Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 18, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #8,641 of 75,272
was thinking about the RA plus, but it says that its up to 300 ohm and some say it can't power the zen 2.0 efficiently enough, although, wild lee said on facebook that pluging it in to a wall socket will almost double its power

I am more of planing ahead of time, I'm not actually going to buy an amp anytime soon, its in my nature to plan way ahead and to over think things way before I actually do or buy something, (except for the auglamour rx-1, I got on that hype train as soon as it left the station :D )

My situation as well. I'm considering O2 amp. Transparent, cheap and can drive up to 600 ohm (hopefully, with authority)

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #8,642 of 75,272
  I also am thinking about a few bug guy's 300 ohm or 400 ohm earbuds,

but, the thing that stops is the lack of an amp that can power something like that,

the obvious answer could be the VE RA 2.0 but at a price point of $500 aud its kinda out of my price point right now,

even if I buy a cheaper amp that says 300 ohm it isn't future proof and would need to buy another even more powerful amp...

so what I think I am saying is, if anyone knows of a amp that can power maybe up to 500 ohm and is cheap (under $200 aud / $150 usd)?

Does it need to be a portable amp? If desktop is ok, Schiit Magni?

Aug 18, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #8,643 of 75,272
My situation as well. I'm considering O2 amp. Transparent, cheap and can drive up to 600 ohm (hopefully, with authority)

Does it need to be a portable amp? If desktop is ok, Schiit Magni?

o2 amp, shiit magni, I forgot about those, nice choices,

Aug 18, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #8,644 of 75,272
  How is it compare to your fav 320 V1 ? Specially the Soundstage and Imaging and instrument separations ?

When it comes to vocals, the 320 V1 in it´s best moments is on par with the K´s imo. But other than that, the K´s is in a totally different league. It has such high resolution, that it clearly shows you the quality of your recordings and the source you´re using. That´s why I had to part with my X7. As it is right now, the X7 simply isn´t good enough for the K´s.

Aug 18, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #8,645 of 75,272

How is it compare to your fav 320 V1 ? Specially the Soundstage and Imaging and instrument separations ?

When it comes to vocals, the 320 V1 in it´s best moments is on par with the K´s imo. But other than that, the K´s is in a totally different league. It has such high resolution, that it clearly shows you the quality of your recordings and the source you´re using. That´s why I had to part with my X7. As it is right now, the X7 simply isn´t good enough for the K´s.

Who has bigger soundstage ? or almost same ?

Aug 18, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #8,647 of 75,272
Aug 18, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #8,649 of 75,272
  After a few days, here my first impression with K´s earphone.

It quickly became clear, that my Fiio X7 isn´t able to drive them properly. The SQ of the X7 isn´t on the same level. The K´s have a 8K TV resolution, so what to do? Made the jump and ordered the new AK300 Dap+Amp. Now, to say I´m in audio heaven would be an understatement. Never would have thought, my music could sound this good. It´s a lot of money, but tbh I don´t care if it can sound so great.
Highs, Mids and Bass blend and become a coherent one. It´s all there. Total endgame. I wish all of you to have the chance to listen to this combo sometime.

Thanks for the input and feedback with reagrds to the K 500Ohm.
Sadly, that is one bloody hungry earbud hahaha. 
No way in hell will my X3 with any of my amp combo power them to their fullest.

I also am thinking about a few bug guy's 300 ohm or 400 ohm earbuds,

but, the thing that stops is the lack of an amp that can power something like that,

the obvious answer could be the VE RA 2.0 but at a price point of $500 aud its kinda out of my price point right now,

even if I buy a cheaper amp that says 300 ohm it isn't future proof and would need to buy another even more powerful amp...

so what I think I am saying is, if anyone knows of a amp that can power maybe up to 500 ohm and is cheap (under $200 aud / $150 usd)?

but even if there was, would it even be good?

I am expecting a 75 ohm adapter to try out on my earbuds and stereo amp, making some earbuds seem to be up to 135 ohm, would be nice to be able to turn the volume more than 2 out of 10 for a change...

Was considering the RA Plus or C&C BH2, but scrapped that idea and ordered a little bear b4 tube amp with AMP9920 Metal Op amp

Aug 18, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #8,650 of 75,272
  Thanks for the input and feedback with reagrds to the K 500Ohm.
Sadly, that is one bloody hungry earbud hahaha. 
No way in hell will my X3 with any of my amp combo power them to their fullest.

Exactly, that´s why I´ve decided to spend the money on the AK380 Amp, which is known to drive everything. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #8,655 of 75,272
  Pray tell mate! Very interested to know these models!

Thanks!

Having had many amps, my vote is firmly for the Cayin C5 or Bengkel Macro bMac 3CH MK2.

I refuse to keep around any amp which is not powerful enough to drive 600ohm over ear studio headphones, or cause my JVC SZ2000 to physically rumble off of my head, so I only accept amps with tons of power output
smily_headphones1.gif
basshead.gif

Benefit of C5 over bMac: slightly more output power, can also provide USB charge output, has bass boost switch, gain switch is external (switch is internal on bMac), usb charging (vs. DC barrel)

Benefit of bMac over C5:  gain switch is internal if you are the kind of person that accidentally flips switches, has 75 ohm headphone output next to normal headphone output, battery lasts longer, battery can be easily disconnected for use as a desktop amp, handmade in Indonesia, rollable opamps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back