Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 13, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #10,023 of 75,542
So if i were to buy a high end earbud with options in SE or balanced should i buy balanced and then just use an adapter to SE in case someday i buy a balanced dac/amp.  Or would it be better to just get the SE?  Right now i dont have any balanced sources but you never know someday i might get one.  I just figured it would probably be a pain to get it rewired and terminated for balanced if i just go with SE.

Sep 13, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #10,024 of 75,542
  Argh, aliexpress seller sent me the seahf 400 ohms instead of the 320 ohms that I ordered. I am trying to get an exchange or refund or something. In any case, if I am forced to keep this, how different is it from the 320 ohms?

My LD3 400 and LD4 400 arrived today so I spent some time comparing them to the LD3 320 (and the Smart 1.0).
I don't know if the window for you to make a complaint is till open, but the LD3 400 and LD4 400 are quite different from the LD3 320.

First I must say, the Seahf buds comes with various foams and donuts, but I get better results with the MP+ foams.

LD3 320 is the definite winner of clarity and detail when used with the MP+ thin foams. If you ordered the LD3 320 because of the clarity/detail, You should try to make a complaint.

The Smart 1.0 comes next in clarity/detail, but they sound kind of hollow with the MP+ thin foams, so I just use the MP+ donuts on them.

I also prefer the donuts with the LD3 400 and LD4 400. They don't sound as hollow as the Smart 1 with the MP+ thin foams, but need the donuts for the bass to come out. Neither the LD3 400 nor LD4 400 can compete in the clarity/detail with the 320 ohm buds.

While the LD3 400 do provide kind of a devil bloated bass, the LD4 400 provide a more controlled a less boomy bass. The LD3 320 can also provide a deepened bass when used with donuts. Less boomy than the LD3 400, but not as controlled as the LD4 400.

The winner for me is the LD3 320. They are the best all rounder, and can be used with both MP+ thin foams or donuts, depending on if you are looking for clarity/detail or bass.

These are my early first impressions, and I'm not a firm believer in burn in, so I just wanted to let you know fast...

Sep 13, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #10,025 of 75,542
  God damn almost $700 for a set of earbuds. They better make the Mojito sound like crap in comparison for that kind of money, that's like STAX money right there...

Let me be blunt. Here at my home, the K´s 500 Ohm already have no competitor. They just have a stunning resolution and sound much more mature than everything I´ve heard, so far. But ok, I don´t know the Mojito.

Sep 13, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #10,028 of 75,542
Have received the package with rx-1 and tomahawk from easy.The looks of rx-1! With white foams it looks so au-glamourous *ba-dum-ts*
I know a lot of people already reviewed these two so I won't bother writing a lot , but -to all newbies like me- rx-1 is a good way to go up from Monk+(imo). And it is quite affordable. And looks fancy. And the package is nice. *Collapses due to the new toy syndrome*

Sep 13, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #10,029 of 75,542
My LD3 400 and LD4 400 arrived today so I spent some time comparing them to the LD3 320 (and the Smart 1.0).
I don't know if the window for you to make a complaint is till open, but the LD3 400 and LD4 400 are quite different from the LD3 320.

First I must say, the Seahf buds comes with various foams and donuts, but I get better results with the MP+ foams.

LD3 320 is the definite winner of clarity and detail when used with the MP+ thin foams. If you ordered the LD3 320 because of the clarity/detail, You should try to make a complaint.

The Smart 1.0 comes next in clarity/detail, but they sound kind of hollow with the MP+ thin foams, so I just use the MP+ donuts on them.

I also prefer the donuts with the LD3 400 and LD4 400. They don't sound as hollow as the Smart 1 with the MP+ thin foams, but need the donuts for the bass to come out. Neither the LD3 400 nor LD4 400 can compete in the clarity/detail with the 320 ohm buds.

While the LD3 400 do provide kind of a devil bloated bass, the LD4 400 provide a more controlled a less boomy bass. The LD3 320 can also provide a deepened bass when used with donuts. Less boomy than the LD3 400, but not as controlled as the LD4 400.

The winner for me is the LD3 320. They are the best all rounder, and can be used with both MP+ thin foams or donuts, depending on if you are looking for clarity/detail or bass.

These are my early first impressions, and I'm not a firm believer in burn in, so I just wanted to let you know fast...

I worked out a deal with the seller in which I keep the 400 ohms snd buy another 320 ohms for half off. I might end up selling the 400 once the 320 arrives. They do sound quite fun though.

Sep 13, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #10,030 of 75,542
I listened to a Seahf 4.0 320ohm for a bit. Got it in a trade and have sold it and sent it off today, but not before I got a chance to get to know it.

My mini review is it's like the Cygnus in tonality but has none of the energetic sound the Cygnus has. Everything sounds energetic on the Cygnus and it's why some people find it fatiguing. The Seahf was very laid back and had a nice soundstage. I found it to sound like the original Monks except a lot more dynamic and with better clarity and soundstage.

I still prefer the Seahf 400. Another (and a different) very generous head-fi'er is sending me his 4.0 400ohm so I can compare it to the 3.0 which is the Seahf 400 I reviewed previously.

It's fun how much stuff is passed around in this earbud group, so this post is a big thank you to all the cool people who share their gear!

Sep 13, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #10,031 of 75,542
This is exciting

Sep 13, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #10,034 of 75,542
Hi All,
      first of all, thanks for this wonderful thread, it is full of great info. After some reading, I got the upgraditis unfortunately. I currently own Yuin OK2 which I love, but I'm really interested in the new ToneKing/MusicMaker TKY2. Do you think it would be a worthwhile upgrade?

Regards,

Dan

Sep 13, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #10,035 of 75,542

God damn almost $700 for a set of earbuds. They better make the Mojito sound like crap in comparison for that kind of money, that's like STAX money right there...

Let me be blunt. Here at my home, the K´s 500 Ohm already have no competitor. All my other earbuds sound quacky and compressed in comparison. I even had a Final Audio Heaven VI for a day, which lost badly. It sounded blurred and lacked resolution compared to the K´s. They just have a stunning resolution and sound much more mature than everything I´ve heard, so far. But ok, I don´t know the Mojito.

The thing is you don't have other company earbud compare to, it's only Seahf.
If you can have VE Zen, Mojito, Cygnus, Ting then it will be super helpful to us. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back