Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 15, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #15,331 of 75,320
So I have had my Rose Masyas for a while now and they keep sounding better and better every time i listen to them.  Its almost like they are not even earbuds anymore but something of their own class. The only earbuds i really have left that i want to try are the shozy stardusts but i dont know if they will be this good though how could they be?  

Now the Masya is an amazing earbud but i want to make it clear i have EQed mine because stock they lack bass and highs tend to be a little overwhelming stock.  But these EQ very well and once EQed to your liking they will not disappoint.  There is just something about them that just makes you want to sit and listen to them for extended periods. 

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #15,332 of 75,320
Does anybody like the Philips SHE3800? I received one but the right side is defective. So I am listening with only the left side and the bass has a weird rumble and the sound is quite thin.

Dec 15, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #15,334 of 75,320
I bought my first pair of earbuds,the Auglamour RX-1. I have been curious about earbuds and only chose the RX-1 because I am a Auglamour fanboy. The R8 is my flagship and the RS-1 was for jazz until I bought the RX-1. The RX-1 sounds good but earbuds in general are a one trick pony for me. I prefer an IEM that seals for punchy bass.

Dec 15, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #15,335 of 75,320
  I bought my first pair of earbuds,the Auglamour RX-1. I have been curious about earbuds and only chose the RX-1 because I am a Auglamour fanboy. The R8 is my flagship and the RS-1 was for jazz until I bought the RX-1. The RX-1 sounds good but earbuds in general are a one trick pony for me. I prefer an IEM that seals for punchy bass.

If you crave for bass, go for the TY HiZ 32 ohms. No it doesn't seal any better, but soundstage is nice. Bass you ask? AS GOOD AS closed, sealed IEMs. Oh yes baby. You won't believe the bass on those things (I was like, can open, leaky earbuds even do that, still)?

Ans: Yes they can.

Dec 15, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #15,336 of 75,320

If you crave for bass, go for the TY HiZ 32 ohms. No it doesn't seal any better, but soundstage is nice. Bass you ask? AS GOOD AS closed, sealed IEMs. Oh yes baby. You won't believe the bass on those things (I was like, can open, leaky earbuds even do that, still)?

I don't agree with a single statement here
confused.gif
 AT Khan has not tried the Qian39 or E808+ which I am assuming based on the opinions expressed... and not even my extra bass modded Qian39 can not come close to what a sealed IEM can do. Well, depends on the IEM you are comparing it to as well I guess... I don't think it's even possible to hear a E808+ or Q39 and think the TY 32 still has big bass.

@Majin The SHE3800 is great but when I bought mine I bought three because it had been mentioned here several times by other people that they were kinda of a crapshoot as to whether they'd be good or not. I guess some got ones with one side not working like yours, or otherwise sounding less than ideal. I bought 3, opened 2 both of which sound good, and one is still sealed, so hoping that one isn't bad. But if it is, it's probably more likely the cable being badly attached than the driver being bad, just because the wire hooking these earbuds up is so crazy thin.

Dec 15, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #15,337 of 75,320

I don't agree with a single statement here
confused.gif
 AT Khan has not tried the Qian39 or E808+ which I am assuming based on the opinions expressed... and not even my extra bass modded Qian39 can not come close to what a sealed IEM can do. Well, depends on the IEM you are comparing it to as well I guess... I don't think it's even possible to hear a E808+ or Q39 and think the TY 32 still has big bass.

@Majin The SHE3800 is great but when I bought mine I bought three because it had been mentioned here several times by other people that they were kinda of a crapshoot as to whether they'd be good or not. I guess some got ones with one side not working like yours, or otherwise sounding less than ideal. I bought 3, opened 2 both of which sound good, and one is still sealed, so hoping that one isn't bad. But if it is, it's probably more likely the cable being badly attached than the driver being bad, just because the wire hooking these earbuds up is so crazy thin.

Hmmm well you have more experience and may no more. To me, the TY certainly outsmarts my V-Moda Bass Freq Metal (sealed IEMs) in every way, including (to my surprise) bass. Maybe you're talking about other, BETTER IEMs, in which case I take back what I said.

Dec 15, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #15,338 of 75,320
Despite what others have said I've put in an order for the E1008, I suppose at least the build and design will appeal to me even if the sound quality isn't quite what I'm looking for (I have the Shozy Stardust for that anyway). I'll write up a review shortly after I get them in with plenty of comparisons to the Shozy Cygnus which I believe to be one of the most relevant contenders at the same price. I needed an earbud with remote functionality and, despite having some experience with recabling and cable making, I'm not quite willing to butcher my Cygnus just yet, the stock cable is just too nice! 

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #15,339 of 75,320
While they might not make the best sounding earbuds around, 1MORE does have an excellent reputation of build quality.

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #15,340 of 75,320
Been out of this earbud game quite some time.
Whats the best earbud now.

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #15,341 of 75,320
Haven't you had enough different gear to know there's never one best option for anything? 
redface.gif
 Maybe we can help you with a little more specificity.

So just dove into the world of earbuds with the Shozy Stardust. I've not used anything prior, not even the famed apple ear buds/pods. Hope the results are what I predict, extensively vented iems like the Sony MDR EX series.

I always thought the 7550/800st had some tonal similarities to the Cygnus but the Cygnus was a bit less  extended. One day I might pass along my Cygnus to a friend if I'm the mood to drop $ on some new buds, and already got myself a set of Cypheruses.

@Danneq - I know this isn't the Cypherus thread but feels appropriate to ask here. Now that you've had some good time with all 3 Cypherus buds... how are you finding the QFred vs CampFred directly from various DAPs you've been using? Anything you've been listening to for reference is great. I'm especially interested to know how the QFred does with bass depth on your more powerful DAPs, or anything you're EQing the bass up a bit on. sorry for the detailed Q? 
tongue.gif

Dec 16, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #15,343 of 75,320
found some earbuds at a local thrift store

with a bit of searching, I found that they look like old sony but it doesn't say sony anywhere on them

instead, it either says mii or iiw depending on how you look at it

the cable is thin and stiff with a lot of memory to the wire,

I tried to measure them and saw that left and right earbud were very different, the left was more flat and the right has a peak at about 3Khz and a dip after, 

after cleanig them a bit I tried them and it was obvious that the right was a bit more louder than the left

they only cost $1.5 so I don't regret it. its just a part of the risk of buying at a thrift shop

Dec 16, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #15,344 of 75,320
  While they might not make the best sounding earbuds around, 1MORE does have an excellent reputation of build quality.

Still open for debate if there exists anything like "the best sounding earbud" in the first place.....

Dec 16, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #15,345 of 75,320
Does anyone make a bluetooth earbud?   I don't want in ear and that's all I can find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back