Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 21, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #6,856 of 75,861
After few days with Cygnus I tried my Tomahawk again and oh my... It is a night and day. They are so bad... I don't know what others received in a past, the one that I got is just so unpleasant and harsh. I wish I could return it...

I was almost going to get the Tomahawk but got the Tings instead. They've definitely grown on me and I listen to them as much as my Cygnus now. Still curious about the Tomahawk... those who like them seem to really love them. Is it the highs that you don't like when compared to the Cygnus?

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #6,858 of 75,861
I was almost going to get the Tomahawk but got the Tings instead. They've definitely grown on me and I listen to them as much as my Cygnus now. Still curious about the Tomahawk... those who like them seem to really love them. Is it the highs that you don't like when compared to the Cygnus?

It is not even the highs. The sounds is so unpleasant and unrefined. Whoever used "harsh" to describe it hit it right on the head. It is just harsh. Even a 5 dollar Monk is ways above it... I strongly suspect that I got a set that somehow inferior to what others got...

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #6,862 of 75,861

It is not even the highs. The sounds is so unpleasant and unrefined. Whoever used "harsh" to describe it hit it right on the head. It is just harsh. Even a 5 dollar Monk is ways above it... I strongly suspect that I got a set that somehow inferior to what others got...

Hmm maybe. But I like the hawks very much before I got my Mojito. To me at least they sound fantastically open and has some good airiness to them, though details are not the best.

Jul 22, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #6,863 of 75,861
  Hmm maybe. But I like the hawks very much before I got my Mojito. To me at least they sound fantastically open and has some good airiness to them, though details are not the best.

It may depend on the sound you listen to. I listen to EDM, and the sound of the Tomahawks literally pierced my ears lol

Jul 22, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #6,866 of 75,861
I am now having 2nd thoughts to make a stand for the Zen 2.0 as my earbud champion. Listening to Cygnus for 3 days straight now and I can say that it has best vocals that I ever heard from an earbud. Although I'm still using EQ using my Cowon P1, the sound from the Cygnus is the most comfortable and due to low impedance, it shines even without an amp. Will try to listen more and switch between the Zen to make a conclusion. Still waiting for the Edimun V3 to arrive. Has anybody here received the AG RX-1?

Jul 22, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #6,869 of 75,861
  I am now having 2nd thoughts to make a stand for the Zen 2.0 as my earbud champion. Listening to Cygnus for 3 days straight now and I can say that it has best vocals that I ever heard from an earbud. Although I'm still using EQ using my Cowon P1, the sound from the Cygnus is the most comfortable and due to low impedance, it shines even without an amp. Will try to listen more and switch between the Zen to make a conclusion. Still waiting for the Edimun V3 to arrive. Has anybody here received the AG RX-1?

Tell us your opinion on Edimun V3 vs Zen 2 vs Cygnus once it's arrived :)

and by any chance, do you plan buying a Seahf LD-4.0?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back