Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 29, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #14,656 of 75,433
  BTW, saw this randomly on Aliexpress, anyone want to take a go at it?  They cost about $19 USD. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-In-Ear-Earphones-Stereo-Noise-Cancelling-Ear-Buds-Diy-Mp3-Auriculares-3-5mm-Ecouteurs-Wired/32717264953.html
--

@Danneq has them:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/441400/earbuds-round-up/11565#post_12917828

Edit: Beaten to it.

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #14,657 of 75,433

Ha!  Awesome, I must have missed those posts.  Thanks for the info.  They look very interesting.  

Though I have the K's 500 and HE 150ohm on route, so I will hold off on these for right now.  

--

Nov 29, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #14,658 of 75,433
  anybody have link for seahf 32 ohm ? cant find them anywhere ? are they discountinued ?

Don't buy; it unless you want to use the (very nice) silver cable on another bud. They sound like razor blades.

(My; keyboard is broken so I apologize if there are ;'s I am not catching)

Nov 29, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #14,659 of 75,433
  Don't buy; it unless you want to use the (very nice) silver cable on another bud. They sound like razor blades.

(My; keyboard is broken so I apologize if there are ;'s I am not catching)

Damn. Ordered a pair this morning. Oh well. That cable is nice. Reminds me of the original VE Zen's one...

Nov 29, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #14,660 of 75,433

Damn. Ordered a pair this morning. Oh well. That cable is nice. Reminds me of the original VE Zen's one...

The Seahf 32 Silver can be tricky at first because they are very resolving and they do exhibit a peak in the highs.
But proper burn in and a little EQ produce wonders straight out of an iphone (shozy Cygnus league imo, not the same but as enjoyable)

They offer really good bass (textured, articulate, bleed-free), very neutral and transparent mediums, with extended details and nice sizzling... coherent soundstage, very good instrument separation, resolution, and sense of space.
They really makes the Monk + sound loose, wooly, and poor in comparison.

They also sound great with Supermini player, great match.

Nov 29, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #14,661 of 75,433

The Seahf 32 Silver can be tricky at first because they are very resolving and they do exhibit a peak in the highs.
But proper burn in and a little EQ produce wonders straight out of an iphone (shozy Cygnus league imo, not the same but as enjoyable)

They offer really good bass (textured, articulate, bleed-free), very neutral and transparent mediums, with extended details and nice sizzling... coherent soundstage, very good instrument separation, resolution, and sense of space.
They really makes the Monk + sound loose, wooly, and poor in comparison.

They also sound great with Supermini player, great match.

Good to hear. I'll give them a fair try when they come in. I like articulate as opposed to excessive bass...

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #14,662 of 75,433
This might be totally nonsenical, but anyone with Stardust notice that exaggerated "TTTTTK" kind of sound, like kind of a vocal detail thing? Seems to be the precise frequency to make my skin crawl lol.

I thought I was warming up to new signatures but this is a really odd one to me... gonna need to give it a little while, not sure my ears will adapt this far though. :ph34r:

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #14,663 of 75,433
This might be totally nonsenical, but anyone with Stardust notice that exaggerated "TTTTTK" kind of sound, like kind of a vocal detail thing? Seems to be the precise frequency to make my skin crawl lol.

I thought I was warming up to new signatures but this is a really odd one to me... gonna need to give it a little while, not sure my ears will adapt this far though. :ph34r:
How many hours of burn in do you have

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #14,664 of 75,433
How many hours of burn in do you have

Well.. about 8 hours of listening if that counts :rolleyes:
I saw your post suggesting 100, might as well try it.

Do you notice that sound character I mentioned?

Nov 30, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #14,666 of 75,433
Do you mean hiss in the midrange

that might be one way to describe it... idk that the frequency(ies) itself is in the midrange but it's definitely kind of a 'texture' to those notes, not like breathiness though, I said "TTTTK" because it's a little similar to blowing air through the teeth when making a 't' sound, or the hard stops when making a 'k' sound.

Nov 30, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #14,667 of 75,433
got me Stardust in... thanks for the heads-up @kurtextrem they probably would have sat in my box for another week or two before I checked it
beerchug.gif

really like these shells (yuin-type right?), probably the most comfortable but secure buds I've tried so far

You're welcome! Yeah the Yuin shell is the reason why I've settled on the Stardust. Nothing can beat its comfort :)

Nov 30, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #14,668 of 75,433
Hahaha, I was trying to find a picture of how Mr Kandela  (the Demun Cables guy)'s method for painting earbud shells. Couldn't find it, but saw he tacked the HPM 64 long ago.  :)

Must have been just okay because everything after that is Edified based. haha!

Nov 30, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #14,669 of 75,433
Just got **** pt15s. Boy do they stink. Way too much high end. Hopefully reshelling them helps, but i honestly doubt it

Qian 39, good base, not ultra detailed but i might say it beats the monk, will compare more later.

Boarseman mx98, amazing. The bass is just right and so is the rest. Not boomy bass, perfect.

Yuin pk2, not great full bass sound, but still something silky about sound, special place in my heart as first modern dsy bud i liked.

Faaeal 64 ohm, not into.

Yuin pk3 , similar to pk2, slightly more aggresive msybe, less silky... shockingly similar to yuin pk2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back