change only color of their jack barrels?

Jan 6, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #15,949 of 75,869
Also, I really curious about version I and II. Do they just change only color of their jack barrels?

As I remember now, the only place I saw info about v1 and v2 is there and on taobaocart some time ago.
http://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?spm=0.0.0.0&id=534582316342

Translation
V1:monocristal copper taiwanese cable or plug :D
V2: bigger or more wires silver plated copper
Different plugs.
That's what advertised.
I went for v2 without much hesitation.

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #15,953 of 75,869
  Would love to hear your thoughts on Fareal 64 and compared to **** pt15, qian39, monk plus. I have Fareal 64 but I want to see if my ears are working. :)

Fareal seems to be clumsy. I am trying different genres of music with them - the stage is always kinda small, while the details ar more or less ok. The bass is here, but not something to be hyped about. The treble is also not so bad. 
I guess they may be described as mediocre. They are not bad at any part of the range, but the staging ruins it all imo.
For reference - I have a clear+black cable version.

PT-15 are more specific ones. For me the first task was to tame that insane treble peak when listening to violins. So copper cable and VE foams made it ok. Currently it is my  pick for classical music. The bass and mids are ok on this one, but it is staging, details and treble extension that makes it fancy.

Qian 39 compared to Fareal is more warm, a bit more laid-back, generally less balanced, with a shift to bassy side, but it is fun. Qian's sig is fun. It isn't neutral, it is not for analythical listening imo.

Monk Plus - well, despite the fact that these were my introduction to earbud world they barely get any use. They are focused on bringing in the wow-factor to person not expecting it. And they mostly succeed in it utilising its kit - good staging and very decent instrument separation, while lacking tonal balance overall.

Talking about Colorad - well, first thing I should note is the kit - leather clip + foams in a very nice box makes it really neat. The cable is same as on 32S by TY. I started to think that this is the superb listening experience until I noticed one peak - somewheere in high-hats or plates area. It surely is small in width but it brings some unwanted noises in some tracks where u least expect it to. For me it was not so many tracks, around 3 out of 40. What I should note about these red devils is the speed of response - they are one of the fastest-decaying ones that I heard of. Due to this and abscence of high-hats in most of the tracks - these ones are good for glitch, techno, electro and so on. Add to it the very punchy clean bass, decent separation, good mids( not outstanding though). Oh, yeah and the staging is good too, but again, nothing outstanding. 
For peak example if you listen to Diana Krall's "Cry me a river" you will hear the sandy (pouring sound-like) sound up in your face.

Anyway, for Colorad and Fareal these are day one impressions, I will try some burn in on them.

Regarding TP-16 - I spent about half-hour comparing the old and new versions and I have to admit that even if there is a difference it should be very small. The housings now look like that:

EDIT: compared Ty-32 to C-01. They are almost identical. The difference is really slim. No point buying C-01.

Somehow I put 32 to burn in and forget to listen to them afterwards. I feel dumb =/ Same peak, same decay speed.

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #15,955 of 75,869
  Whew!!!!  I JUST finished my review of seven TY Hi-Z Earbuds: 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/831374/introduction-to-ty-hi-z-earbud-family-mega-review

--

It seems K's 500 Ohm resolution is the winner. Between K's 500 Ohm and PS100-600 Ohm, which one has louder sound (?more sensitivity?) at the same volume setting?

Jan 6, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #15,956 of 75,869
  It seems K's 500 Ohm resolution is the winner. Between K's 500 Ohm and PS100-600 Ohm, which one has louder sound (?more sensitivity?) at the same volume setting?

I'll have to let you know when my PS100-600 arrives.  Also, I should have the PS100-500 coming as well, which I hear from the maker sounds very much like the K's 500.

--

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #15,957 of 75,869

I'm not a fan of the RX-1 but there definitely should not be a problem with clarity which is excellent, especially in the mids and highs (it lacks bass IMO). I don't remember them changing much after use although I don't do dedicated burn-in. Without knowing Earpods I can't compare but it sounds as though your RX-1 might be faulty as mine handle complex music well.

After a little more listening, the clarity is somewhat better than the Earpods but lack the "warmth" of them and the bass isn't quite as good either, though I suppose the latter could be the fact that the design of Earpods create a better seal.

I'm starting to wonder how the much vaunted Monk+ compares to the RX-1 in terms of clarity and bass.

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #15,958 of 75,869

I'm not a fan of the RX-1 but there definitely should not be a problem with clarity which is excellent, especially in the mids and highs (it lacks bass IMO). I don't remember them changing much after use although I don't do dedicated burn-in. Without knowing Earpods I can't compare but it sounds as though your RX-1 might be faulty as mine handle complex music well.

After a little more listening, the clarity is somewhat better than the Earpods but lack the "warmth" of them and the bass isn't quite as good either, though I suppose the latter could be the fact that the design of Earpods create a better seal.

I'm starting to wonder how the much vaunted Monk+ compares to the RX-1 in terms of clarity and bass.

If bass is important then there are better options, eg Qian39, TY Hi-Z 32, Sony E808+ (my favourite after lots of use/burn-in). All have good clarity and soundstage as well IMO.

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #15,959 of 75,869
  Fareal seems to be clumsy. I am trying different genres of music with them - the stage is always kinda small, while the details ar more or less ok. The bass is here, but not something to be hyped about. The treble is also not so bad. 
I guess they may be described as mediocre. They are not bad at any part of the range, but the staging ruins it all imo.
For reference - I have a clear+black cable version.

PT-15 are more specific ones. For me the first task was to tame that insane treble peak when listening to violins. So copper cable and VE foams made it ok. Currently it is my  pick for classical music. The bass and mids are ok on this one, but it is staging, details and treble extension that makes it fancy.

Qian 39 compared to Fareal is more warm, a bit more laid-back, generally less balanced, with a shift to bassy side, but it is fun. Qian's sig is fun. It isn't neutral, it is not for analythical listening imo.

Monk Plus - well, despite the fact that these were my introduction to earbud world they barely get any use. They are focused on bringing in the wow-factor to person not expecting it. And they mostly succeed in it utilising its kit - good staging and very decent instrument separation, while lacking tonal balance overall.

Talking about Colorad - well, first thing I should note is the kit - leather clip + foams in a very nice box makes it really neat. The cable is same as on 32S by TY. I started to think that this is the superb listening experience until I noticed one peak - somewheere in high-hats or plates area. It surely is small in width but it brings some unwanted noises in some tracks where u least expect it to. For me it was not so many tracks, around 3 out of 40. What I should note about these red devils is the speed of response - they are one of the fastest-decaying ones that I heard of. Due to this and abscence of high-hats in most of the tracks - these ones are good for glitch, techno, electro and so on. Add to it the very punchy clean bass, decent separation, good mids( not outstanding though). Oh, yeah and the staging is good too, but again, nothing outstanding. 
For peak example if you listen to Diana Krall's "Cry me a river" you will hear the sandy (pouring sound-like) sound up in your face.

Anyway, for Colorad and Fareal these are day one impressions, I will try some burn in on them.

Regarding TP-16 - I spent about half-hour comparing the old and new versions and I have to admit that even if there is a difference it should be very small. The housings now look like that:

EDIT: compared Ty-32 to C-01. They are almost identical. The difference is really slim. No point buying C-01.

Somehow I put 32 to burn in and forget to listen to them afterwards. I feel dumb =/ Same peak, same decay speed.

Nice, very detailed response, thanks!

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #15,960 of 75,869
ClieOS, can you elaborate on why you put the AuGlamour RX-1 in Category 2?  What did you like about them and what music genres sound good with them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back