Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 25, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #14,521 of 75,380
The advice for VE black editions should be taken with a grain of salt as nearly nobody in this thread owns a black edition Zen let alone a black edition Asura, which I didn't even know existed. Do you own a black edition Asura and can post a pic of it, @mochill

Even impressions of the black Zen 2.0 from people who upgraded from a plain Zen 2 to it are extremely few and far between. We all know mochill thinks it is the best earbud since sliced bread but I have seen maybe 2 impressions of the Black zen 2 from previous plain zen 2 owners.

Black edition Asura 2.0 doesn't seem to be on the veclan site. Would like to see one if it is possible to have one made, and how much it costs. The Asura 2.0 is in the Cygnus' league, IMO.
yes, he has both, and they are for sale on Taobao :sunglasses:

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #14,523 of 75,380
The advice for VE black editions should be taken with a grain of salt as nearly nobody in this thread owns a black edition Zen let alone a black edition Asura, which I didn't even know existed. Do you own a black edition Asura and can post a pic of it, @mochill

Even impressions of the black Zen 2.0 from people who upgraded from a plain Zen 2 to it are extremely few and far between. We all know mochill thinks it is the best earbud since sliced bread but I have seen maybe 2 impressions of the Black zen 2 from previous plain zen 2 owners.

Black edition Asura 2.0 doesn't seem to be on the veclan site. Would like to see one if it is possible to have one made, and how much it costs. The Asura 2.0 is in the Cygnus' league, IMO.

Also remember Zen 2 in general is a bitch to drive.

I personally believe Zen 2 is better than Stardust in terms of sound quality. But the fact that you need an amp and the lack of comfort in Zen 2 to my ears makes me go to Stardust as my daily driver insteadm

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #14,524 of 75,380
Also remember Zen 2 in general is a b**** to drive.

I personally believe Zen 2 is better than Stardust in terms of sound quality. But the fact that you need an amp and the lack of comfort in Zen 2 to my ears makes me go to Stardust as my daily driver insteadm

Yes it is, and wow, I am surprised to hear that the Stardust could not beat the Zen 2 for you bro. I hope it is at least closer of a gap than the Cygnus and Zen? they are kind of different sound signatures, but i understand.

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #14,525 of 75,380
I wonder how much it would cost to buy 20feet of Cardas 26 gauge litz & an Oyaide connector. DIY Black Edition... actually i'd proably need 4 or 5 times that as bad as I am at soldering tiny stuff :ph34r:

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #14,526 of 75,380
Yes it is, and wow, I am surprised to hear that the Stardust could not beat the Zen 2 for you bro. I hope it is at least closer of a gap than the Cygnus and Zen? they are kind of different sound signatures, but i understand.

I meam based on my sonic memory, Zen 2 was probably better than Stardust. I only just got Stardust today and have to do some burn in and A/B testing to mKe a final decision.

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #14,527 of 75,380
I wonder how much it would cost to buy 20feet of Cardas 26 gauge litz & an Oyaide connector. DIY Black Edition... actually i'd proably need 4 or 5 times that as bad as I am at soldering tiny stuff
ph34r.gif

Then I would at least not have to ship it back overseas as well. I should probably do it though. Although Cardas is a huge pain to find so maybe I'd finally buy some nucleotide and learn to braid it so it looks good myself.

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #14,531 of 75,380
Add me on Facebook and then you can see pics for my collection if you don't trust me:fearful:

I don't have facebook, and just wanted to see a picture of a black asura 2.0 if it exists. It is not a big deal. I can see they exist from Golov's screenshot but   I did not know if that was an official VE store or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back