Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 16, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #14,176 of 75,355
See if someone's willing to sell one of their spares.  I bet you there's at least a few that have 6 pairs or so.

Also, I was curious for those that bought the PT15 from HCK, anyone else not get a tracking update in a week or so?  Another order of mine there, the Masya, was fairly well tracked, but I haven't gotten an update since being processed through EMS.  I know multiple people haven't exactly been happy with HCK of late, so unsure if I need to be concerned.

Nov 16, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #14,178 of 75,355
So whats the over all opinion of the Rose Masya?  I remember reading some where that it is missing mid bass?   I am curious as to if that is true as it might be caused by the crossover between the bass driver and mid/high driver.  

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #14,179 of 75,355
See if someone's willing to sell one of their spares.  I bet you there's at least a few that have 6 pairs or so.

Also, I was curious for those that bought the PT15 from HCK, anyone else not get a tracking update in a week or so?  Another order of mine there, the Masya, was fairly well tracked, but I haven't gotten an update since being processed through EMS.  I know multiple people haven't exactly been happy with HCK of late, so unsure if I need to be concerned.

Nov 16, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #14,181 of 75,355
  So whats the over all opinion of the Rose Masya?  I remember reading some where that it is missing mid bass?   I am curious as to if that is true as it might be caused by the crossover between the bass driver and mid/high driver.  

I've not done any objective measurements, but I feel like the lower mids/higher bass is quite recessed. That's not really my problem with the earbuds though but it does give them a very definite V shaped sound signature, but I feel the V shape sound has its place in everyone's collection. I have two problems with the Rose Masya: fit and piercing highs. I suspect that I'm more sensitive to highs than most though. In any case, one can roll off and smooth the highs over with some EQ if you're one of those folks who doesn't mind using it (I'm not one of those guys).

The fit is.. weird. They always feel like they are going to fall out of my ears. I'd use the earbud wings to keep them in place better but I have to remove the foams in order to use them. Using the Masya without foams brings to mind using a dentist drill to my eardrums - never heard highs THAT piercing before. I'm trying to figure out a way to keep the foams on AND use the silicone wings! No luck so far. If anyone knows how to do that, please let me know. :D

Nov 16, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #14,182 of 75,355

I've not done any objective measurements, but I feel like the lower mids/higher bass is quite recessed. That's not really my problem with the earbuds though but it does give them a very definite V shaped sound signature, but I feel the V shape sound has its place in everyone's collection. I have two problems with the Rose Masya: fit and piercing highs. I suspect that I'm more sensitive to highs than most though. In any case, one can roll off and smooth the highs over with some EQ if you're one of those folks who doesn't mind using it (I'm not one of those guys).

The fit is.. weird. They always feel like they are going to fall out of my ears. I'd use the earbud wings to keep them in place better but I have to remove the foams in order to use them. Using the Masya without foams brings to mind using a dentist drill to my eardrums - never heard highs THAT piercing before. I'm trying to figure out a way to keep the foams on AND use the silicone wings! No luck so far. If anyone knows how to do that, please let me know. :D

How about using multi-holed thick foams, mate?

Nov 16, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #14,183 of 75,355
  How about using multi-holed thick foams, mate?

To tame the highs or to fit the wings on with the foams? It actually hadn't occurred to me to cut holes for the wings in some foams. I have a feeling I might have to remove too much material for it to stay together, but I have a ton of extra foams so I'll give it a shot!

As far as taming the highs: the thickest foams I have are the Hiegi ones from penonaudio. They do tame the highs a little bit, but it's an insignificant improvement over the stock buds.

Nov 16, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #14,184 of 75,355
It's possible to put foams and then wings/earhoox.
I repeat once more it is possible, as I have tried this before, but it's not very easy, I concede.
Good luck!

Nov 16, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #14,186 of 75,355
Nov 16, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #14,187 of 75,355
  Put a surgical tape on top of the driver;check below link how it looks.
It will tame treble without effecting mids.
But heigi "or" any thicker foam makes mids sound dull and not quite effective as compared to surgical tape.
http://cdn.head-fi.org/c/cd/cde3232e_IMG_0141.jpeg

Have a try and let me know.

Ooh, that sounds like a good idea. I'm going to order some off of amazon right now.

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #14,188 of 75,355
  Ooh, that sounds like a good idea. I'm going to order some off of amazon right now.

The best combo is surgical tape with monk plus foam.so that it don't look ugly from outside and mids also not ruined.
if buds are overly bright then put 2 layer of tape on each driver. Both driver must have same layer of tape otherwise it sound imbalanced.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #14,190 of 75,355
  Today the CampFred and CAX black edition got sent out.

I have to say that the box for CAX black is really nice...

Waiting for your impressions on CAX black, I have this feeling that I might buy it for some reason inscrutable to me... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back