Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 5, 2023 at 3:40 AM Post #71,851 of 75,718
I've been going back to the office recently so I've been getting reacquainted with my portable gear, and got to wired earbuds and specifically the NiceHCK DIY MX500s today and man, every time I'm reminded how much I enjoy the sound of these. Thick and warm and bassy and all-enveloping and just completely my thing. Wish I could find a pair of TWS IEMs that sounded exactly like these, I think I'd be set for life. Definitely need some isolation for commuting, so these aren't very good for that.

Oct 5, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #71,852 of 75,718
Has anyone tried this yet? Lavender White Dragon. Shells looks unbelievable handcraft. Can anyone suggest any earbud that has customise or unique shape?

361598469_604648231771276_1636347935736225433_n.jpg
Earbuds CustomArt from Thailand.

LREY from Philippines.

Both are available on Facebook. Hit them up.

Oct 5, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #71,853 of 75,718
1000020709-01.jpeg

Venture Electronics Sun Copper!

I've become a proud owner of them today. Suffice to say I'm appropriately flabbergasted at how insanely good they sound! The soundstage, separation, and imaging are just out of the world and truly TOTL!

I think I should feel blessed that the fit is quite good for my ears even without the earhooks (which I am unable to use correctly.) Just need the clip to ensure the cable does not pull it out of my ears. These probably weighs more than double of the TGXear Desolation Sound.

Before the obvious question comes, let me answer it for you all, albeit in brief, because the full version will be in the final review of the DS:

Sun Copper wins in soundstage, separation, imaging, mid and treble details.
Desolation Sound wins in bass quality and quantity, timbre, and tonality.

Here's me in a session with them at break:
IMG_20231005_144749.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #71,854 of 75,718
1000020709-01.jpeg

Venture Electronics Sun Copper!

I've become a proud owner of them today. Suffice to say I'm appropriately flabbergasted at how insanely good they sound! The soundstage, separation, and imaging are just out of the world and truly TOTL!

I think I should feel blessed that the fit is quite good for my ears even without the earhooks (which I am unable to use correctly.) Just need the clip to ensure the cable does not pull it out of my ears. These probably weighs more than double of the TGXear Desolation Sound.

Before the obvious question comes, let me answer it for you all, albeit in brief, because the full version will be in the final review of the DS:

Sun Copper wins in soundstage, separation, imaging, mid and treble details.
Desolation Sound wins in bass quality and quantity, timbre, and tonality.

Here's me in a session with them at break:
IMG_20231005_144749.jpg
Your description of Sun Copper is all the things I like in earbuds (well headphones in general). I'd really like to try them.

Oct 5, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #71,855 of 75,718
Call me deaf but I don't really hear the sense of staging and depth people are claiming! Its a very good earbud don't get me wrong, but the price it's at to what I have heard in my life, I don't hear it.

Tonally, one of the best earbuds. But the low end feels a bit muddy and the staging is pretty nice, thou not as impressive as I find it to be. Doesn't beat speakers or others from what I have heard.

Not trying to be a negative person here, like I said it's one of the better earbuds to exist on the market but I haven't felt the magic others are seeing which it would be nice if i did haha.

Oct 5, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #71,857 of 75,718
Nothing beats speakers FACT.
Correct, nothing (objective case) beats speakers... that is why I have earbuds :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I have always liked nothing over speakers and greatly prefer nothing to IEMs. Nothing seems to be on par with closed-back headphones.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #71,858 of 75,718
Correct, nothing (objective case) beats speakers... that is why I have earbuds :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:I have always liked nothing over speakers and greatly prefer nothing to IEMs. Nothing seems to be on par with closed-back headphones.
Can't wear speakers on your head after all!

Oct 5, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #71,860 of 75,718
Call me deaf but I don't really hear the sense of staging and depth people are claiming! Its a very good earbud don't get me wrong, but the price it's at to what I have heard in my life, I don't hear it.

Tonally, one of the best earbuds. But the low end feels a bit muddy and the staging is pretty nice, thou not as impressive as I find it to be. Doesn't beat speakers or others from what I have heard.

Not trying to be a negative person here, like I said it's one of the better earbuds to exist on the market but I haven't felt the magic others are seeing which it would be nice if i did haha.
Which buds are you referring to? DS or Sun Copper or ...?

Oct 5, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #71,862 of 75,718

Good to hear an opposing viewpoint (on the Sun Copper). At that price point I would really need to hear them for myself before I bought. Unless I could get a solid return policy I guess.

Oct 6, 2023 at 12:53 AM Post #71,863 of 75,718
Good to hear an opposing viewpoint (on the Sun Copper). At that price point I would really need to hear them for myself before I bought. Unless I could get a solid return policy I guess.
Although I do believe that they are indeed an upper to God-tier level flathead for some people the biggest issue I have with the entire Venture Electronics Sun and Zen SU family is the heavy, large-sized bell-horn type shells that VE employs which is truly a royal nightmare for me to fit properly and to consistently keep in my small troublesome ears. It was the main reason why I finally parted with my VE Sun Dice and also why I never purchased the VE Sun Copper which tonality wise I liked more than my VE Sun Dice and even preferred over the flagship VE Zen SU.

One thing that must be noted that out of all the earbuds I have ever heard and owned the VE Sun (Dice and Copper) and VE Zen SU are probably the closest earbuds that sound like "closed-back" headphones... more intimate and personal sounding (narrow soundstage) almost as if they lack a tad of that airy openness that I find so appealing about flathead earbuds in general. Now I will readily admit that a poor to bad fit may be a huge reason why I was not gobsmacked by the Zen SU and do not rate it, the Sun Copper, or even the Sun Dice for that matter, higher in my personal rankings (although they are rightly listed in my Honorable Mentions table :wink:).

I have yet had the opportunity to try Venture Electronics slightly smaller bell-horn shell models the Asura Pure White Shining Limited Edition aka APWS and the Zen Shining Limited Edition models... maybe the fit with these two (2) other models will be much better but unfortunately their known tunings (signatures) are brighter than I prefer so...

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 2:34 AM Post #71,864 of 75,718

I love my VE sets, including Sun Dice but like @ValSuki I wasn't taken by the sound of the Sun Copper I heard. It may have been because I was listening side by side with Sun Dice which has a much cleaner sound overall and offers a similarly impressive sound stage (I was also listening to APWS and Zen SU alot about that time). Copper sounded veiled by comparison to Dice and had a tighter stage and more forward midrange.

Sun Dice has quite a flat bass with more roll off so percussion isn't all that exciting and Copper definitely provides a more dynamic and emotive sound overall. The price hike over Sun Dice just left me wondering...

All of this is assuming there's minimal unit variation as I have heard somewhat conflicting reports on tonality difference between Dice and Copper.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #71,865 of 75,718
Although I do believe that they are indeed an upper to God-tier level flathead for some people the biggest issue I have with the entire Venture Electronics Sun and Zen SU family is the heavy, large-sized bell-horn type shells that VE employs which is truly a royal nightmare for me to fit properly and to consistently keep in my small troublesome ears. It was the main reason why I finally parted with my VE Sun Dice and also why I never purchased the VE Sun Copper which tonality wise I liked more than my VE Sun Dice and even preferred over the flagship VE Zen SU.

One thing that must be noted that out of all the earbuds I have ever heard and owned the VE Sun (Dice and Copper) and VE Zen SU are probably the closest earbuds that sound like "closed-back" headphones... almost as if they lack a tad of that airy openness that I find so appealing about flathead earbuds in general. Now I will readily admit that a poor to bad fit may be a huge reason why I was not gobsmacked by the Zen SU and do not rate it, the Sun Copper, or even the Sun Dice for that matter, higher in my personal rankings (although they are rightly listed in my Honorable Mentions table :wink:).

I have yet had the opportunity to try Venture Electronics slightly smaller bell-horn shell models the Asura Pure White Shining Limited Edition aka APWS and the Zen Shining Limited Edition models... maybe the fit with these two (2) other models will be much better but unfortunately their known tunings (signatures) are brighter than I prefer so...

Absolutely agree with you on this 'closed back' feeling on Zen SU, not necessarily because of the lack of air but mostly because of the contained dynamics and density of the sound.

I love the Zen SU, I treat it as an all rounder, probably the best I have heard. Throw your library at it and it'll do a good job across it all. I find it very difficult to listen to metal/rock on earbuds as the majority sound flat in macrodynamics and light on weight for my tastes but SU is a beast with this stuff. Electric guitar and bass strings are very fun. Not much subbass at all but great midbass and low mid weight. My impressions are from Defiant with Docking Bay, it does need the power to balance the sound and tighten the driver.

As for the price, it's bonkers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back