Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 21, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #14,375 of 74,623
Nov 21, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #14,380 of 74,623
Just got my Shozy Stardusts in the post. Right out of the box, they sound fantastic. I'm running them single ended out of my Pono (something I normally don't recommend) and they exhibit a nice neutral signature with good extension both ways. Good detail in the highs w/o sibilance and sub-bass! I never thought earbuds could sound this good. I'll put them through a 50 hour burn-in cycle and report back...

Nov 21, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #14,381 of 74,623
What a suspense! I can't bear it Danneq 
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

Nov 21, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #14,383 of 74,623
Enough teasing!

I got shrimp flavor and oriental flavor. What is that really by the way? Oriental flavor?

Too early for impressions except that Blox TM7 might be pushed down from first place on my list by CampFred. CAX is another step up. A true endgame earbud (with an impossibly stiff cable). But it's so rare and basically just a pimped up CampFred that I'll mainly focus on CampFred from here on.

Is it 3 packs of instant noodles? Or a toy car?

Nov 21, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #14,384 of 74,623
Super yummy 
tongue.gif

I too was told Cax Black edition is really something. Let's wait and see what you think of both.
Congrats and sorry for your empty wallet my friend.
beerchug.gif

Nov 21, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #14,385 of 74,623
Quote:
  Super yummy 
tongue.gif

I too was told Cax Black edition is really something. Let's wait and see what you think of both.
Congrats and sorry for your empty wallet my friend.
beerchug.gif

Well, I've got a few other earbuds on the way, among them TY HP650 & K's 500 ohm. Then it's just Shozy Stardust I'm looking to get. After that I'll probably look over my collection and clear out stuff and perhaps sell 5-10 pairs, including some top end earbuds.

I've got a pair of ATH ES10 portable headphones. I am not kidding when I write this: CAX black edition has got the same sort of full sound as my pair of ATH ES10. I thought that stuff like Blox TM7, Sennheiser MX985 and VE Zen 1 had a full sound. They all pale compared to CAX black.
CampFred is perhaps 90% of CAX black edition and truly belongs in the top of every earbud list.

Just imagine a Rose Mojito with a slightly smaller soundstage but with no sharp highs and an extremely analogue type sound, not digital sounding at all. This is close to how CampFred sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back