Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 2, 2023 at 3:24 AM Post #68,596 of 76,509
I was looking to buy a pair of cheap MMCX earbuds. I've already bought the cabled Yincrow X6 and Fengru Tingo TC200.

I'm having difficulty choosing an MMCX model. Specifically these caught my interest:
- Fengru TC200 PRO
- RY4S mmcx
- RY4S Plus mmcx

Anyone got any suggestions? Are there better options for the price?

Mar 2, 2023 at 3:38 AM Post #68,597 of 76,509
I was looking to buy a pair of cheap MMCX earbuds. I've already bought the cabled Yincrow X6 and Fengru Tingo TC200.

I'm having difficulty choosing an MMCX model. Specifically these caught my interest:
- Fengru TC200 PRO
- RY4S mmcx
- RY4S Plus mmcx

The RY4S Plus MMCX is probably the best of the 3 you listed, but I think they are probably sidegrades to what you already have. It is V shaped, fun sounding.

Maybe look into saving your money for a more substantial upgrade.

Mar 2, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #68,598 of 76,509
The RY4S Plus MMCX is probably the best of the 3 you listed, but I think they are probably sidegrades to what you already have. It is V shaped, fun sounding.

Maybe look into saving your money for a more substantial upgrade.
I've only known about the cheapest of earbuds. I wasn't sure about more expensive ones, because I don't know which ones are a good value.

Where could I find some information about the more expensive models? They're are so many, it gets confusing at times

Mar 2, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #68,599 of 76,509
I've only known about the cheapest of earbuds. I wasn't sure about more expensive ones, because I don't know which ones are a good value.

Where could I find some information about the more expensive models? They're are so many, it gets confusing at times
These are my recommendations for the best of the best you can get regardless of money. Some are going to be a lot cheaper than others, but I put them all in the same TOTL class and they are all worth their price in some way or another (for my ears, and YMMV). Also note, there are bound to be as good or better out there, but I just haven't heard them yet:

• FiiO FF3 (least expensive)
  • FiiO FF5
  • Yincrow RW2000
  • Yincrow RW3000
  • Yinman 2.0 600
  • Moondrop Chaconne (most expensive)

Mar 2, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #68,600 of 76,509

Ever since @JAnonymous5150 praised them, I will never not shill these 80Ohm DIY LCP earbuds. Just a good set of well-balanced, natural sounding buds that are my current go-to pair (although they do face some competition from some DIY 130Ohm bery I made a couple of weeks ago).

Mar 2, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #68,601 of 76,509
Ever since @JAnonymous5150 praised them, I will never not shill these 80Ohm DIY LCP earbuds. Just a good set of well-balanced, natural sounding buds that are my current go-to pair (although they do face some competition from some DIY 130Ohm bery I made a couple of weeks ago).
Yup, 80 Ohm LCPs are on the recommend list.

Mar 2, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #68,602 of 76,509
oh those looks nice!
I'm a bit puzzled at the different options and why some are pricier, as there are little to no explanations on the page.
To me it looks like the two options on the left are just the earbuds and the two options on the right are the earbuds + cables ?
The default pictures for the two options on the right seems to show cables without the mic, too, so that's a bit confusing :D
Edit: my bad, zooming on the pictures does indeed shows that it's the cable with the mic, so my guess is that it's with and without the cable ?

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #68,604 of 76,509
oh those looks nice!
I'm a bit puzzled at the different options and why some are pricier, as there are little to no explanations on the page.
To me it looks like the two options on the left are just the earbuds and the two options on the right are the earbuds + cables ?
The default pictures for the two options on the right seems to show cables without the mic, too, so that's a bit confusing :D
Edit: my bad, zooming on the pictures does indeed shows that it's the cable with the mic, so my guess is that it's with and without the cable ?
If you are going to get a set, go for the 80 Ohm LCP versions (cabled or without cable if you have spare mmcx cables), not the 32 Ohm Titanium versions.

Mar 2, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #68,605 of 76,509
If you are going to get a set, go for the 80 Ohm LCP versions (cabled or without cable if you have spare mmcx cables), not the 32 Ohm Titanium versions.
ok so the options are basically if you want the cable with it or not, thanks for the clarification.
Well it's on the wishlist, I might get those in a few weeks.

Mar 2, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #68,606 of 76,509
ok so the options are basically if you want the cable with it or not, thanks for the clarification.
Well it's on the wishlist, I might get those in a few weeks.

The options are for the titanium driver earbuds with and without cable and the LCO driver buds with and without cable. The 80ohm LCPs were buds that I originally threw in my cart basically at random because the metal shell caught my eye and I was trying a lot of random cheapies at the time. They gave me just enough added to the balance to use some coupon, but they have since turned out to be solid earbuds that I have been rec'ing as a solid pair of affordable allrounders.

BTW, @BCool and @mt877 , it's cool to see these getting some love from others. I still use mine on the regular 🤘😎

Mar 3, 2023 at 1:46 AM Post #68,607 of 76,509
The options are for the titanium driver earbuds with and without cable and the LCO driver buds with and without cable. The 80ohm LCPs were buds that I originally threw in my cart basically at random because the metal shell caught my eye and I was trying a lot of random cheapies at the time. They gave me just enough added to the balance to use some coupon, but they have since turned out to be solid earbuds that I have been rec'ing as a solid pair of affordable allrounders.

BTW, @BCool and @mt877 , it's cool to see these getting some love from others. I still use mine on the regular 🤘😎
These DIY LCP earbuds are 30 bucks. Are they a substantial upgrade from all the other 10$ earbuds on aliexpress like the RY4S or the TRN EMA (which i just bought, as they looked like a steal with that alluminum case)?
They are triple the price after all.

Mar 3, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #68,608 of 76,509
These DIY LCP earbuds are 30 bucks. Are they a substantial upgrade from all the other 10$ earbuds on aliexpress like the RY4S or the TRN EMA (which i just bought, as they looked like a steal with that alluminum case)?
They are triple the price after all.

I see them at $18/$25.67 depending on whether you grab a cable, but either way, I absolutely find them to be a significant step up from the TRN EMA (which I also have, think are pretty neat, and have listened to side by side) and the RY4S (this from memory as I have given three successive pairs of them away, though I also think they're a good deal). Of all the sub-$50 or so buds I have tried the NSC 80 LCPs would be my pick. They sound good on basically any genre. They scale with a good DAC/DAP, but are low enough impedance that you can plug them into most anything and they have the tuning and technical chops to take advatange of quality files and chains.

Mar 3, 2023 at 2:09 AM Post #68,609 of 76,509
I see them at $18/$25.67 depending on whether you grab a cable, but either way, I absolutely find them to be a significant step up from the TRN EMA (which I also have, think are pretty neat, and have listened to side by side) and the RY4S (this from memory as I have given three successive pairs of them away, though I also think they're a good deal). Of all the sub-$50 or so buds I have tried the NSC 80 LCPs would be my pick. They sound good on basically any genre. They scale with a good DAC/DAP, but are low enough impedance that you can plug them into most anything and they have the tuning and technical chops to take advatange of quality files and chains.
Thank you. I will look into getting them. They look gorgeous too

Mar 3, 2023 at 2:16 AM Post #68,610 of 76,509
Thank you. I will look into getting them. They look gorgeous too

The shells themselves are great! I have used a couple pairs with other drivers on some DIY builds. They look great, they're easy to work with, and for me they sit in my ears more comfortably than MX500 shells for instance. Honestly, if you enjoy a good balanced tuning and you're not looking for something basshead or treblehead leaning then I think you'll enjoy the NSC 80s, but if you grab a pair make sure you come back and let me/us know how they work for you.

BTW, for anyone out there who's interested, I bought a couple extra pairs of them to give for presents and so that I could check to make sure the units sound reasonably similar since I started rec'ing them and all 3 pairs that I listened to have the same tuning/sonic profile so I don't think we have to worry too much about them sounding drastically different from pair to pair as I have noticed with some other budget buds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back