Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 23, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #5,613 of 75,270
  I did so much Zen vs Edimun A/B and I heard so little difference.

The mids on the Zen 2 are more forward.
The bass is ever so slightly fuller on the Edimun.
The treble is pretty much the same.

I think Zen 2 has a slight bias for mids/vocals whereas Edimun is more balanced/neutral across the spectrum. They really have a good and natural sound. I don't want to take them out. I've been doing a lot of dancing with them in. The sound signature is really not that far off from the Zen, I think it's really really similar but I'm going to say Edimun is both a bit more balanced and has better bass.

Sounds like a fantastic deal if one doesn't have the Zen, and even then their looks make them close to irresistible.
Thanks for the comparison!

Jun 23, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #5,616 of 75,270
I own irgun's edimun v1, it's a great sounding earbuds. I dont have much earbuds to compare to, since i'm more into iems.

But one thing for sure, edimun v1 have made me put my ue tf-10 & aurisonics rockets back to their cases

Jun 23, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #5,619 of 75,270
  Wow, if it is better than Cygnus certainly is a superb earbud I just love it with prog-metal, but the Edimun for I've read was developing a V3 model, is that your version @vapman? 

I have a V2 i think? I don't know for sure. The red is just a limited run of them. no mention of version I didn't ask for it, I just happened to get it and was happy when I did
biggrin.gif

If the V3 is in the works and I have a v2, then I'll just buy that too when it comes out without hesitation. I don't know anything about a V3 though.

I also bought myself a H180 (what the RED DEMON is based on) so I could try and recable it with some heavy pro audio cable and that should be... interesting.

I took a pretty huge gamble buying these but I am so happy I did. I don't know what kind of De'mun magic they used but these earbuds sound screwing amazing and I have 0 question they are, in fact, what's up. I've been listening for nearly 9 hours and can't get enough of them.

They sit between Zen and Mojito and belong with the champions IMO.

Jun 23, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #5,620 of 75,270
Nice to hear it has good heavy bass with good control AND thick vocals. but pretty stkie about the soundstage and separation - https://twitter.com/hulang9078/status/743466045831184384

this tweet suggests the opposite :D 

also, did that came in that round packaging?

Consider this 2 things:
1. That's review from seller. Some kind of promotion. Take it with a grain of salt :)
2. I write that quick impression without burning in the bud before. May be it has some good potensial after burn. Again, take it with a grain of salt :D

Jun 23, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #5,623 of 75,270
The edimun is really screw*** good, guys. I think it stacks up against the Zen 2.0. I think it beats the Cygnus.

If you are just looking for sub-bass, Seahf 400 is easier to get & cheaper...  but these ROCK!!! these are seriously good, and a whole different game than the Edifier H180.... you would barely know they were the same at the core from the sound.

The sub bass is top 3 for sure as far as earbuds go here. Everything else is pretty much as good as the Zen 2. The sound signature, stage and imaging is different than the Zen of course, but damn, I really, really like these!

The cable alone is truly amazing and one of, if not the most impressive headphone cable I've expreienced.

I can't wait to try their bMac amp after I let it charge for a while.

Shouts out again to @Joy Boy
who introduced Head-Fi to De'mun. It's 100% your fault I ended up buying these Joy Boy... and I don' regret it one bit :)

Great man! I'm so happy so like it. Like i said before, i always standing on my Top bud. I already tried v1 and v2, and soon there'll be v3.
The bass is outstanding and super 3D imaging.
Hope you'll enjoy it. I use it as daily bud now because its low impedance make it easier to drive without amp.

Congrats! :)

*dan sukses buat bmac & om irgunawan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back