Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 4, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #11,311 of 75,869
A warning to anyone interested in Rose Masya - [COLOR=FF0000]DO NOT BUY IT FOR NOW[/COLOR].

Let just said that the build quality is really questionable.

[rule]p/s: Will be getting a replacement - hopefully what I got is no more than a lemon.

Wow. That's quite unfortunate. Guess I'll see if I can cancel my order. I've always been apprehensive about the Rose build quality.

Care to share what issues you encountered with your first pair?

Oct 4, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #11,313 of 75,869
Just upgraded from AK Jr to AK70. The Jr's laggy interface was just too much.

And I'm still on Cygnus 24/7. I noticed any and all foams that are white in colour get dirty with time though. May just switch to black foams.

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #11,314 of 75,869
Congrats Tayyab! Hope it goes well with your Cygnus. My Cygnus is still rocking solid as my main buddy everyday. I have posted all my other quality earbuds on sale including the Zen 2.0 and Edimun. I can live with the Shozy right now. I still prefer my dirty white foams on it than any other foams at my disposal. It just have something that makes the overall sound "more palpable".

Next stop is Shozy BK.
L3000.gif

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #11,315 of 75,869
  Congrats Tayyab! Hope it goes well with your Cygnus. My Cygnus is still rocking solid as my main buddy everyday. I have posted all my other quality earbuds on sale including the Zen 2.0 and Edimun. I can live with the Shozy right now. I still prefer my dirty white foams on it than any other foams at my disposal. It just have something that makes the overall sound "more palpable".

Next stop is Shozy BK.
L3000.gif

Try a dual driver like Mojito or TKY 2.
The details are far above than normal earbuds :)

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #11,316 of 75,869
  Just upgraded from AK Jr to AK70. The Jr's laggy interface was just too much.

And I'm still on Cygnus 24/7. I noticed any and all foams that are white in colour get dirty with time though. May just switch to black foams.

How do you like the 70 vs the Jr? I still have not messed with any AK daps... I am waiting for my new CF adapter to arrive so I can CF mod my other iPod Mini and use that.

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #11,317 of 75,869

How do you like the 70 vs the Jr? I still have not messed with any AK daps... I am waiting for my new CF adapter to arrive so I can CF mod my other iPod Mini and use that.

still waiting for the AK70 to come in the mail. i literally just ordered it today.

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #11,318 of 75,869

Next stop is Shozy BK.
L3000.gif

im very interested in BK

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #11,319 of 75,869
  Try a dual driver like Mojito or TKY 2.
The details are far above than normal earbuds :)

Mojito is great for details and imaging and soundstage. But the recessed vocals make it sound unnatural. It has a digital tone to it. I find it's only good for instrumental (read: classical) music.

Cygnus is a near perfect all-rounder.

Oct 4, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #11,320 of 75,869

Very interesting, I see it has a decent place on your list, is it worth getting?

They used to be half the current price on Taobao, but not they are harder to find and thus price goes up accordingly. I really won't bother with the current price.

Care to share what issues you encountered with your first pair?

Overall finishing just isn't great and the pins socket broke off when I tried to remove the cable. While Rose's stuffs are somewhat hand-built in nature, Masya just looks rougher on the finishing as a whole.

Next stop is Shozy BK.
L3000.gif

My pre-ordered BK will be shipped within the week. I guess mass production release won't be too far away either, probably before the end of Oct.

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #11,323 of 75,869
  Just wondering, does anyone prefer the std cable over the braided cable that comes with the mojito?

I like the cable which is not stiff.

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #11,324 of 75,869
My prordered BK will be shipped within the week. I guess mass production release won't be too far away either, probably before the end of Oct.

ClieOS, how to preorder one and where? Hope it's not in Taobao only. Any link?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back