Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 11, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #5,269 of 75,254

ah! I remember looking at the red Monks thinking "do I rally need a red Monk?" 
Of course I needed red Monks! Who doesn't need red Monk? Sadly I missed them too. Now waiting for Green Monks, I guess...

Jun 11, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #5,270 of 75,254
Remember how I said I wasnt sure yet about the Shozy Cygnus vs Tomahawks. 
I dont know if I like the Tomahawks anymore :xf_eek:
The Shozy has taken over!

Jun 11, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #5,271 of 75,254
I have one H180 on the way and I hope Mr De'mun writes back soon.

Hey! You have good music taste. I listen to a lot of the same bands! Lately I am listening to Dominion and Hubert Kah a lot :) So your review is much better to me as I know the stuff you listen to.

@golov17
You bought Edimun right? Did it take you a long time to buy it? I have been sent him many emails for a week waiting for reply. I hope i am not bothering him.
PM'd

Jun 11, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #5,272 of 75,254
Hey guys what is the best way to open up Monk earbuds for recable? My monk+ just died on me because of the poor strain relief so I am thinking of practicing my recabling skills for my real operations (blox and zen). What tools do you guys use and methods for opening up earbuds easily? 

Jun 11, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #5,273 of 75,254
  Hey guys what is the best way to open up Monk earbuds for recable? My monk+ just died on me because of the poor strain relief so I am thinking of practicing my recabling skills for my real operations (blox and zen). What tools do you guys use and methods for opening up earbuds easily? 

Golov's posted a video opening it just using his fingers, but honestly, I haven't the necessary skill to do that, then I prefer to use a hair dryer for ~1-2 mins on sides and after finish with a utility knife around the driver housing.

Jun 11, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #5,274 of 75,254
Just use your nails on the thumb for this, but do not try BLOX, strongly glued together, and you can damage the drivers :hushed:

Jun 11, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #5,275 of 75,254
Just use your nails on the thumb for this, but do not try BLOX, strongly glued together, and you can damage the drivers :hushed:

Golov's posted a video opening it just using his fingers, but honestly, I haven't the necessary skill to do that, then I prefer to use a hair dryer for ~1-2 mins on sides and after finish with a utility knife around the driver housing.

Holy **** thanks guys, it literally just came right off after pushing with my thumb. That's pretty funny. Wow..

Jun 12, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #5,276 of 75,254
I guess also while we are on the same topic, what is the best quality connector with the STRONGEST, MOST RESILIENT strain spring/relief on the market? I don't care if the connector for my monk+ is 5x the actual price of the monk lol I just want to be able to take it to the gym without it failing in under 1 month like this one.  

Jun 12, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #5,277 of 75,254
  I guess also while we are on the same topic, what is the best quality connector with the STRONGEST, MOST RESILIENT strain spring/relief on the market? I don't care if the connector for my monk+ is 5x the actual price of the monk lol I just want to be able to take it to the gym without it failing in under 1 month like this one.  

Definitely go for a right angled plug, the larger Oyaide style and Ranko plugs might actually be more prone to damage since they are so stiff. In general plugs with a spring style strain-relief wear very well. It would also be a good idea to layer some heatshrink around the termination. 

Jun 12, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #5,278 of 75,254

Neutrik NTP3RC w/ heat shrink in terminals solder probably will solve easily that issue. I know other good brands like Oyaide, Switchcraft, Amphenol but Neutrik fit better for your case and isn't that expensive.

Jun 12, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #5,280 of 75,254
Has anyone got any experience with http://aliexpress.com/item/New-Original-Wooden-Earbuds-Wooden-Bass-In-Ear-Headphones-Bass-DIY-Magic-Sound-Headset/32576959704.html?isOrigTitle=true&isOrig=true#extend ? Wood is new lol

By the way, I figured out why I like the Asura 2 more than Cygnus / Tomahawk: Because of the narrow sound stage (gaming!) - is there any upgrade with narrow sound stage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back