Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 24, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #4,216 of 75,367
And i consider seahf 400ohm.
How about seahf? Someone recommended this earbuds to me.
i will keep it near to zen and cygnus, but that's my opinion personally.

Apr 24, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #4,217 of 75,367
I hope you get to try the Rose Mojito. I sometimes think about sending mine to some other Head Fi members so they can try it out, since it's my understanding that Rose Mojito is also a limited edition earbud. But I hope I am wrong, because it is really exceptional.

I would kindly "borrow" your pair, and review them! :thumbsup::wink:

Apr 24, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #4,218 of 75,367
I have mx985 and pk1. But i want one more. Espacially Rose mojito attracts me. I can buy it here: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-New-Rose-Mojito-Flat-Head-Earphone-Double-Dynamic-HIFI-Monitor-Headphone-DIY-Headset-With-TF/1825606_32616371529.html
Seller discounts,price is 210$.
Is Rose mojito worth for the price?

Love my Mojito but cannot get a comfortable fit due to their huge size in my small ears.

Any one know if the red earbud means Right and blue for Left ? Also, does it matter because the earbuds look and sound the same ?

Apr 24, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #4,219 of 75,367
Love my Mojito but cannot get a comfortable fit due to their huge size in my small ears.

Any one know if the red earbud means Right and blue for Left ? Also, does it matter because the earbuds look and sound the same ?

I don't know which is to be left or right either. I guess one day I'll play a tone on the left side only and then one on the right side only and figure out which is which?

It took me a few days to get used to fitting them since they're so large but now I can get them seated properly first try.  They fit a bit different than usual but I'm pretty confident you'll get the hang of it.

BTW i thought the foams that came with the Mojito were itchy so I put on some VE foams instead. Worked great and felt better.

Apr 24, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #4,220 of 75,367

I don't own the mojitos, but typically these things go like this:
Red (R for right)
bLue or bLack for left.

On another note, has anyone compared the the Seahf 320 vs the 400? I ordered the 400 ohm model and hoping I'm not gonna regret it...

Apr 24, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #4,222 of 75,367

Red for right and blue for left is pretty much a given in the headphone world, I think. Though you can use it whichever way you want.

The more importable bit is actually how the 2 pin connector is plugged into the earbud or else absolute phase might be in reverse (and might not be that noticeable if both are reversed at the same time, as human ain't very sensitive to phase). Just make sure the letter on the cable is always facing outward.

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #4,223 of 75,367
As good as the Mojito is, I think I may have to pass my set of Rose Mojito's along to another earbud friend. I'm ridiculously treble sensitive and it's a bit bright for me without EQing.

I also didn't realize quite how much EQ was necessary to get them to be bassy, though. I didn't realize when testing I had a \ shaped EQ curve going...

I'll post them in the classifieds if nobody here wants them in a day or two, but I wanted to let fellow earbud freaks get the first shot at it, given their rarity.

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #4,224 of 75,367
  As good as the Mojito is, I think I may have to pass my set of Rose Mojito's along to another earbud friend. I'm ridiculously treble sensitive and it's a bit bright for me without EQing.

I also didn't realize quite how much EQ was necessary to get them to be bassy, though. I didn't realize when testing I had a \ shaped EQ curve going...

I'll post them in the classifieds if nobody here wants them in a day or two, but I wanted to let fellow earbud freaks get the first shot at it, given their rarity.

Good news.

So my decision was right not to buy the Mojito. :) I feel there is a big comfort issue on Mojito too.
For me Tomahawk is big for my ears :frowning2:

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #4,225 of 75,367
  Good news.

So my decision was right not to buy the Mojito. :) I feel there is a big comfort issue on Mojito too.
For me Tomahawk is big for my ears :frowning2:

Hmm, I thought Tomahawk was pretty comfortable, but that's the best I had to say about it...

Of course we won't all agree here but I still maintain that the Mojito is a TOTL earbud. I would not offer it for sale if I was less treble sensitive.

when I say I'm treble sensitive I mean I literally turn the treble knob all the way down on all my stereo,EQ,headphones, anything, and it's usually still too much. at this point I am EQing out so much of the higher end of the spectrum.

I still love them (using them now) but I like to turn my earbuds LOUD so I can feel the bass. The crystal crear highs would get to me first. Then again you don't buy STAX to bump them loud (even though they can!)

Anyway, if i don't get any PM's by tomorrow expressing interest in the mojitos, to the classifieds they go.

Apr 25, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #4,226 of 75,367
  Hmm, I thought Tomahawk was pretty comfortable, but that's the best I had to say about it...

Of course we won't all agree here but I still maintain that the Mojito is a TOTL earbud. I would not offer it for sale if I was less treble sensitive.

when I say I'm treble sensitive I mean I literally turn the treble knob all the way down on all my stereo,EQ,headphones, anything, and it's usually still too much. at this point I am EQing out so much of the higher end of the spectrum.

I still love them (using them now) but I like to turn my earbuds LOUD so I can feel the bass. The crystal crear highs would get to me first. Then again you don't buy STAX to bump them loud (even though they can!)

Anyway, if i don't get any PM's by tomorrow expressing interest in the mojitos, to the classifieds they go.

I make it a concerted effort to review/give impressions of all my earbuds without any EQ so people at least know the baseline is the straight signal through the bud itself. The Mojitos sound pretty "Grado like" if the highs are insanely clear but sometimes harsh. So what do you use as your earbud of choice if you like to thump the bass? 

Apr 25, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #4,228 of 75,367
  I make it a concerted effort to review/give impressions of all my earbuds without any EQ so people at least know the baseline is the straight signal through the bud itself. The Mojitos sound pretty "Grado like" if the highs are insanely clear but sometimes harsh. So what do you use as your earbud of choice if you like to thump the bass? 

It was my mistake leaving EQ on. I forgot I hadn't bypassed it properly until after my first impressions.

I did a lot of listening today but the signautre was too thin & bass light for me. that said, the detailing it provides is second to none, and fit acutally isn't uncomfortable at all. it just takes a bit to get used to fitting them right. This problem is greatly overxaggerated IMO.

I always eq my bass up. Cygnus were my favorite, but now Zen 2 is my favorite as an all around and for bass bump.

The Mojito really can be bass monsters if you give them plenty of amp power and EQ, but you're EQing pretty heavily at that point, and I understand some people are anti-EQ.

Reading the above posts I think I made a lot of people think they were glad they didn't get the Mojito. They shouldn't be, it's immensely rewarding and is the closest thing I've ever heard to the STAX Eletrostatic sound in an earbud.

Apr 25, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #4,229 of 75,367

It was my mistake leaving EQ on. I forgot I hadn't bypassed it properly until after my first impressions.

I did a lot of listening today but the signautre was too thin & bass light for me. that said, the detailing it provides is second to none, and fit acutally isn't uncomfortable at all. it just takes a bit to get used to fitting them right. This problem is greatly overxaggerated IMO.

I always eq my bass up. Cygnus were my favorite, but now Zen 2 is my favorite as an all around and for bass bump.

The Mojito really can be bass monsters if you give them plenty of amp power and EQ, but you're EQing pretty heavily at that point, and I understand some people are anti-EQ.

Reading the above posts I think I made a lot of people think they were glad they didn't get the Mojito. They shouldn't be, it's immensely rewarding and is the closest thing I've ever heard to the STAX Eletrostatic sound in an earbud.

I haven't tried the mojito. but from memories Stax sounds clean and crystal clear while maintaining smooth sparkly highs. (never had any sibilance trouble with stax while struggling with fostex's even Ostry kc08 at some recordings). the Stax comparison really makes me curious of how the mojito sounds like.

Apr 25, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #4,230 of 75,367
They shouldn't be, it's immensely rewarding and is the closest thing I've ever heard to the STAX Eletrostatic sound in an earbud.

Have you used those Stax head/earphone things? The ones that look like alien death probes for ears?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back