Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 28, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #2,461 of 75,519
  I'll have the Tomahawk by Feb 29th, unfortunately I bought the Ting from a different seller and that one just went overseas today, so another week or so for it to arrive.

Not sure when the Dark Horse G400/Seahf 400 will arrive, not seeing any tracking on it.

The anticipation is killing me.

--

Can you kindly do a comparison between the Tomahawks and the Tings when you have both of them on hand?

Feb 28, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #2,463 of 75,519
  Can you kindly do a comparison between the Tomahawks and the Tings when you have both of them on hand?

That is the plan! 
cool.gif

Feb 28, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #2,466 of 75,519
  Thank-you for taking the time to write up your impression.

If I remember correctly, the old version of the MIN VX is the MIN V5. When you mentioned that you have the first batch, does it mean that you have the MIN V5? Because AFAIK, there is only one version of the MIN VX correct? Did the company changed anything on the MIN VX on the 2nd or 3rd batch?

You are correct. The early version is V5 which comes with a blister box. Then it is replaced by VX, but some of the buyer wanted M1N to enhance the vocal department, hence there is the VX batch 2 with improvements.
Mine is the first batch of M1N VX. Here is the picture. I have to use rubber seal with buldge so it could stays on my ears. I have problem with smaller housing because it is fell off easily.

Add.
An impression of VX on Baidu. Which I think you could read it easily. 
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4303756763

Feb 28, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #2,467 of 75,519
Well then, out with the monks I guess hahaha.

Now the lists comes down to:

MIN VX

TOMAHAWK

SEAHF 400 OHMS

TING

HAVI B3 PRO I

I have to stand up for the Monks a bit. They are probably the best bang for the buck earbuds ever. I see them as on the same level, but a bit better than, earbuds such as Yuin PK3 and Blox BE3 or M2C. All of those cost around $30 so the Monks could easily be sold for $30 or 40. There are better ones, but still the Monks are great value earbuds. I will probably sell my Zen 2.0, since I cannot seem to appreciate the sound even if I have tried hard. I'll probably include the Monks that I got with the Zens, but then I'll buy a new pair of Monks. They're great to have around as a spare pair...

Feb 28, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #2,468 of 75,519

Well then, out with the monks I guess hahaha.

Now the lists comes down to:

MIN VX

TOMAHAWK

SEAHF 400 OHMS

TING

HAVI B3 PRO I

I have to stand up for the Monks a bit. They are probably the best bang for the buck earbuds ever. I see them as on the same level, but a bit better than, earbuds such as Yuin PK3 and Blox BE3 or M2C. All of those cost around $30 so the Monks could easily be sold for $30 or 40. There are better ones, but still the Monks are great value earbuds. I will probably sell my Zen 2.0, since I cannot seem to appreciate the sound even if I have tried hard. I'll probably include the Monks that I got with the Zens, but then I'll buy a new pair of Monks. They're great to have around as a spare pair...

Yes, Monk is Fantastic. For me, it opened my eyes and made me wanting to try other higher end earbuds. Before Monk, I have not even thinking about trying Earbud but use IEM only. Now I am willing to try other higher end earbuds to see what earbuds can do comparing with higher end IEM. I guess that there are many people who tried Monk want to try higher end audiophile grade earbuds for the same reason. (or it is just me.)

Feb 28, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #2,469 of 75,519
In addition, Monk is great but it is to be desired. I hear the distortion when it is turned up the volume and it lacks a bit of clarity (soundstage was very good for me) though. Hence eager to try higher end earbuds. :)

Feb 28, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #2,470 of 75,519
Yes, I fully understand that the Monks have legendary status in the audiophile world. However, here is my problem: since I have already decided to purchase either the Tomahawks, Tings, or MIN VX's, I highly doubt I would go back and listen to the Monks. Instead, the Monks would enter an eternal slumber in my plastic divider box, and suffer the same fate as my SIDY BGVP KT100 after  have gotten the SeaHF 320OHMS new version.

Do anyone of you go back to listen to your monks extensively after you have heard other buds like the Tomahawk? (Just curious)

Feb 28, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #2,471 of 75,519
  You are correct. The early version is V5 which comes with a blister box. Then it is replaced by VX, but some of the buyer wanted M1N to enhance the vocal department, hence there is the VX batch 2 with improvements.
Mine is the first batch of M1N VX. Here is the picture. I have to use rubber seal with buldge so it could stays on my ears. I have problem with smaller housing because it is fell off easily.

Add.
An impression of VX on Baidu. Which I think you could read it easily. 
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4303756763

Ah I see I see. Thanks for the information mate! Any ideas how one would identify or differentiate between v1 and v2?

Feb 28, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #2,472 of 75,519
Yes, I fully understand that the Monks have legendary status in the audiophile world. However, here is my problem: since I have already decided to purchase either the Tomahawks, Tings, or MIN VX's, I highly doubt I would go back and listen to the Monks. Instead, the Monks would enter an eternal slumber in my plastic divider box, and suffer the same fate as my SIDY BGVP KT100 after  have gotten the SeaHF 320OHMS new version.

Do anyone of you go back to listen to your monks extensively after you have heard other buds like the Tomahawk? (Just curious)
Not problem for used all my earbuds, time to time :hushed:

Feb 28, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #2,473 of 75,519
Ah I see I see. Thanks for the information mate! Any ideas how one would identify or differentiate between v1 and v2?

I don't know. You shold be safe if purchasing from the official store. Because mk1 already been discontinued and replaced. I wouldn't know if mine was the mk1 if the seller didn't inform me. He mention about it after I receive my package.

So I am also burning the seahf 400ohm and 320ohm mk2 now.

Feb 28, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #2,475 of 75,519
I don't know. You shold be safe if purchasing from the official store. Because mk1 already been discontinued and replaced. I wouldn't know if mine was the mk1 if the seller didn't inform me. He mention about it after I receive my package.

So I am also burning the seahf 400ohm and 320ohm mk2 now.

Mind telling me what is the difference between the 320 v2 and 400ohms are? I already habe the 320v2 and I was thinking of buying the 400. If they sound about the same, then i can cross them outta my list hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back