Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 11, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #8,326 of 75,287
Lol. my gold RX-1 just got in from China. Can hardly tell they're a different color from the silver. unless the seller screwed up and sent me a silver one.

But I still prefer monk plus and am still using the t-music often...

I ordered gold too and mine look silver as hell lol

Aug 11, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #8,330 of 75,287
Originally Posted by David Mitchell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, based on the discussion to date, I currently have the Edifier H185P at the top of my list and the Remax RM-303 second. Any comments on sound quality between them for the user or the listener at the other end of the call?

Also, I know this introduces a completely different variable, but do any of these have remote-control buttons? (I have an Android phone.) I just realized last night that would be very handy.

I found out today that the Edifiers have a single-button remote on the mic (according to their site). That should be sufficient for me. So I've ordered the H185P from Banggood (the cheaper sellers on AliExpress don't have the gray version, which I prefer). Thanks for the help, guys!

Aug 11, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #8,331 of 75,287
Aug 11, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #8,332 of 75,287
  My ordered gold looks silver too.  I thought they just sent the wrong color which isnt any worry to me.

Looking at them next to each other you can tell easily which is silver and which is gold. It is just that by itself, the gold looks pretty dull, not a shiny gold like you'd expect.

I have not been using the RX1 though, just monk plus and t-music when I want more recessed mids than the monk offers, and with the exception of the occasional Red De'Mun that's really all that's getting used. I feel like it's always the monk and then another bud to complement the monk to me. the gold RX1 will stay sealed up for now.

Aug 11, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #8,333 of 75,287
  Lol. my gold RX-1 just got in from China. Can hardly tell they're a different color from the silver. unless the seller screwed up and sent me a silver one.

But I still prefer monk plus and am still using the t-music often...

I ordered a supposedly black RX-1 but it looks gold!  Maybe the colors differences are subtle.

I also prefer the Monk+ over these as well.

Aug 11, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #8,334 of 75,287

Looking at them next to each other you can tell easily which is silver and which is gold. It is just that by itself, the gold looks pretty dull, not a shiny gold like you'd expect.

I have not been using the RX1 though, just monk plus and t-music when I want more recessed mids than the monk offers, and with the exception of the occasional Red De'Mun that's really all that's getting used. I feel like it's always the monk and then another bud to complement the monk to me. the gold RX1 will stay sealed up for now.

Your review made me order the T-music.  I am looking forward to them since my origins are car stereo so I love me some bass.

I am enjoying my RX1 for watching movies and tv shows.  Since they are smaller my ears dont get sore.  The mid focus of them is great for dialogue.   I find them very realistic sounding and the quick bass still creates some good dynamics.  Watching Black Sails and the water crashing and cannon balls smashing through the ships sound great.  Also, they are cheap enough that I wont feel bad if I fall asleep with them in and roll around.  I have tried some others like the earbells and they didnt sound realistic say when bullets fired or doors slammed.  They sounded too metallic or pitchy.  Ofcourse, the monk+ is great for tv watching and I expect the Tmusic with its extra bass may end up being the best of all of them for that.

Aug 11, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #8,335 of 75,287

Your review made me order the T-music.  I am looking forward to them since my origins are car stereo so I love me some bass.

I am enjoying my RX1 for watching movies and tv shows.  Since they are smaller my ears dont get sore.  The mid focus of them is great for dialogue.   I find them very realistic sounding and the quick bass still creates some good dynamics.  Watching Black Sails and the water crashing and cannon balls smashing through the ships sound great.  Also, they are cheap enough that I wont feel bad if I fall asleep with them in and roll around.  I have tried some others like the earbells and they didnt sound realistic say when bullets fired or doors slammed.  They sounded too metallic or pitchy.  Ofcourse, the monk+ is great for tv watching and I expect the Tmusic with its extra bass may end up being the best of all of them for that.

I agree that Tmusic are great. They are my first earbuds and I like them so much.

Aug 11, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #8,337 of 75,287

It's off topic but I got really excited when you mentioned car audio. There is a crew of bassheads here (look up @Hawaiibadboy 's extreme  bass IEM and headphone threads) - the SZ2000, my favorite over ears, are a favorite of the SPL freak crowd - but anyway. I think you will like the T-Music. It is not that different than the monk, except it doesn't have that mid focus. Sometimes when switching from the T-Music back to the Monk Plus there was more mid bass impact with the monk. Some songs the T-Music reigned supreme on sub bass. They are both good to have. A bass lover who wants some earbuds would do well to spend $10 on the T-Musics.

Aug 11, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #8,338 of 75,287

It's off topic but I got really excited when you mentioned car audio. There is a crew of bassheads here (look up @Hawaiibadboy 's extreme  bass IEM and headphone threads) - the SZ2000, my favorite over ears, are a favorite of the SPL freak crowd - but anyway. I think you will like the T-Music. It is not that different than the monk, except it doesn't have that mid focus. Sometimes when switching from the T-Music back to the Monk Plus there was more mid bass impact with the monk. Some songs the T-Music reigned supreme on sub bass. They are both good to have. A bass lover who wants some earbuds would do well to spend $10 on the T-Musics.

I trust you ear and reviews so I am sure I will love the T-musics.   Wish I would of got the Sz2000 instead of my WS99.  Barely used them always sitting stationery and they fell apart.    But that OK I learned from the monk+ that I much more enjoy wearing earbuds than headphones or iems. 

Aug 11, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #8,339 of 75,287
  I trust you ear and reviews so I am sure I will love the T-musics.   Wish I would of got the Sz2000 instead of my WS99.  Barely used them always sitting stationery and they fell apart.    But that OK I learned from the monk+ that I much more enjoy wearing earbuds than headphones or iems. 

same here, earbuds are my #1 form factor. IEMs i can tolerate for a little while before the feeling of something in my ear drives me insane. Over ear headphones like the SZ2000 I normally hate the feeling of but the SZ2000 is just so much bass and the bass is so good that I don't mind. The SZ2000 come out to play when I have to keep myself from getting more noise complaints filed and nothing will satisfy me until my skull is fully decimated with sub bass. The T Music and Monk still get almost all my listening time because I love earbuds.

Aug 11, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #8,340 of 75,287
same here, earbuds are my #1 form factor. IEMs i can tolerate for a little while before the feeling of something in my ear drives me insane. Over ear headphones like the SZ2000 I normally hate the feeling of but the SZ2000 is just so much bass and the bass is so good that I don't mind. The SZ2000 come out to play when I have to keep myself from getting more noise complaints filed and nothing will satisfy me until my skull is fully decimated with sub bass. The T Music and Monk still get almost all my listening time because I love earbuds.

You really need to try Ostry KC08. The sub-bass is incredible. And build quality is probably the best out of all my earbuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back