Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 22, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #3,182 of 75,439
Hmm, Rose Mojito will be below $200 when the sale starts.

Wish it was offered w/o cables. Wonder what they would charge then?

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #3,183 of 75,439
So I'm getting over a cold right now so my hearing is not perfect but what i can tell you is the Zen2.0 is still better than Cygnus. However, the Cygnus is better that Asura 2.0 IMHO. The one thing i really love right now about the Cygnus is that smaller housing unit that it uses vs VE mx400 housing. The fit is amazing and it is the prettiest of all the buds I own(until the cable turns green lol)

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #3,184 of 75,439
So I'm getting over a cold right now so my hearing is not perfect but what i can tell you is the Zen2.0 is still better than Cygnus. However, the Cygnus is better that Asura 2.0 IMHO. The one thing i really love right now about the Cygnus is that smaller housing unit that it uses vs VE mx400 housing. The fit is amazing and it is the prettiest of all the buds I own(until the cable turns green lol)
nice to know :)

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #3,185 of 75,439

nice to know
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW it does not have like what one head fi er called "sub bass" the cut off is similar to the asura...... I would say id does have more presence around the 100hZ and up mark with makes it bassy... but sorry... no sub bass as in the 20-30hz stuff.

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #3,186 of 75,439

nice to know
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW it does not have like what one head fi er called "sub bass" the cut off is similar to the asura...... I would say id does have more presence around the 100hZ and up mark with makes it bassy... but sorry... no sub bass as in the 20-30hz stuff.

You know what. Im gonna say the Asura and Cygnus are more of a tie. lol. Asura has better separation and soundstage but I listen to a lot of electronic music and the cygnus handles that stuff better than Asura.

Mar 23, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #3,189 of 75,439
what's the final take on Tomahawk vs Ting? I fell off the bait and bought the Tomahawk. Still on its way though. now I'm curious why the Ting is more expensive than the TH. Anyone has thoughts on this so far?

Mar 23, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #3,190 of 75,439
  @BloodyPenguin how does Earbud Thailand's BOE stack up against the Tomahawks?

Thank-you

The BOE has a relaxed, yet highly detailed sound, that is closer to neutral than the Tomahawk.  The Tomahawk in comparison is more forward with a touch more sub-bass.

Both are wonderful earbuds, but with different sound signatures.  I'm enjoying listening to the two against each other.

what's the final take on Tomahawk vs Ting? I fell off the bait and bought the Tomahawk. Still on its way though. now I'm curious why the Ting is more expensive than the TH. Anyone has thoughts on this so far?

I'm currently working on that.

Testing as much as I can right now.  After lots of burn in, I find the Tomahawk to be a bit more forward, just like against the BOE.
The Ting is still a tad forward as well.  Both MusicMaker earbuds have a fantastic clarity.  In your face with every note.

The Tomahawk is the better value.  Little more bass and smoother highs, a very fun signature.
The Ting is the King of the MusicMaker earbuds, very revealing and honest.  Very high quality sound.

You really can't go wrong with purchasing either one.

--

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #3,191 of 75,439
Does anyone here who has the Monk have any interest in the Fiio EM3? I've just ordered the Fiio EM3 off of amazon, can't wait for them to arrive.
My only other pair of earbuds are the BlueEverBlue 328R which I've been using for a little over a year now. I may do my best to compare the two but I am mostly curious about a comparison to the Monk.

The prices of these 3 earbuds are relatively different but since they are all in the lower range and I do not have the Monk I thought I'd ask.

Mar 23, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #3,192 of 75,439
Tomahawk on sale at Easy earphones! $36! Sad I've bought them at $40 a couple of days ago..

2015 Go Pro MrZ Tomahawk MusicMaker Z In Ear Earbuds In Ear Earphone Alloy Tune Earbuds Such as Armature Earphone MX985

http://s.aliexpress.com/ArAj2yyY

(from AliExpress Android)

Just ordered a few minutes ago - $37.70 shipped. I wanted the silver one but EasyEarphones only had the 'Black' and 'Blue' in stock. Cleared it up with them and they said the 'Blue' is in fact the silver one. So I ordered 'Blue'.

@BloodyPenguin can you tell me how is the packaging? If there is a box I will tell them to forego it - it will be easier to pass customs for me.

Mar 23, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #3,193 of 75,439

The BOE has a relaxed, yet highly detailed sound, that is closer to neutral than the Tomahawk.  The Tomahawk in comparison is more forward with a touch more sub-bass.

Both are wonderful earbuds, but with different sound signatures.  I'm enjoying listening to the two against each other.

Damn, I am bloody tempted to buy the earbuds now hahaha

Mar 23, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #3,194 of 75,439

Damn, I am bloody tempted to buy the earbuds now hahaha

Hmm, i m gonna buy BOE then :) Without BOE, my earbud collection will be incomplete.

Mar 23, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #3,195 of 75,439
IMHO BOE super open, relaxing, wide staging earbuds. Headphome like presentation. For me they are amazing pallate cleanser :p

I'm currently working on that.

Testing as much as I can right now.  After lots of burn in, I find the Tomahawk to be a bit more forward, just like against the BOE.
The Ting is still a tad forward as well.  Both MusicMaker earbuds have a fantastic clarity.  In your face with every note.

The Tomahawk is the better value.  Little more bass and smoother highs, a very fun signature.
The Ting is the King of the MusicMaker earbuds, very revealing and honest.  Very high quality sound.

You really can't go wrong with purchasing either one.

--

Users who are viewing this thread

Back