Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 29, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #59,476 of 75,270
Another option would be the even cheaper Iris Ancestor.
I'm talking about Ancestor. First problem, transparent shell (go with opaque). Bad resonance and because they use strong glue to secure the connection between shell and driver cover, if you try to detach the driver you'll probably break the lip of the shell. 2nd issue is a bad way of tuning the driver. They cover half of the horseshoe black filter with glue, which block the back sound wave of the driver. This affect the mids mostly and some details in treble.
With very simple filters combo you can get 20-30% improvement which is very fascinating considering that this driver is worth probably $1.
I managed slightly better tonality than with Snow Lotus CE, probably because of advanced mod.
On the other hand, SL CE has 64ohm, better technicality and yes, is older driver but still one of the best 64ohm driver that I tried so far.
15.4mm DIY 64ohm full Ti and 14.8mm DIY 64ohm N55 have better specs but they sound worst. K's 64ohm is probably a step above SL CE.

Dec 29, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #59,477 of 75,270
Dec 29, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #59,478 of 75,270
Dec 29, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #59,479 of 75,270
LOL!

Not surprised if the companies are OEMing around. FWIW, I remember reading bad reviews for the Xiao Fan earbud.
yeah, but the problem is...this is their FIRST bud...and it aint even their own....its very dissapointing for a brand like them to do this...

Dec 29, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #59,480 of 75,270
yeah, but the problem is...this is their FIRST bud...and it aint even their own....its very dissapointing for a brand like them to do this...

I guess Tin HIFI isn't a earbud company, so they probably do need to OEM for a start.

For example, when KBEAR first started out around 3 years ago, they used KZ to OEM for them (eg KBEAR KB10), then later they started churning out their own in-house stuff once they became more established. TRI (sister company of KBEAR) recently jumped into the DAP game, and they released the TRI TK2 which is supposedly an OEM of KAEI (which is a DAP company).

Dec 29, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #59,481 of 75,270
I guess Tin HIFI isn't a earbud company, so they probably do need to OEM for a start.

For example, when KBEAR first started out around 3 years ago, they used KZ to OEM for them (eg KBEAR KB10), then later they started churning out their own in-house stuff once they became more established. TRI (sister company of KBEAR) recently jumped into the DAP game, and they released the TRI TK2 which is supposedly an OEM of KAEI (which is a DAP company).
I think people would be really shocked how much this really happens especially in the Asian electronics market.

Dec 29, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #59,482 of 75,270
I think people would be really shocked how much this really happens especially in the Asian electronics market.

And would probably also be shocked by the R&D cost for a proprietary DD/acoustic housing. Much lower initial risk.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #59,483 of 75,270
A substantial update to my earbuds God-Tier List

After a few recent posts and a number of PM requests I have finally added the Newbsound 32pro to the God-Tier List as a number of respected fellow earbud fanatics think & speak rather highly of them. I was initially hesitant to put on the list as I have not heard them yet but as I am familiar with most of the drivers that @irv003 is using I thought it was time to add to the list as accordingly.
I received my 32pros a couple of days ago and while I'll be curious to see if and how the sound changes over time, I'm really enjoying them so far. Paired with my iFi XDSD Gryphon, the sound is warm and organic, perfect for late-night jazz listening. I find the bass present, but super controlled, so that it leaves room for everything else. I'm also impressed with the resolution of these tiny buds. And I'm finding the soundstage wider than it has any right to be. Since receiving them, I find myself reaching for these more than I do my over-ears at the moment. Finally, @irv003 was a pleasure to deal with.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #59,484 of 75,270
I am new to the earbud community and I am looking in to the Faaeal Snow Lotus 1.0+ or the Iris 2.0s because I am looking for a good cheap earbud to use for listening to music and play competitive games like apex and Valorant. Anyone know which I should get or any other options?
Qian39.

Dec 29, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #59,485 of 75,270
Dec 29, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #59,486 of 75,270
ripman.png

I tried purchasing a Yinman 600LE 2.0 but they seem to be done. Little upset.

Dec 29, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #59,487 of 75,270
ripman.png

I tried purchasing a Yinman 600LE 2.0 but they seem to be done. Little upset.
Was this ordering through AVCCK on AliExpress?

Dec 29, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #59,489 of 75,270
Yup, not sure where else to look for it thats available
Yes, it does seem hard to come by. I ordered from them in March but they were unable to fulfil the order then and said production was discontinued, so I cancelled. They also tried to send me something else, but I asked for a cancellation.

Dec 29, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #59,490 of 75,270
Yes, it does seem hard to come by. I ordered from them in March but they were unable to fulfil the order then and said production was discontinued, so I cancelled. They also tried to send me something else, but I asked for a cancellation.
Damn, then I'll most likely cancel these.

I'm just looking for a bud that's good for more critical listening to pair with my amp (its also an excuse to use my amp haha) and thought these were one. The search continues!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back