Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 24, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #10,666 of 75,875
Has everyone given up on the Rose Mojito? Haven't heard lately of anyone talking about how good it still is. Or there are just too many new earbuds to hype about? :) My Cygnus has changed since I first got it. With more listening hours, the intimate soundstage opened up and became a bit deeper than wide. The vocals is still ever so glorious and natural. Loving its sound so far and can't wait to get hold of this new Shozy BK. If it's really an upgrade of the Cygnus, then it's definitely very good. Still waiting for the Seahf 320 LD 3.0 to arrive.

I've taken a break from earbud listening/purchasing due to a nagging ear infection, but for me Mojito is still at the top (when synergistically amped).

Sep 24, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #10,667 of 75,875
Sep 24, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #10,668 of 75,875
It's refreshing to know that the gurus and earbud enthusiasts in this thread are still giving high praises to Mojito despite being silent for a little while. i'm thinking now if it's worth to give up the Zen 2.0 and buy the Mojito. No plan of using a separate amp on the go.

Sep 24, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #10,669 of 75,875
mojito or zen 2.0? i would pick zen
redface.gif

Sep 24, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #10,670 of 75,875
It's refreshing to know that the gurus and earbud enthusiasts in this thread are still giving high praises to Mojito despite being silent for a little while. i'm thinking now if it's worth to give up the Zen 2.0 and buy the Mojito. No plan of using a separate amp on the go.

I wouldn't buy the Zen 2.0 if I don't I have a powerful amp. Haven't heard the Mojito though.

Sep 24, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #10,671 of 75,875
Lately, after sending my Cygnus back to Penon for warranty due to driver issue (shame really as they were so good sounding after 200hours+ of burn in), all I have been using is the Mojito.

Oh how wonderfully glorious does the Mojito sound with orchestral and bgm music.
The details, the soundstage, the airiness!!!!

Sep 24, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #10,672 of 75,875
Very interesting thread. I just received my monk plus a few days ago and I am so surprised by it. Could you guys give recommendations on other earbuds by price and performance? I'm looking at SEAHF and FAAEAL but I don't know their sound signature. 

Sep 24, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #10,673 of 75,875
Very interesting thread. I just received my monk plus a few days ago and I am so surprised by it. Could you guys give recommendations on other earbuds by price and performance? I'm looking at SEAHF and FAAEAL but I don't know their sound signature. 

If you read the last 10 or so pages you will find tons of information that is basically exactly what you are asking, however i will tell you right now Seahf and Farerl both have very drastically different sounding models and many of them. Other brands are more consolidated.

Sep 24, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #10,675 of 75,875

Welcome to the world of earbuds!

It's best that you let us know what sort of sound signature you are looking for and your budget. Do you want something like Monk plus but with better details, bass, resolution etc? Or something a bit different?

Sep 24, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #10,677 of 75,875

The cable is not at all stiff like the Demun cable. Out of the box sound is top notch. I have only got one song in. I'll hold off on impressions until I do a little more comparison and pit it against the Red De'Mun.

Sep 24, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #10,678 of 75,875

Best way is to use your monk plus as reference. What you like about it and what aspect about it you would like to improve. Then the people here will have a good idea which other buds should better suit you. It will be a fun journey.
-------
Sorry, just read that I almost repeated Danneq's reply word for word :)

Sep 24, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #10,679 of 75,875
Unbelievable!

Read that VE recommends 50 to 600hours of burn in for their Asura. So I decided to put TY Hi-Z back on the burn-in machine; added another 20 hours to it's previous 48 hours. I just auditioned it - the bass is now less bloated, while the mids have come out to play! I am going to leave TY Hi-Z and Monk+ burning in for another 3 more days and see how things shake out.

These things should come with a warning label "Do not use until 5 days of burn in!". :)

Sep 24, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #10,680 of 75,875

Hey Tayyab, I actually took your advice here to burn the Cygnus in more and be surprised on how it opens up the soundstage and get even better overall. Are you still using your Cygnus lately? Does it continue to change after 200 hours or so?

I don't know if it has changed. I pretty much only use Cygnus now. But mostly due to comfort more than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back