Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 1, 2016 at 2:04 AM Post #14,702 of 75,861
  Man, I´m really lucky. I seem to be the only one here, who´s satisfied with what he´s got......  
biggrin.gif

Count me in too. I can't wait to get my other Sony E808+ so I can recable some though. Man, I don't even use my K's 64 or Q39 mods anymore.... (Q39 stock or at least in stock shell is still one of my favorites)

Dec 1, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #14,704 of 75,861
Man, I´m really lucky. I seem to be the only one here, who´s satisfied with what he´s got......  :D

First you have to try everything! I could be perfectly happy with just a pair of Monk+ and a pair of Tomahawk. But a part of the hobby is to find and try out new stuff.

Dec 1, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #14,706 of 75,861
First you have to try everything! I could be perfectly happy with just a pair of Monk+ and a pair of Tomahawk. But a part of the hobby is to find and try out new stuff.

If you could, you would be happy. Obviously, you´re not. No problem with that, I´m just saying I prefer the state of satisfaction to the chase after the (unreachable) carrot.....

Dec 1, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #14,708 of 75,861

If you could, you would be happy. Obviously, you´re not. No problem with that, I´m just saying I prefer the state of satisfaction to the chase after the (unreachable) carrot.....

So which are your new earbuds ?
You always come up with some new earbuds !

Dec 1, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #14,710 of 75,861

It's a part of the hobby. I've got over 500 CDs and over 700 DVDs/Blu Rays. I could be happy with just 10 CDs and 10 movies. But I love discovering new stuff (I do sell movies but not my CDs).

I'm 100% certain I'll never find a better sounding earbud than CAX black. But other earbuds give different flavors. You get bored of gourmet food if you eat it every day. Sometimes a simple burger can make a very nice change.

At least I stay away from the hi res DAP hype. A rockboxed Clip+ is quite close to $500+ DAPs in sound quality so I'd rather spend money on earbuds which makes a bigger difference to the sound...

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #14,712 of 75,861
or otherwise, ClieOS is the most unhappy man, heh :grinning::grinning::grinning:

It´s rather like this for me. Even though I see the difference between SD and HD Movie quality, watching a HD Movie doesn´t give me more satisfaction than a SD Movie. Same with 16/44.1 and High Res files. Same with AK300 and AK380. Same with EO320 and other stuff I´ve heard. Simply put, I´ve noticed a threshold, beyond which there´s no "wow factor" for me anymore.

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #14,713 of 75,861
It´s rather like this for me. Even though I see the difference between SD and HD Movie quality, watching a HD Movie doesn´t give me more satisfaction than a SD Movie. Same with 16/44.1 and High Res files. Same with AK300 and AK380. Same with EO320 and other stuff I´ve heard. Simply put, I´ve noticed a threshold, beyond which there´s no "wow factor" for me anymore.
i see

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #14,715 of 75,861
quote Danneq:
At least I stay away from the hi res DAP hype. A rockboxed Clip+ is quite close to $500+ DAPs in sound quality so I'd rather spend money on earbuds which makes a bigger difference to the sound...
unquote

maybe thats true, I bought a 1000 dollar hm901u with balanced card once only to find it produce poor clarity...
But u perhaps want try zishan dsd player, "only" 100 dollar and it definitely makes a difference to my ears.

back to topic, ordered e808+, qian39 and she3800 and perhaps a few more budget earbuds in the days to come to compare. decideded to change my consecutive earbud monogamy strategy :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back