Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 4, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #3,661 of 75,871
Are there any earphones on that list that are better than pk2's but share the same or similar shell as them? they were comfortable and the backup earphones I have now are painful to the ears over time. I won't be running an amp though so I may be asking too much. Any help would be great!

Or should I just go through the facebook guy posted in this thread a few pages prior to this one?

If you listen to a lot of vocal or pop, try the Cygnus. Same shell

Apr 4, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #3,663 of 75,871

There is a review of those up on http://www.head-fi.org/t/781399/audio-pai-audio

Hopefully it will help you decide whether or not to give them a try.

Wow thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

if i want to buy earbuds with great soundstage, lush vocal, warm soundsig, can you give me some advice?

Monk :)

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #3,664 of 75,871
Guys, How is PK1 compare to Zen 2 or Cygnus or Tomahawk ?

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #3,665 of 75,871
And while we are asking for comparisons to Zen and Cygnus, how is the Cygnus bass and sub bass specifically compared to top end earbud bass like the Zen 2.0 and MX985? For me, sub bass and bass presence is important in finding the perfect earbud because I am trying to replace full size headphones. 

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #3,666 of 75,871
And while we are asking for comparisons to Zen and Cygnus, how is the Cygnus bass and sub bass specifically compared to top end earbud bass like the Zen 2.0 and MX985? For me, sub bass and bass presence is important in finding the perfect earbud because I am trying to replace full size headphones. 

I have heard zen 1 is best. Zen 2 is better than Cygnus. Cygnus is the most comfortable and still has good bass presence.

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #3,667 of 75,871
zen1.0 win (better sub bass of the world)

Apr 5, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #3,670 of 75,871

So my BOE arrived today. Very happy, but a wee bit surprised at the lack of a proper hard-case for earbud storage. Came with 2 pais of doughnut foams (Which is one more pair when compared to the Cygnus....SCORE!). 

As one can see from my photo, that is all you get.

Now, as for my initial impressions

The sound of the earbud is quite "thick", "thicker" than the Tomahawks, more so than the Cygnus.
Soundstaging is about on par or below the Tomahwaks, but maybe due to the "thickness" of the sound, it can feel a wee bit intimidate.  

But one thing that hits me straight in the head is bass presence, but maybe that is just me though.

In my personal experience (or lack of), I would categorize this bud as "mid-centric"

@BloodyPenguin would you agree? 

Apr 5, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #3,672 of 75,871
Apr 5, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #3,674 of 75,871

So my BOE arrived today. Very happy, but a wee bit surprised at the lack of a proper hard-case for earbud storage. Came with 2 pais of doughnut foams (Which is one more pair when compared to the Cygnus....SCORE!). 

As one can see from my photo, that is all you get.

Now, as for my initial impressions

The sound of the earbud is quite "thick", "thicker" than the Tomahawks, more so than the Cygnus.
Soundstaging is about on par or below the Tomahwaks, but maybe due to the "thickness" of the sound, it can feel a wee bit intimidate.  

But one thing that hits me straight in the head is bass presence, but maybe that is just me though.

In my personal experience (or lack of), I would categorize this bud as "mid-centric"

@BloodyPenguin would you agree? 

I completely agree.  I still like the BOE a lot, but I heard them before the Tomahawks.  I find the Tomahawk to have a much more clear presentation than the BOE.

I also find that the BOE has that wonderful bass presence as well.  I would also say that the BOE has a slight bump in the mids, giving it nice, smooth, upfront vocals.

--

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #3,675 of 75,871
That reminds me, the earbud case that came with my DK Jin was HUGE.  I mean probably around twice what I'd standardly see.  I decided to move my RE-262 with it's adapters to the big one, and the DK Jin to a smaller spare one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back