Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 20, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #14,356 of 75,538
  About a week with the SHE3800 and I can't not admit these are really, really exceptional for the price. They are in the Q39's league when it comes to bass. I have no major complaints...

If only you'd got the Hi-Z 32 v1 when it was available - deeper bass than the SHE or Q39! :wink:

Nov 20, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #14,357 of 75,538
  About a week with the SHE3800 and I can't not admit these are really, really exceptional for the price. They are in the Q39's league when it comes to bass. I have no major complaints...

If only you'd got the Hi-Z 32 v1 when it was available - deeper bass than the SHE or Q39!
wink.gif

Nov 20, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #14,359 of 75,538
I recabled the cheap ear buds that came with my Agptek m20. I really like these things...would love to be able to buy more. Wish I could find some without buying another dap lol. Granted the dap was only 25 USD...

I'm guessing they aren't legit MX 365 as the cheapest those seem to sell for is 15 USD on eBay.

These things have a fairly spacious soundstage with the benefit of some very nice low end.

Nov 21, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #14,361 of 75,538
My PT15 has left Connecticut and arrived in New Hampshire, which is unfortunate as I live in Kansas. Maybe it's time to contact HCK and see what address it's going to.

Nov 21, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #14,363 of 75,538
  Those who have Edimun V3 might have noticed that it comes with customized red foam with 4 smaller holes. That gives it more or less a donut foam quality (that won't over-dampen treble) but without the downside of a looser fit which tends to make dunut foam falls out easily. While donut foam can be a life saver for certain earbuds from time to time, it isn't particularly suitable for MX500 style front cover (VE's, BugGuy's, etc) as this kind of cover don't have any sound vents near the center, but located closer to the outer edge - so they still get somewhat over dampened even with donut foam. Inspired by the Edimun V3 foam pad, I did some modification of my own to create the multi-holes foam pad that will work better with MX500 style earbuds. The holes are located closer to the edge and thus will expose some sound vents for more treble. It also has the upside of getting a tighter fit than donut foam. I won't say it is the perfect solution for every earbuds, but it does work better than donut foam on many occasion.

Get yourself a leather belt hole puncher and punch the foam away - you won't actually punch a hole with the puncher, but it will leave a mark on the foam that you can tear away with your fingers easily. Push the foam slightly inward when punching and the hole will be closer to the edge - but don't get too close to the edge though, as you will want to leave around 3~4mm of space.

Three to four holes are usually easier to do and three is my usual choice. Here is how they look compared to the foam on Edimun V3 (*in red)

i just bought a belt puncher , trying to replicate .. it's a very hard task..already spoiled 4 foams.. but i will keep trying.. patience is the ultimate key to success !

Nov 21, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #14,364 of 75,538
vapman I had no tracking between EMS picking it up and CT, but all Kansas deliveries for me have had their original USPS posting in Chicago, so it's not a normal route to say the least.

Nov 21, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #14,365 of 75,538
@vapman I had no tracking between EMS picking it up and CT, but all Kansas deliveries for me have had their original USPS posting in Chicago, so it's not a normal route to say the least.

Makes sense. After all 99% of my China mail has come in thru JFK for me, and my last HCK order and one other very very long ago happened to come in thru SF and took a different route here. Not that it wouldn't hurt to have the delivery address checked anyway I suppose.

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #14,367 of 75,538
Interestingly enough that I don't find PT15 to have a particularly hot treble at all. The only way I can imagine that PT15 will have a very bright and uncomfortable  treble is when I listened to it way louder than I should.

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #14,368 of 75,538

I wouldn't call it hot
cable for pt 15 has arrived. set, play, and yes pt 15 has very hot treble. i got headache after listen them less than a minute. try again later after burn in them.

After a week of playing with them, I wouldn't say that burn in added any extra bass, more or less they are the same.  Treble are emphasized , but not hot, as PT15+silver cable not suffering from sibilance or any kind of distorsion, they provide clear and high resolution sounding. They a bit dry and less airy compare to Tomahawk, but not so boring like Monk, TY hi-z or Fareal

Nov 21, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #14,369 of 75,538

I wouldn't call it hot
cable for pt 15 has arrived. set, play, and yes pt 15 has very hot treble. i got headache after listen them less than a minute. try again later after burn in them.

After a week of playing with them, I wouldn't say that burn in added any extra bass, more or less they are the same.  Treble are emphasized , but not hot, as PT15+silver cable not suffering from sibilance or any kind of distorsion, they provide clear and high resolution sounding. They a bit dry and less airy compare to Tomahawk, but not so boring like Monk, TY hi-z or Fareal

**** (like 1more with their new high end earbud) uses the marketing term "Hi-Res" - and in this instance it's an accurate claim. The PT15 has superb resolution. To me it's very pleasing - the treble, and I hate to have to use EQ, but upping the bass makes it a near perfect earbud for my taste. I have the black cable. Silver cable  version on the way but I doubt I'll be able to notice a difference in SQ. 

I need to find "wings" that fit the PT15. The only deficiency I experience is the fit. If I talk/drink/chew it doesn't always stay in my ear.

Nov 21, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #14,370 of 75,538
To me it's very pleasing - the treble, and I hate to have to use EQ, but upping the bass makes it a near perfect earbud for my taste. I have the black cable. Silver cable  version on the way but I doubt I'll be able to notice a difference in SQ.   
I need to find "wings" that fit the PT15. The only deficiency I experience is the fit. If I talk/drink/chew it doesn't always stay in my ear.

I'm upping a bit of bass on all of my earbuds, so I see no problem here. "By mistake" EE combined PT15 with cheaper over ear silver cable, so with  foams earbuds stay directly in to ear canal, and so bass is just enough. I'm not used to wear earbuds this way, but like with ES100, it gives best sounding

Users who are viewing this thread

Back