Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 22, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #6,873 of 75,861
  My Red Monks should be arriving today.  I've also got a serious eye on the TY Hi-Z HP-32 as well.  I just DON'T need anymore earbuds.  

Why do I keep buying them?  

will provide impression on ty hiz hp32 when i get it. it just left hong kong

Jul 22, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #6,874 of 75,861
  My Red Monks should be arriving today.  I've also got a serious eye on the TY Hi-Z HP-32 as well.  I just DON'T need anymore earbuds.  

I also ordered the ty hi-z hp-32, today I went and bought a sennheiser mx170, and realized that it was the first sennheiser that I have ever bought, (also thinking about the mx500), and the thing is I don't think I'll stop there...

maybe its just that everyone says that earbuds are no good but when you realize that they can be good, you want to see how many earbuds are actually good? 

Jul 22, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #6,875 of 75,861
I also ordered the ty hi-z hp-32, today I went and bought a sennheiser mx170, and realized that it was the first sennheiser, (also thinking about the mx500), and the thing is I don't think I'll stop there...

maybe its just that everyone says that earbuds are no good but when you realize that they can be good, you want to see how many earbuds are actually good? 

This.

Jul 22, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #6,876 of 75,861
  I also ordered the ty hi-z hp-32, today I went and bought a sennheiser mx170, and realized that it was the first sennheiser, (also thinking about the mx500), and the thing is I don't think I'll stop there...

I think for me, I just want to hear how each earbud sounds.  They are just so much fun.  It is like Pokemon Go, got to collect them all!  

--

Jul 22, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #6,878 of 75,861
Curious... how many of you avoid using IEM's altogether?  

I've never found them comfortable, but after hearing how nice an earbud could sound, I'm tempted to give an IEM another chance (given that the general opinion is that they sound superior to earbuds).

Jul 22, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #6,879 of 75,861

I've never found them comfortable, but after hearing how nice an earbud could sound, I'm tempted to give an IEM another chance (given that the general opinion is that they sound superior to earbuds).

I have had a love hate relationship with IEMs over the years.

I end up starting to use them for isolation, and then end up loving using IEMs all the time until I get sick of things being in my ears.

I have used earbuds more than IEMs total since the OG monks came out. I have many, many sets of monks. Unless I am craving serious bass impact from an IEM and don't want to use full size cans for full size head slammage, I always pick earbuds.

It's like open over ears vs closed over ears. I would say at this point I more or less avoid using IEMs. I'm selling almost all my IEMs, anyway, cause I like earbuds most. best of all worlds.

Every day I am so happy earbuds came back in style, I love earbuds so so much.

Jul 22, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #6,880 of 75,861
My IEM Solution:  The MusicMaker Tomahawk Earphone, Thing:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-tomahawk-in-ear/reviews/15792

I've been using this for the last few days to block noise while at lunch, they are just fantastic for me.  Super comfortable (with foam tips) and the sound is very decent.  The flat cable is great for in the pocket because it does not tangle as easily.  It is not as airy as an earbud, but it is about as good as it gets for an IEM for me.

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #6,881 of 75,861

Lol, agree completely. And yes, the Red Monk+ will be much, much faster...:sunglasses:

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #6,882 of 75,861

I hate IEMs

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #6,883 of 75,861
These just came in the mail. Creative Aurvana Air and modified VE Monk.

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #6,885 of 75,861
These just came in the mail. Creative Aurvana Air and modified VE Monk.

Who modded the Monk, and very interested to hear your impressions of the Aurvana Air! I've been curious about that one for a very , very long time but never gave it a shot. Curious to hear how you think it stacks up against things like the Cygnus and Mojito. You got a Zen yet? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back