Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 13, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #10,036 of 75,671
  The thing is you don't have other company earbud compare to, it's only Seahf.
If you can have VE Zen, Mojito, Cygnus, Ting then it will be super helpful to us. :D

The thing is, I don´t want to convince anybody to buy them. I just thought some of you guys might have liked to know that such earbuds exist. Other than that, I was only answering questions. But thank you, now I know I don´t have to write a review. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 14, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #10,037 of 75,671
Thank you @haiku for bringing K's to my attention, super intersted!

Sep 14, 2016 at 1:46 AM Post #10,038 of 75,671
The thing is, I don´t want to convince anybody to buy them. I just thought some of you guys might have liked to know that such earbuds exist. Other than that, I was only answering questions. But thank you, now I know I don´t have to write a review. :D

I guess people are wondering why you don't try these other popular ones given you are willing to spend so much.

Sep 14, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #10,041 of 75,671
  For those who are interested, I just ordered the flagship earbud from K´s earphone. It´s 1.2 KOhm balanced earbud. Price 659,- USD.

Could you please share the link ?

Thank you.

Sep 14, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #10,043 of 75,671
  What's the best that I can get for around $50 (hoping that I don't get charged by customs...) if I want clarity and details (and durability)? I'm gonna use a Magni 2 as an amp

My favorite under $50 would be the Tomahawk. Cost around $42 when I bought it. It's my go to bud in my office with the Valhalla 2. I've also got the Zen 2.0 here, but still the Tomahawk gets the most use. I think with the Zen 2.0 the mids get a bit too thickwhen used on a tube amp.

I also now required the Ting, but that needs burn-in but it's promising as well. That's a bit more expensive though. Cygnus and TY2 on the way as well. both priced around $80.

Try the Tomhawk. Think it could work well with the Magni 2.

Sep 14, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #10,044 of 75,671
  My favorite under $50 would be the Tomahawk. Cost around $42 when I bought it. It's my go to bud in my office with the Valhalla 2. I've also got the Zen 2.0 here, but still the Tomahawk gets the most use. I think with the Zen 2.0 the mids get a bit too thickwhen used on a tube amp.

I also now required the Ting, but that needs burn-in but it's promising as well. That's a bit more expensive though. Cygnus and TY2 on the way as well. both priced around $80.

Try the Tomhawk. Think it could work well with the Magni 2.

Isn't the impedance a little too low for the magni?

Sep 14, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #10,045 of 75,671

Isn't the impedance a little too low for the magni?

It works fine with high gain on the Valhalla 2,but not sure of how the difference in impedance between the Magni 2 and the Valhalla 2 would be like. There's also a difference between the Magni 2 and Magni 2 Uber in impedance.

I believe though that the gain switch on the Magni's are better than that of the Valhalla 2. There's probably someone here with experience of this.

Sep 14, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #10,047 of 75,671
Anyone have both rx-1 and tomahawk that can compare them ?

I had both a few weeks ago. Tomahawk has an awesome sound that suits most music types, they have fairly extended highs, warm midrange and fairly good lows. RX-1 have a forward midrange and good bass if you can get the proper seal, highs seem a little rolled off... bit more then i like to be honest. I highly prefer the Tomahawk. But id skip both and get the Cygnus or TP16.

Sep 14, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #10,048 of 75,671
  What amp exists that would even power 1.2k Ohm headphones....:/

Schiit Jotunheim should most likely have no issue.  Seems like a powerhouse, and a rather cost effective one at that.  It's a tempting option to pick up.  Can run anywhere from very highly sensitive IEMs to Hifiman HE6.

Sep 14, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #10,049 of 75,671
I had both a few weeks ago. Tomahawk has an awesome sound that suits most music types, they have fairly extended highs, warm midrange and fairly good lows. RX-1 have a forward midrange and good bass if you can get the proper seal, highs seem a little rolled off... bit more then i like to be honest. I highly prefer the Tomahawk. But id skip both and get the Cygnus or TP16.
I really want the cygnus but sadly I don't want to spend that much for an earbud as i only use them when I'm out. How is the TP16 ? Also I remember there was a crow/crown earbud with soft/textile cable. Anyone know where I can find it and how does it sound compare to the others ?

Also I just got the rx-1....but they sounds kinda metalish to me....Will it get better when burned in ? Also what foam do u guys use ?

Sep 14, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #10,050 of 75,671
I really want the cygnus but sadly I don't want to spend that much for an earbud as i only use them when I'm out. How is the TP16 ? Also I remember there was a crow/crown earbud with soft/textile cable. Anyone know where I can find it and how does it sound compare to the others ?

Also I just got the rx-1....but they sounds kinda metalish to me....Will it get better when burned in ? Also what foam do u guys use ?

I prefer my TP16 to the RX-1 :) fit is better then both tomahawk and rx-1 aswell. The cable on the TP16 is very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back