Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 22, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #8,792 of 75,326
Aug 22, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #8,794 of 75,326
Aug 22, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #8,796 of 75,326
New Budget Earbud Arrival:

The MusicMaker/Toneking TP16:

Sound - Like a baby Ting with a touch of the sub-bass from the Tomahawk.  Sound signature is playful while staying in the realm of neutral.  Soundstage seems to be fairly wide.  Build quality is really quite nice for the lowest priced price earbud in their range. 

I need to spend a bit more time with them, then I will try to compare these with a few other earbuds. 

Though, I will say, I love having a pair of the MusicMaker/Toneking earbuds with a microphone.

Here are some photos I took of the the TP16:

--

Aug 22, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #8,797 of 75,326
I really enjoy my Garage1217 Project Starlight tube amp. Extremely smooth sound which removes sibilance from overly bright headphones (like the CD900ST's). And tube rolling is kind of fun (and inexpensive).

For the record I keep listening to the Cygnus these days. The mids and comfort is just exceptional.

Aug 22, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #8,799 of 75,326
Best thing about about the Cygnus is it can be driven basically out of anything, and makes any recording sound good (even bad recordings).

Aug 22, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #8,801 of 75,326

... a pair of the MusicMaker/Toneking earbuds with a microphone.

I see one button. How does it work? I guess there is no volume control.

Because in this world there is no earbud with volume control which work on both iOS and Android.
But if you have only Mic, then it will work on both platforms :)

Aug 22, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #8,802 of 75,326
I just browsing puresound PS100-500 on taobao using google translate.

I wonder what it means: "Easy to push Edition"

Theres also the PS100-260 (which suggest its 260ohm version) at 45usd.. anybody tried that before?

Aug 22, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #8,803 of 75,326
Received RX1, this morning. Since then, I have been listening (with no earbud foams) to a mix of Tamil feature film tracks of last year or so (320kbps MP3s using Fiio X1 LO and NX1 LG at roughly 30% volume). I find (like few others before me), RX1 to be a solidly built (astounding quality at that), mid-centric, clean sounding (with great detail retrieval) earbuds with size and shape that is very comfortable on ears. I almost always had a love-hate relationship with earbuds when it comes to getting a proper seating/fitting to my ears. This one is, by far the best earbuds that I have ever tried, in terms of achieving perfect fit effortlessly. Besides, this comes in a great package as well (loved that wooden piece/finishing in the box). At its selling price of 20 US$ (some may have had it for even lower than that), I would suggest these as a solid addition to vocal and detail lovers earbuds collection.

Aug 22, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #8,804 of 75,326
got my T-music noise canceling bass earbuds today, and my 75 ohm adapter from penon (bought on ebay)

at first I did't know what headphones they were because the packaging was kinda big and was thinking maybe it was the 2 headphones I ordered from penon...

when I opened it, I saw only a small earbud case, in a non descript plastic bag, and thought maybe some one sent me a headphone case as a gift, since I don't remember ordering one...

then once I opened the case, and the image from the product page came to mind when I saw the earbuds inside...

the cable is kinda rubbery and out of the case, they do have some bass, kinda reminded me of she3800, they came with donut foams, as shown in pic, my ears got tired after an hour with them (the foams are kinda rough), the bass with the bass on my old kenwood turned up seems to respond well, the only thing wrong about them is that the left is right and visa versa, but the shells are the same so I just swapped them around, 

I tried them with the 75ohm adapter and it seemed to smooth the sound a bit, on my iphone I could turn the volume max and not be too bothered by the volume, too much (it was still way too loud, not the point but still), but normal listening volume was about 8-10 out of 16

haven't tried the adapter with monk+,  hp32, or rx-1 or anything else,

I wonder if the resistance was enough to use on ps3 with out a pre-amp volume control...

Aug 22, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #8,805 of 75,326
how is it? describe?

Briefly compare RX1 and DIY DDM

RX1 : Nature and Mid centric sound

DIY DDM : bright & analytical sound with wide sound stage

Edimun V3 : Warm and Mid centric sound

RX1 and Edimun has become my favourite earbuds(previously was DDM),both has smooth mid and easy drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back