Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 10, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #8,237 of 75,287
  Man it's difficult to keep up with all the postings of the various buds. I've made a couple of orders (based on the latest buzz in this tread) and some that I was just too curious not to try. These are incoming:

AUGLAMOUR RX-1
FAAEAL 64ohm
FAAEAL 300ohm DIY
Mr MusicMaker TP16
Seahf LD-3.0 320ohm
T-Music DIY
TY Hi-Z 32ohm
TY Hi-Z 150ohm

Did I miss any relevant ones that I don't already have (what I have is listed in my profile) that can be bought on AE?

I will not order the Mojitos at the current price point, because I suspect they will have an even more problematic fit in my ears than the Tomahawks, and also because I enjoy a more analogue/dark signature.

Did I get it right that the LD-3.0 320ohm is the one that is kind of similar to the old Zen?

Refc the Autgalomour foor two reasonn

THe oerver the ear inresed (/IEM style) keps hem perfect in plce for me.

if you ment to the original zen 1.0 i have hever seen or sensed it.

Aug 10, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #8,240 of 75,287
Thanks! I feel better now. These Seahf/Dark horse/TY Hi-Z buds would need to have a special thread to keep track of them all. It's just too confusing trying to understand which is which. :cool:

Yes I support this.

Can somebody please create new thread just like VE thread. It's easier to keep up since they're variety of bug guy driver out there.

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #8,241 of 75,287
Yes I support this.

Can somebody please create new thread just like VE thread. It's easier to keep up since they're variety of bug guy driver out there.

I thought about it, but I don´t know if it´s a good idea. Only a few seem to be interested, and I know nothing about Dark Horse, TY, EA and the rest.

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #8,244 of 75,287

By the way, do you plan to keep up with SeaHF line-up in the future or maybe even expand your interest also to other "bug guy" earbuds sold under other brand names?

One step at a time, bro. Next is K´s 500 Ohm earbuds.

Aug 10, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #8,246 of 75,287
Today, I did a little session with old Monk, Monk+, Seahf 3.0 150 Ohm, 320 Ohm V1+2.
First the old Monk which at first wowed me like the first time I put it on. But after some minutes, I quickly noticed it´s shortcomings: it has become too mid-centric for me, also not enough space, and all in all it´s just too much "in your face" sounding for me.
Then Monk+. Sounds too compressed, quickly gave me headaches again.
Seahf 150 Ohm: Much smoother sound across the whole spectrum. Space opened up (what a relieve!). 
320 Ohm V1 ("The Beast"): Played "Anticipation" (Carly Simon), first Song, my emotions took over, started to cry. Had to listen to the whole album. What a ******* great earbud it can be....
V2: Has the most dynamic sound signature of the lot, completely fatigue free, punchy bass, analog like treble. Best for everyday use.
All imo. YMMVVM. 

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #8,248 of 75,287
@golov17, @jamesbdh, @music4mhell, @ozkan, @Tayyab Pirzada, @vapman: I won't even try to quote you all, but thanks for your comments!

For those who weren't sure about the Sennheiser HD580: in case you're familiar with the HD600, that is a tweaked version of the HD580. That said, it's been a while since I've used the HD580 regularly, and I'm not necessarily looking for that sound — it's just my reference point. Also, I'm not trying to cover the music-listening front so much with this first purchase; I intend to use the headset with my phone for calls and podcast listening, primarily (though some of the podcasts are musical).

I do plan to get a Monk Plus (or two) before long for music listening … unless I'm persuaded to skip to the RX-1. By the way, my sister asked me about new earbuds, I was able to recommend the Monk Plus because of this thread, and she's already ordered herself a pair!

So, based on the discussion to date, I currently have the Edifier H185P at the top of my list and the Remax RM-303 second. Any comments on sound quality between them for the user or the listener at the other end of the call?

Also, I know this introduces a completely different variable, but do any of these have remote-control buttons? (I have an Android phone.) I just realized last night that would be very handy.

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #8,249 of 75,287
Today, I did a little session with old Monk, Monk+, Seahf 3.0 150 Ohm, 320 Ohm V1+2.
First the old Monk which at first wowed me like the first time I put it on. But after some minutes, I quickly noticed it´s shortcomings: it has become too mid-centric for me, also not enough space, and all in all it´s just too much "in your face" sounding for me.
Then Monk+. Sounds too compressed, quickly gave me headaches again.
Seahf 150 Ohm: Much smoother sound across the whole spectrum. Space opened up (what a relieve!). 
320 Ohm V1 ("The Beast"): Played "Anticipation" (Carly Simon), first Song, my emotions took over, started to cry. Had to listen to the whole album. What a ******* great earbud it can be....
V2: Has the most dynamic sound signature of the lot, completely fatigue free, punchy bass, analog like treble. Best for everyday use.
All imo. YMMVVM. 

I've been tempted by seahf 320 ohm v1 for quite some time. Can you / anybody suggest matching budget amp to pair?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back