Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 28, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #65,476 of 75,342
Don't you just love it when you buy, make, or acquire something that adds happiness to your life and exceeds all expectations? I do.
Amen brother! :)

Also, I posted this one before but seems very relevant (once again) to me. I don't normally like this sort of music (though @WoodyLuvr has provided some excellent recs for me to nibble on :)), but the textures, and deep bass/bassline, and etc... is truly awe inspiring if bass is what you are seeking (not just an all bass song mind you). It seems as though you might like this track with your new shiny?! Do be patient as it transitions quite a few times, and it is a rather long song. Also it DOES sound much better in higher resolution:

Sep 28, 2022 at 6:53 PM Post #65,477 of 75,342
LOL is that their name?

This BTW is also one of the things that SO attracted me to buds to begin with. I just couldn't imagine something sounding so out of my head; more even than open back headphones because those you KNOW are on your head (most times lol), but earbuds give you that same sense, and you sometimes forget they are there, which in turn tricks your brain and you seem to feel that even more.

Oh 2Cellos are great IMO! How long have you played?

I think 5 or 6 years. I was living by myself the first time, abroad. The PhD did not go well so I distracted myself by watching an anime show about a high school girl who was given a magic violin and had to participate in a music competition against elite music students. The show had a lot of educational bits teaching classical music, so I suddenly wanted to play one of those instruments. I was leaning towards flute or clarinet, but remember I always wanted to mimic the violin sound when playing harmonica, so I picked violin.

I used to play harmonica in the past, actually. Recorded a couple “albums” but I lost the source files. Luckily some friends / fans / (creeps?) kept the original MP3 and uploaded them to Vietnamese spotify knock-off. (Here and here). I was such a w*nker with inflated ego back then to record these “albums” :dt880smile:

To bring this back to buds: these “albums” sound horrible with all of my buds, btw. I used to double checked them with laptop speakers

Sep 28, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #65,478 of 75,342
I used to play harmonica in the past, actually. Recorded a couple “albums” but I lost the source files. Luckily some friends / fans / (creeps?) kept the original MP3 and uploaded them to Vietnamese spotify knock-off. (Here and here).
WOW! Hats off to you sir! :thinking::thumbsup:

Sep 28, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #65,479 of 75,342
And I am still stuck on Umphrey's Mcgee per @JAnonymous5150 rec (thanks again for a wonderful find). How about u?

I found the "Anchor Drops" album in my JAnonymous tidal playlist and gave it a whirl. Really liked it! Great band!

Also, I posted this one before but seems very relevant (once again) to me. I don't normally like this sort of music (though @WoodyLuvr has provided some excellent recs for me to nibble on :)), but the textures, and deep bass/bassline, and etc... is truly awe inspiring if bass is what you are seeking (not just an all bass song mind you). It seems as though you might like this track with your new shiny?! Do be patient as it transitions quite a few times, and it is a rather long song. Also it DOES sound much better in higher resolution:

I do like my share of electronica/trance, so I'm really digging this as well!

Edit: it has a 70's vibe to it lol! Normally also wouldn't be my exact preference, but it has an addictive appeal to it!

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #65,480 of 75,342
I have been busy all day at the studio and whatnot, but as per @ian91 post about what were are enjoying I've got one. As most of you guys know, I got two pairs of Cypherus Audio buds recently, the ZoomFred Pros and the Black Edition with a custom retune job by Herry. Both are awesome and I'm stoked to own them.

I'm really surprised by one thing in particular though. The ZF Pros are a better technical bud and a newer model that I like better than the way the Black Editions sounded before the retune. However, these retuned Black Editions are a whole different beast! They have this powerful attack with thick meaty decay and this overall punchy, funky style to them that has me addicted to listening to music with killer baselines especially if the bass guitar is being played slap style. I don't even know exactly how to describe it, but I don't think I've ever heard it before and I've been absolutely stuck on hunting through my music collection for albums specifically to play on these. So much fun! 🤘😎

Don't you just love it when you buy, make, or acquire something that adds happiness to your life and exceeds all expectations? I do.
If you haven't yet, try them with some Vulfpeck. The base lines are just so good.

Sep 28, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #65,481 of 75,342
I found the "Anchor Drops" album in my JAnonymous tidal playlist and gave it a whirl. Really liked it! Great band!

I do like my share of electronica/trance, so I'm really digging this as well!

Edit: it has a 70's vibe to it lol! Normally also wouldn't be my exact preference, but it has an addictive appeal to it!
Is it the Anchor Drops album, or the Anchor Drops Redux (which incidentally also has the OG album as CD #2)? I like them both, but I think I am digging the remaster versions even more than the remix versions (OG).

I don't know if you remember @miserybeforethemusic or not, but it was he that introduced me to this one. :)

What did you listen with (if you don't mind me asking)?

Sep 28, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #65,482 of 75,342
Is it the Anchor Drops album, or the Anchor Drops Redux (which incidentally also has the OG album as CD #2)? I like them both, but I think I am digging the remaster versions even more than the remix versions (OG).

I don't know if you remember @miserybeforethemusic or not, but it was he that introduced me to this one. :)

What did you listen with (if you don't mind me asking)?

It was the Redux version. I assume that's the remaster? I'll have to check out the OG album too.

I don't think I had the pleasure of knowing @misery, but he done good with the rec!

I was listening with the FF3's. Hard to get them out of my ears! But I did listen to the ST10 BG's for a while (with the bass foams). I'm very happy to have both of those sets of buds :)

Since we're talking music, here's something that I love (Steven Wilson, Regret #9). Both the keyboard solo (Adam Holzman) and the guitar solo (Govan Guthrie) are simply epic:

Sep 28, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #65,484 of 75,342
It was the Redux version. I assume that's the remaster? I'll have to check out the OG album too.
Yes they are actually both on the same set (two CDs) where the first one is the remaster, and the second is the remix of the OG album. Enjoy bro!
I was listening with the FF3's. Hard to get them out of my ears! But I did listen to the ST10 BG's for a while (with the bass foams). I'm very happy to have both of those sets of buds :)
You picked a couple of really good ones IMO... :)
Since we're talking music, here's something that I love (Steven Wilson, Regret #9). Both the keyboard solo (Adam Holzman) and the guitar solo (Govan Guthrie) are simply epic:
Oh sweet. I think I have some Steve Wilson somehwere, but I will give this one a listen and see if it comes back to me. Either way, TY!
I don't think I had the pleasure of knowing @misery, but he done good with the rec!
I could have sworn that you were on the TWS thread when he was around?! No? I could be wrong though.... :)

Sep 28, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #65,485 of 75,342
I could have sworn that you were on the TWS thread when he was around?! No? I could be wrong though.... :)

I've been around here for too long, and I can't say that I have a steel clap memory, so anything is possible!

Sep 28, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #65,486 of 75,342
I've been around here for too long, and I can't say that I have a steel clap memory, so anything is possible!
It's all good. My memory sometimes lapses day to day... I guess it could be worse, and it could be from hour to hour. :thermometer_face:

Sep 28, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #65,488 of 75,342

I'm stoked to learn that you have a playlist of my recs! My vanity knows no bounds...😜

Sep 28, 2022 at 10:54 PM Post #65,489 of 75,342

I just found a CD quality version. I'm looking around to see if I can find it in hi-res. Either way, I'm gonna give it a run when I get home on the Expanses. Thanks for the rec!

I have a bunch of Crush stuff queued up in a list as well bases on your recs. Maybe I need to start a dedicated @samandhi playlist...🤔

Sep 28, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #65,490 of 75,342
I'm stoked to learn that you have a playlist of my recs! My vanity knows no bounds...😜

Yeah well, keep'em coming! I have a ways to go yet, but I'm really enjoying the tunes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back