Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 12, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #8,356 of 75,254
So after getting my Auglamour RX1's and listening to them the past few days I have to say I do not understand at all how ClieOS could call these "warm and rich" in any way. These are bass light/neutral-ish mid centric, very clear earbuds. They have excellent separation and sound natural, some of the best imaging I have heard at under $100 and are very good although a bit suspect how highly rated they are on Clie's list. They are definitely great earbuds for sure, that is no debate, but they aren't for everybody. They definitely have that "earbud bass" feel that is lean and neutral which the Monks/Zen do not have (the VEs are lush and sound full/powerful in bass).

These also have some of the best build quality of any earbud at any price. It is simply amazing how great they feel to hold in your hand. I don't understand how they can be $20. What the Monks did for budget sound quality Auglamour did for build quality. The build and materials on these for a budget earbud are simply another league, not matched by anyone.

Aug 12, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #8,357 of 75,254
  So after getting my Auglamour RX1's and listening to them the past few days I have to say I do not understand at all how ClieOS could call these "warm and rich" in any way. These are bass light/neutral-ish mid centric, very clear earbuds. They have excellent separation and sound natural, some of the best imaging I have heard at under $100 and are very good although a bit suspect how highly rated they are on Clie's list. They are definitely great earbuds for sure, that is no debate, but they aren't for everybody. They definitely have that "earbud bass" feel that is lean and neutral which the Monks/Zen do not have (the VEs are lush and sound full/powerful in bass).

These also have some of the best build quality of any earbud at any price. It is simply amazing how great they feel to hold in your hand. I don't understand how they can be $20. What the Monks did for budget sound quality Auglamour did for build quality. The build and materials on these for a budget earbud are simply another league, not matched by anyone.

Interesting enough, my unit's left ear piece distorted right out of the box, and the rubber's smell is urghh... even tho the housing is actually quite nice. 

Aug 12, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #8,361 of 75,254
I have seen  quite a few comments saying the Seahf Smart 1.0 320 ohm with white cable is said to be similar to the Zen 1.0. Do any of you own both of these earbuds? and if so could you do a quick comparison between the two? Going through the thread and searching Google, I couldn't find any direct comparisons, just rumors about this Seahf bud. They certainly look identical to the Zen. I am curious if they sound the same, or if the sensitivity of the drivers at least seems similar. I currently have a Seahf v1 white cable version on its way to me, but won't have a zen to compare it to. I wanted to buy a ready made high impedance bud, along with some diy 300ohm drivers and parts. I didn't want to spend Zen prices so thought the Seahf would be a good start. I Don't expect the Seahf to sound identical to the Zen but can't say I'm not curious about it after reading the rumors. Any comparisons would be appreciated. Thanks guys. 

Aug 12, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #8,362 of 75,254
  I have seen  quite a few comments saying the Seahf Smart 1.0 320 ohm with white cable is said to be similar to the Zen 1.0. Do any of you own both of these earbuds? and if so could you do a quick comparison between the two? Going through the thread and searching Google, I couldn't find any direct comparisons, just rumors about this Seahf bud. They certainly look identical to the Zen. I am curious if they sound the same, or if the sensitivity of the drivers at least seems similar. I currently have a Seahf v1 white cable version on its way to me, but won't have a zen to compare it to. I wanted to buy a ready made high impedance bud, along with some diy 300ohm drivers and parts. I didn't want to spend Zen prices so thought the Seahf would be a good start. I Don't expect the Seahf to sound identical to the Zen but can't say I'm not curious about it after reading the rumors. Any comparisons would be appreciated. Thanks guys. 

Knowing the VE sound signature, I don´t think they sound similar. The V1 is no bass monster, it´s more a brighter sounding earbud, at least if I compare it to the rest of my Seahf . From what I´ve read about the Zen 1, I would say the most similar could be the 3.0 320 Ohm. 

Aug 12, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #8,363 of 75,254
Knowing the VE sound signature, I don´t think they sound similar. The V1 is no bass monster, it´s more a brighter sounding earbud, at least if I compare it to the rest of my Seahf . From what I´ve read about the Zen 1, I would say the most similar could be the 3.0 320 Ohm. 
Nope.. TY Hi-Z cloned Zen1.0
13923511_1121447454616399_4149436776254815377_o.jpg

Aug 12, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #8,365 of 75,254
Btw, Golov, do you know if AK Daps are able to drive high impedance earbuds sufficiently? I´m thinking of ordering the AK 300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back