Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 11, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #8,312 of 75,281
go to Topping NX-5 mini, I ordered too..

nice.. will they drive 400ohms? I read the specs but I'm quite clueless TBH.. waiting for your impression

In the meantime I just ask my brother if he can source the material and I order the PCB for O2 diy amp, and he said yes.. YES!!

Aug 11, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #8,313 of 75,281

But what are you looking for? Anything specific? You can just dig through this thread from the beginning and you will find a lot of suggestions that are worth checking.

I'm OK. I feel pretty up to date with this tread up until about a month ago, when the posts started to explode. It's like a full time job to keep up with all the posts, lol.

So, what am I looking for? Well something like the Snorlax of earbuds. You know you already have a pretty decent Dragonite, Vaporeon and Arcanine and should feel content. But then you are always looking for that elusive one you haven't seen or even less heard, that you think will add to the line-up with something new.

Currently my favourite buds are the Boarseman MX98s and the VE Zen 2.0. The MX98s for being the most engaging, yet relaxed, buds that never gets fatiguing, and the Zen 2 for the being the full package.

So I guess what I'm looking for is the person child of those two buds. One with the almost intoxicating sound of the the MX98s without their tendency of sometimes becoming slightly sibilant, paired with the full body warmth of the Zen2. That is my current Snorlax, and probably end game.

Also, some day I'd like to try a really inefficient power hungry bud that requires me to use the Runabout 2.0 at more than 9 o'clock. So I'm very interested to read more on the findings of these 500 and 600 ohm buds.

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #8,315 of 75,281
@BloodyPenguin I should still have my ES10 lying around.  I think I bought that one back right before I took a break from Head-Fi, back when the hype for the Baldoor was quite high.  I wish I had given my Hifiman ES100 more of a try back then as I just wasn't feeding it enough power to do it justice, and with something like the X3 or better it's far more enjoyable, although at this point I have several that surpass it now.  I know I have a few other earbuds that I tried back then that I don't really think about, too.  I should dig them out and see what I still have.

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #8,316 of 75,281
RX-1 waiting for me at the post office when I get home from work.. :)

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #8,317 of 75,281
  So, what am I looking for? Well something like the Snorlax of earbuds. You know you already have a pretty decent Dragonite, Vaporeon and Arcanine and should feel content.

First I read your post on my phone and I was like What is this? Some Norse gods? Names of medicaments? Unknown to me headphone brands? When I came home I googled it and OK - with Norse gods I was the closest.

I have checked your profile list and you're pretty well equipped already. If I come up with some idea I will post it untill end of this week.

By the way, how do you like Boarseman K25s?

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #8,318 of 75,281

First I read your post on my phone and I was like What is this? Some Norse gods? Names of medicaments? Unknown to me headphone brands? When I came home I googled it and OK - with Norse gods I was the closest.

I guessed something from Harry Potter...

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #8,319 of 75,281
Meizu ep21hd with RC 3 Buttons for Android, Remax 305m have too

Thanks, @golov17. I haven't heard of Meizu in a while! I still have one of their MP3 players from back in the day.... Since these earbuds hadn't been mentioned before, I'm guessing there's some compromise compared to those that have been recommended already. Having the remote might be worth it to me anyway for convenience. Have you used both? If so, any comments on sound quality?

Aug 11, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #8,321 of 75,281
Thanks, @golov17
. I haven't heard of Meizu in a while! I still have one of their MP3 players from back in the day.... Since these earbuds hadn't been mentioned before, I'm guessing there's some compromise compared to those that have been recommended already. Having the remote might be worth it to me anyway for convenience. Have you used both? If so, any comments on sound quality?
Just Meizu ep 21hd 128 Ohm

Aug 11, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #8,323 of 75,281
  ES10:
- very nice fit, very comfortable
- surprisingly good soundstage
- weak bass, recessed vocals, weak details

This 4 dollar earbud is inferior to 5 dollar Monk in every category and each time I put it on it is sort of repulsive, but... after 1-3 minutes brain burn-in it becomes quite enjoyable actually. It is raw, it is direct but is has some nice dynamics and because it is more focused around mids, guitar in Voodoo Child (Slight Return) sounds like it's got some additional power.

Aug 11, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #8,324 of 75,281
This 4 dollar earbud is inferior to 5 dollar Monk in every category and each time I put it on it is sort of repulsive, but... after 1-3 minutes brain burn-in it becomes quite enjoyable actually. It is raw, it is direct but is has some nice dynamics and because it is more focused around mids, guitar in Voodoo Child (Slight Return) sounds like it's got some additional power.

It's meh. I'm giving mine away I think.

Aug 11, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #8,325 of 75,281
Lol. my gold RX-1 just got in from China. Can hardly tell they're a different color from the silver. unless the seller screwed up and sent me a silver one.

But I still prefer monk plus and am still using the t-music often...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back