Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 14, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #5,358 of 75,287

Do you have any other earbuds than the Tomahawk or Asura?  I don't have either but do have the DK-Jin.

SONY MH410C (the one that comes with Xperia), the old Apple Earbud, Awei ES10, a Blox that uses the mx500 sennheiser shell, Sennheiser MX985 (but this one is big to, i had to remove the rubber ring)...

The DK-Jin is slightly smaller than the MX985, and I think very slightly smaller than the ES10, but as I'm clumsy with putting earbud covers back on, I'm going by comparative feel between fingers, plus it's the end of my day and I'm half asleep.

Jun 14, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #5,360 of 75,287
  Very very brief update:

ROSE MOJITO = EARBUD ENDGAME AND NIRVANA FOR ME. I HAVE INDEED SEEN THE GODDESS OF SOUNDTSAGE AND MICRO DETAIL HERSELF IN MY MIND.

comparison to ve monk?

Jun 14, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #5,362 of 75,287
So guys. Which edifier is edimun based again? Kinda confuse here since there's a few. Also is there any other tuning involved besides better cable?

Edifier H180. For edimun V1, just cable difference. Edimun V2, they did some special tuning on the driver. Made it more refine on low freq, thicker vocal and 3D image on staging.
But lately i've heard they're now still made some research for the 3rd ver. More extension on high freq and better mid.

Jun 14, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #5,363 of 75,287

comparison to ve monk?

For anyone who enjoy detail and soundstage, it will be like asking a devoted motorcycle rider to compare a Harley-Davidson to a bicycle.

Jun 14, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #5,366 of 75,287
Sifu help me now, what am I supposed to do now? I feel like my journey has ended.........what now.....what of my Cygnus, Tomahawks.............oh lordy 

You relax and enjoy yourself. Plus, there's always seeking your endgame source/amplification, and maybe cables if you feel that's worth pursuing.

Jun 14, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #5,367 of 75,287

For anyone who enjoy detail and soundstage, it will be like asking a devoted motorcycle rider to compare a Harley-Davidson to a bicycle.

fair enough mate. from your experience which earbud has the best 3D soundstage?
many thanks in advance!

beerchug.gif

Jun 14, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #5,368 of 75,287

comparison to ve monk?

I don't even think that it is fair to compare them at this point honestly. 

In all honestly the Mojito's Soundstage is larger than those of Monk+, while monks+ have good extension, it can't even retain half the amount of detail that can be resolved by the Mojitos. 
Bass on the Monks+ hit you like a flat wall, where as the Mojitos bass is rounded like an egg surface.
Mids are just perfect, not recess and certainly not forward.

Mojito provide very holographic like sound to my ears.
  How is build quality and attention to details?

Excellent for the price (IMHO) as they are 3D printed (new version)

Jun 14, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #5,369 of 75,287

fair enough mate. from your experience which earbud has the best 3D soundstage?
many thanks in advance!

beerchug.gif

If it is a confined (imaginary) space, TM7 probably has the best rendering of spacial detail and positioning I have ever heard of any earbud. But by sheer openness, nothing comes close to Mojito.

Jun 14, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #5,370 of 75,287

I don't even think that it is fair to compare them at this point honestly. 

In all honestly the Mojito's Soundstage is larger than those of Monk+, while monks+ have good extension, it can't even retain half the amount of detail that can be resolved by the Mojitos. 
Bass on the Monks+ hit you like a flat wall, where as the Mojitos bass is rounded like an egg surface.
Mids are just perfect, not recess and certainly not forward.

Mojito provide very holographic like sound to my ears.
Excellent for the price (IMHO) as they are 3D printed (new version)

alright just curious
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back